VIPKID Employee Reviews for Instructor

Labor law violation
Online Instructor (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 20, 2018
This company promotes by encouraging teachers to get noticed by volunteering. This is a clear violation of labor law in the US and it’s only a matter of time before they are reported
Pros
Cons
Free labor
Productive and rewarding
Instructor (Current Employee) –  215 Silver Creek Lane, Shelby NC 28152June 21, 2018
I teach from my home, but the company is based our of China. I determine the number of classes I do each day/week. The time is very flexible and accommodating. Pay is great and I qualified for a raise after my first year. I am not sure of the policy after your first raise.
Awesome flexibility with room to increase pay
TEFL Instructor (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAMay 9, 2018
One of the best jobs to make money on the side, or even go full time if you are interested in working a lot of morning or evening hours. Able to plan your own schedule and take vacation any time you want. No company benefits are included.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
low stability. Could be fired at any time
I am SO HAPPY with my job
ESOL Instructor (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 23, 2018
This has been one of the best experiences of my life. I adore my students and my parents are involved and amazing. I can't ever imagine not working there, even if my hours drastically reduce when I get a full time job. It has made me a more effective communicator, a more responsible contractor, and brought me more joy than I could have ever imagined.
Great job for EFL instruction
EFL Instructor (Current Employee) –  OnlineApril 21, 2018
If you can get up at 3:00am with a smile on your face, then the hours won't kill you. They'll wear you out but are not fatal. I love the children I teach. I truly enjoy teaching English as a Foreign Language. They are very strict, almost suffocating, in their rules. You have to be okay with contract status and follow their rules closely. I enjoy the job and the experience. It pays well and they treat teachers as the professionals we are.
Work day is finished by 9 in the morning.
Instructor (Current Employee) –  St. Paul, MNJanuary 1, 2018
The children are adorable, but getting up so early in the morning can be difficult. I like the fact that I don't have to prepare a lesson plan e.very day, and the testing is easy to administer
Great to work from home but gets lonely and hours can be rough
INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 11, 2017
Its been super helpful during a time that I needed to work from home but the job can get boring after a while. The pay isn't bad but there are no benefits and no paid time off.
Pros
work from anywhere
Cons
no benefits
good place to earn a little extra income
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Washington, DC virtualOctober 9, 2017
Good additional income for all teachers. Nice to set your own schedule. Poor coordination of employees needs concerns. Fair pay for the flexibility it offers.
Pros
make your own schedule
Cons
working hours