Virgin Islands Port Authority Employee Reviews

Informative
Aviation Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas, LAMarch 10, 2019
I really enjoyed working at the Virgin Islands port Authority. The people where very friendly and welcoming. I learned a lot of skills. The breaks and the pay were good also.o
Pros
Informative
Cons
Summer job
very good environment to work In
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Saint Croix, VINovember 28, 2018
port authority is a very good place to work for staff there works as a team everyone helps out each other Job requirements basic computer skills typing using Microsoft word and Xl
Open door opportunities
Acting Controller (Current Employee) –  St Thomas, VIAugust 27, 2018
With a background of twenty-five years within the Semi-autonomous Agency, ones analytical and management capabilities have grown to accommodate the diverse responsibilities of teamwork, leadership role, communication and writing skills. These noted factors were sharpened and pronounced by opportunities that were presented in the various roles within the Government agency, especially in the areas of Accounting and Finance.
No the atmosphere and moral here is terrible
Administrative Officer (Former Employee) –  St Thomas, VIMay 3, 2018
I think that management needs to listen to their employees concerns and not shove changes down their face and not expect resistance due to the employees not receiving a raise in 3 yrs. but then more demands is made on them without concessions by the Port Authority.
Pros
Cons
no good healthcare
Internship
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  St Croix, VIApril 25, 2018
It was a paid summer internship for a two month period. I worked from 8-5, M-F in the office. A typical day consists of filing, answering the phone, and making ID badges.
port
Dock Master (Former Employee) –  St John, VIJanuary 25, 2018
I completed a report about vi port authority already. im not sure if this is a system glitch. it was an ok dept. long hours. poor management. but the team member got along for the most part
benefits
Cons
management
They do not care about employees.
NEDCTP Canine Handler/Trainer (Former Employee) –  St Thomas, VINovember 22, 2017
Employees are required to perform work outside of their assigned unit on an almost daily basis. Overtime pay is not paid in timely manner. Management places little or no value in employee input in regards to completing the mission, and treats employees like a number.
Procurement Specialist
Procurement Specialist (Current Employee) –  St Thomas, VINovember 9, 2017
I am a Procurement Specialist and a typical day would consist of be answering the phone processing Purchase Order, making payment and running reports. The workplace culture is friendly. The hardest part of my job is getting my coworkers to turn in their paper work to me in a timely manner. The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with vendors.
Fun place to work
Parking Lot Attendant (Former Employee) –  Marine DivisionSeptember 4, 2017
Overall working at the Port was nice . If you like helping customers then this is the job for you . you are able to assist tourists with local information. Tourism is all of us
Productive and Very Friendly Coworkers .
Engineering Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  Kingshill, VIMay 14, 2017
Working as an Engineer for the Virgin Islands Port Authority's Engineering Department was a great experience. The supervisors were nice and I was able to learn how business side of engineering works. On a typical day, ongoing project sites may be visited and observed to see how things are progressing, multiple meetings may be attended, and future projects would be discussed
Great employee Benifits
Administrative Officer (Former Employee) –  St Thomas, VIJune 20, 2016
It was a 9-5 job and there was much that I learned in the Property Management office. Management was not into training. The customer service skills needs improvement.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Lack of training
Productive and manageable place to work.
Summer Assistant (Former Employee) –  St Thomas, VIMay 10, 2016
My typical day on the job was quit fantastic. I get to meet new people. I got to learn new stuff in the different departments as i work there. I got to see somewhat how everybody job is being done. I love my co-workers. I had the best set of co-workers ever. I make sure that i take on everything that they show me. My hardest part of the job was leaving to me everything that they ask me to do i was able to do it but, i was very sad to leave my job. The most enjoyable part of my job was having parties for employees and going out to lunch with other employees and of course having conference calls. But most of all the job opportunity was great and very successful.
Welcoming work environment
Accounting Intern (Former Employee) –  St Thomas, VIMay 10, 2016
This work place made me feel excited everyday to go to work, typical day was gathering documents in Excel to generate fiscal budget. I've learned something new everyday which made me feel like I was getting something out of my internship. I worked hand in hand with the CFO, Accounting Manager, and Head Accountant to understand the breakdown needed for the agencies budget. My co workers was very welcoming and was good team players which made the job easier. The hardest part of my job was feeling like I would get shut down if I stated my opinion. The most enjoyable part of the day was learning and knowing different aspects of individuals job.
Pros
Rewarded for work
Cons
Limited space
No Motivation
Administrative Secretary (Current Employee) –  St. Thomas VIApril 8, 2016
There is no job advancement here at this company, even for years of service and loyalty to the company. No communication among the Managers and co-workers. Sometimes just doing the same thing over every day, no spark, or enjoyment.
Cons
No break, privacy for lunch, no communication
Productive work place.
Law Enforcement Officer (Former Employee) –  United States Virgins IslandsJuly 2, 2014
Being a police officer is one of the best jobs in the world. You have to keep an open mind because you will be expose to a lot.