Virgin Galactic Employee Reviews

Great project and experience, but questionable security
Various Management Positions (Former Employee) –  Mojave, CAJanuary 31, 2019
I have no regrets about working for TSC or Virgin Galactic, it is a terrific project and a terrific growth experience. However, both companies recently laid off a significant portion of the staff, and the future looks questionable, or at least less secure.
Has a group it was a great place to work for a lot of learning lotta knowledge
Composite Techniciany (Former Employee) –  Mojave CaliforniaJanuary 24, 2019
The company was great a lot of learning lessons the training was great it went into detail of everything they did the people were generous and help you out and support you hundred percent if not 110 to explain all things how we buildWe are one team and that was pretty good for a company to believe in us
Pros
They except who you are I wanted to give you better
Cons
You had to work a lot of hours
My time at TSC
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Mojave, CANovember 27, 2018
I very much enjoyed working at TSC. This position allowed me to work for a forward thinking company and work with some very professional recruiters. I enjoyed the team that I worked with as well.
Pros
Great people
Low Rate of Job Retention
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mojave, CANovember 7, 2018
It seems as if this company goes through a new round of engineers every year. The management seem to cycle even faster than that. It is obvious immediately that they are missing a certain devotion and loyalty that you get from many other aerospace companies. But if that's not a problem for you, it really is a nice company to work for.
Pros
Treats employees well, very smart people, lots of growth opportunities.
Cons
Fend for yourself mentality is rampant and inherently toxic.
Family culture
Spaceship 2 Assistant Crew Chief (Current Employee) –  Mojave, CASeptember 23, 2018
For the most part everyone looks out fr one another like a family but the culture can be to to relaxed promoting bad behavior. Most everyone there is focused on the success of the program and care about one another.
Pros
Team orientated
Cons
Culture to soft, promotes bad behavior with some individuals knowing they'll continue to get away with it.
Great Company
Electrical Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Mojave, CASeptember 17, 2018
Company is driven to meet schedules to get FAA approval. Great place to work. Free food and snacks. Team spirit Lots of work to be done. Very, very very nice.
A great place to temporarily work
Employee (Former Employee) –  Mojave, CAAugust 26, 2018
The pay is great, and it is a good place to work temporarily. The location is not ideal. Managers are constantly in meetings. There is a lot of fault blaming and backstabbing. The most enjoyable part of the job is the ability to see your hard work flying beyond the skies for just a brief moment.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
could be fun place to work
Composites Senior Stress Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mojave, CAAugust 13, 2018
no- it-all attitude and huge egos doesn't help for a good work environment. lack of data to perform work. good healthy eats. they
take good care of employee health.
Process improvement development skills
Accounts Payable Manager (Current Employee) –  Mojave, CAJuly 22, 2018
Start ups offer an opportunity to develop process improvement skills, project management, coaching, and building departmental relationships. These skills add value to your overall style of management.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
Ever changing work environment
Productive and fun workplace where they are making history
Composite Technician (Former Employee) –  Mojave, CAApril 16, 2018
I was a Composite Technician TSC was a great company to work for great benefits, lots of OT available but not mandatory, free dinner for 2nd shift, company parties were fun, manager was cool, A company I regret leaving.
Pros
pay, benefits, history in the making, cool managers
Cons
the location Mojave, Ca
Interesting place to work
Technical Writer (Current Employee) –  Mojave, CAApril 15, 2018
Good perks like dinner provided if you work late. Flexible work hours. Great project (we're building and testing spaceships!) No chance for advancement. Company doesn't typically give performance raises so you have to beg for one. Management will not respond to issues. Management hopes the problem will just go away.
Pros
Flexible work hours, nice people to work with
Cons
management could be alot better (not proactive, do not respond to problems)
Fast Paced work environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMFebruary 19, 2018
Lots of work to accomplish, relaxed work environment.
Open work office area makes it hard to concentrate due to the noise levels from the other employees.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Poor Management Structure, inexperienced in the type of industry they are working in.
Unrealistic Schedules, too many young enthusiastic know all individuals, management not supportive,
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mojave, CAJanuary 5, 2018
In theory this should be a great project, but in practice it's a good old boys network run by enthusiastic young individuals. Unrealistic deadlines, understaffed, product is deficient, management in denial of what needs to be done. Three people killed thus far in the development phase. That statement says it all.

A lot of $$ spent on this program, but cutting corners and lack of experienced persons thru most of the problem will most likely result in failure. The company is trying to fix these issues but it's too little too late.
Pros
A few nice people mixed with some intransigent arrogant individuals
Cons
The product doesn't cut the mustard
Competitive and Fast Pace Company
Procurement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CADecember 27, 2017
If you can be willing to dedicate a lot of time and can be self resourceful, then this is the company for you with a cool mission. My department was low on managerial direction, but other departments had more managerial input.
Greatest place to work!!
Production Technician/CNC Programmer and Operator (Former Employee) –  Mojave, CADecember 15, 2017
One the best places that I have ever worked. I left for a higher pay rate and truely. regret my decision! The culture and overall company are fantastic. Not to mention the benefits are thr best!!
exciting,tense,fast paced,competitive and cut-throat place to work
technician (Former Employee) –  Mojave, CADecember 10, 2017
The company has many cool projects and great ideas,but there are many egos that come with it. Most lower and middle management are young, egotistical, and cocky that love micro managing. There is a buddy system in place that can be difficult to navigate as far as advancement and employee status in the company. The benefits are excellent and there is plenty of work. The work ,at least at a technician level can be rigorous and heavily tasking,with lots of authoritive leads and supervisors ready to micro manage. It is a great place to develope skills and learn new ideas, but is not ,in my opinion a career in its present state. If you are a seasoned aerospace professional, find another place.
Pros
benefits, snacks, cool projects, history in the making
Cons
Mojave, too many egos, too many authoritive figures, advancement and hiring is rigged, pay could be better
If you were part of the click, it was a fun place to work
Electrical & Structural Integration Tech (Former Employee) –  Mojave, CANovember 3, 2017
Being that I was not from California I did not fit in and was treaded differently than everyone else. I was told before I started this job that it would last at lest three year's. I quit my job in Texas to move to California just for this job, they let me go after three months.
Pros
For working all the overtime the company would give free dinners
Cons
Management would lie just to cover themselves.
Inexperienced management
Technician (Former Employee) –  Mojave, CAOctober 27, 2017
From top to bottom of management is inexperienced, that just takes what could be a good place to being a disaster. Advancement is only for a select few. You better keep your thoughts and ideas for improvements to yourself or management will have no problem pushing you out the door.
Pros
food and drinks in break room
Cons
way too many to list
virgin
A&P Technician (Former Employee) –  Mojave, CASeptember 12, 2017
environment was unorganized , no structure, no department organization. lack of advancement. management was not effective or efficient in daily operations.
Productive and fulfilling best HR on the planet
Composite Technician II/Hybrid Rocket Technician (Former Employee) –  Mojave, CAAugust 29, 2017
This is a great place to work the only down side is the location. Management is outstanding and the atmosphere is great. Every day was fun and exciting sorry I ever left.
Pros
Ping Pong table free coffee and dinner if you work OT
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Virgin Galactic. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP35%
In the Top 35% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Virgin Galactic.

Powered by Comparably