Virgin Pulse

Virgin Pulse Employee Reviews

United States30 reviews
There are many opportunities within a very fast paced and ever changing environment. A leader in health and wellness providing large employers with proactive solutions to employee health care management.
The company is the antithesis of health and well-being. Upper management squeeze out as much as they can from middle management and below, treating them as if they are robots working a factory assembly line.
Which in a way it is an assembly line or cattle herd of members that are coached in a rapid, perfunctory manner.

While upper management line their pockets with secret bonuses and raises, they remainder of the company have all received salary cuts, pay raise freezes and removal of 401K matches.

And their solution to employee COVID burn out, MORE! More pressure to uptick the numbers, added job roles to your already overloaded schedule, and all for less pay.

Pros
None.
Cons
Salary cuts from a thriving company, Frankenstein software, toxic management and lack of direction and vision.
I loved working here. It was a great place with amazing employees and supportive management.
The pay was great, We had free food and events often. The company supported diversity and learning about each other’s culture. I can’t wait to go back
Cons
Virgin Pulse is the BEST COMPANY I’ve ever worked for! They really take care of their employees! It’s a fun environment and the job is super easy!!!!!
Despite being a wellness-focused company, Virgin Pulse is made up of many people who would gladly throw their fellow employees under the bus if it meant they could get a promotion or stay in the good graces of their manager. Very poor work culture.
Employers do not care about call center employees. All the cool benefits are only for employees on the 3rd and 4th floor. You literally can not leave your desk or you are in trouble. Everything is heavily monitored as far as Teams chats, emails, even your headset if it is not muted and you'll be in trouble if it is. Managers choose who they want to help with angry members. Very cliquey, fake work culture
Have worked in the call center talking with members of our clients on the corporate wellness plan. The management here is great. Open and transparent. Everyone is always friendly and welcoming to the new people coming in. I started out in a seasonal role in the call and was eventually hired on fulltime. I can wear my workout clothes to work. We take breaks often to walk around the walking track or do 2 minute drills. Lots of great happy hours, employee activities, etc. They really take care of their people. It's great to work for a place that is pleasant to work. Everyone works hard but has a good time doing it.
I am a business intelligence intern at a digital healthcare and well-being company. This experience has given me such clarity and exposure to my passion for business intelligence and data analytics. Also with my prior work Experience and educational skills, I think I a very good fit for the role. I want to grow and build my career with your company because I believe this is a very great platform for me to contribute to the company and learn so much from the amazing teams that you have.
The people at Virgin Pulse truly make coming in to work everyday a great experience. There is a closeness among team members that I have not experienced at other work places. Everyone is so encouraging and eager to help one another!
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Virgin Pulse?
Remote onsite coaching in 1:1 situations, telephonic or group coaching settings. Active member of corporate wellness team, develop content for programs and assist in event coordination.
Virgin Pulse is a good company to work, it didn't work out for me as my group and company were relocated to the Providence, RI headquarters. Although the company was fun the commute was just too long.
Pros
Free lunches, ping pong table, summer outing, holiday party, offsite sales meeting.
Cons
headquarter location, competition within the industry, high turnover
Great place to work with flexibility, positive work environment, and supportive culture. Ability to WFH 2 days/week. and Typical day at work is 95% on the phone as a telephonic health coach so you must be okay with speaking over the phone with members daily - average amount of appointments in a typical 8 hour workday can range between 16-32 calls/day.
There are a lot of good people to work with at Virgin Pulse but management doesn't values the employees or thier time. The message of the company is about taking care of people but the company expects performance at any cost.
Not the best place to work, terrible culture . The environment is toxic and not a normal setting for business professionals seeking to gain leverage. Best to seek other employment opportunities.
Closely coordinated with product groups, business users to obtain requirements on data analytics, BI dashboards - Outlined analysis and insight reports by processing SQL scripts on AWS Redshift for JIRA tickets - Designed a data dictionary for the DSR team to capture data definitions with appropriate metadata information ensuring semantic interoperability - Automated reporting mechanism using Python to dynamically generate reports on daily, weekly, monthly basis - Optimized inefficient queries to improve performance by 20%, delivered 100% of all committed work for each sprint
Pros
great company mission, treat employees with respect, good ongoing training, not just a number
Cons
Cant think of any now...
I was there only as a contractor. great intelligent people. lots of good energy. they truly believe in what they are doing. very modern culture. highly technical.
How to Processor insurance claims. I was there on a temporary assignment. With the Judge Group nice place to work. Quiet place to work at. The company has ping pong table and healthy snack.
Leadership unavailable. More work than possible in day. No work life balance. Unknown career advance. Too much change over. Sprints over loaded. Poor communication.
Pros
Free snacks
Cons
Communication
You have to make sure you watch what you say even if you are not speaking to a member or about them. there seems to be a dictator type of management, even when management is in the wrong the other person will be punished in some manner.
I loved my job at Virgin Pulse and cannot explain how great my time with the company was. Definitely recommend this employer to any of my friends or family!