Virginia Beach Community Development Corporation

Virginia Beach Community Development Corporation Employee Reviews

United States13 reviews
Great mission
Great mission to help those in need of housing stability. Work can be stressful, but coworkers are supportive which makes the tasks at hand tolerable.
The position is rewarding.
Great job working with Veterans and Families.Management is fair. The company has many other investments in other cities & states causing termination.
On call is the worst. The tenenats know there ac or other problems are broken all day. They call at 4 pm and dont stop. They will xall at 2am
The CEO got busted for embezzling 4 months after I left. How its going now I dont know. Section 8 housing. Company is not open to new ideas. Now the track you and call you constantly. Over micromanaged
Great Company
This company has flexible hours and allows employees the opportunity to change schedules in order to accommodate work and personal life. On a regular basis the company requests feedback from employees. Also the management team is willing to make changes to corporate policy based on feedback. Bonus!!! opportunities for career growth and advancement.
Awesome place to work!
Great mission, it's nice to be a part of an organization that's doing such good work. Wonderful opportunity to work with a dedicated group of passionate, intelligent people.
Pros
Work life balance is important in this organization. We have montly celebrations, service award event, a wellness team, annual family picnic, professional development opportunities, etc.
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
Quick-paced workplace
Second Act has a very close knit culture. The pace is quick and sometimes stressful but management stresses a healthy work life. There is lots of open communication between staff and management. At this job you work a lot in teams and are stretched in many different ways. I have gotten a variety of experience with many different areas within the organization. I would refer someone to work here. I think that there are opportunities for growth and management definitely encourages the professional development of the staff.
Pros
Benefits, Coworkers, Independent Management Style
Cons
Turnover
Great Place
Great place to work with awesome people, atmosphere and benefits.
I love serving our neighbors. The only issue is that we don't have enough donations to provide much needed housing in VB, but we are working on that,too.
Great work place, great staff, great collaboration
During my time at VBCDC, I had a wonderful experience. Working closely with the CEO and team opened my eyes to a successful team that gets the job done. I was blessed to have experienced such a great time at VBCDC.
Cons
N/a
Not a positive place to work, toxic environment.
The only thing this place has are good benefits. Management is horrible. Although they are constantly saying work and life balance is a priority, that is not the case. Too much work for one person and they expect you to do the work of two. Employees are constantly notifying management about feeling overwhelmed and they simply look the other way. Turnover is high. So, if you are just looking for a company with good benefits and don’t care about job security or being treated with no respect, this is the company for you.
Benefits
Cons
No job security and very bad management
Badly Managed
Would not recommend working here to anyone. No job security and lots of nepotism by the CEO

The houses are falling apart and they won't hire more maintenance.
Pros
Coworkers
Good Benefits. Poorly managed starting from the top
This once was a well respected organization with a very professional staff. When the new CEO started so did the decline of this company. You do not want to work here.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
The management
Good people to work with
Large group of apartments, so work orders could be easy or complex depending on the tenants promblem. Did repairs on plumbling, electricity and carpentry. Enjoyed the diversity of the job.
Pros
diversity
Cons
low pay
Micro Managed and No security
Beware of this employer. Micro managed to an entirely new level. Company is very shaky and there is no support. The reputation of this business is not favorable.

Be very careful. It is not what is seems on the outside. The properties are trashed and they can't spend any money to fix them. They are all falling apart. The COO is a nightmare to work for.
Pros
Not one I can think of.
Cons
Micro managed, unrealistic deadlines, no support or training
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Virginia Beach Community Development Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8