Virginia College Employee Reviews

N/a
Lead Admission Associate (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSMarch 20, 2019
Company closed/ it was a great place to work. I loved the culture, just the ability to help prospective students. The most enjoyable part of my day was helping others to reach their goals.
Pros
Company closed
Cons
Company closed
They closed the school!
Career Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAMarch 19, 2019
Good intentions to help people further their careers, but poor management led to the closing of the schools. Everybody there would bend over tp help a student!
Pros
wonderful staff
Cons
pitiful leadership
The college was not ran very well
Criminal Justice Instructor (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMarch 18, 2019
My dean of criminal justice was the reason I was there in first place and the reason why I stayed as long as did. The facility was nice but ran horribly.
Productive and Manager great
Structural Welder/Welding Instructor (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALMarch 13, 2019
The staff could not have been nicer. Enjoyed working with the students in the welding field. Glad that i played apart in there career choice they made. Director was very good an knowledgeable about what he was doing. For the most part miss my students and staff.
Pros
Welding School was Great
Cons
Sad the students and staff had to go through what they did.
Stressful
STUDENT FINANCE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMarch 8, 2019
This job is very stressful. They do not support they're employee. High expectations with no plans and very unorganized. I wouldn't recommend this job to anyone!
Pros
good work eviorment
Cons
poor management
Best job I've had.
Adjunct Cosmetology Instructor (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 5, 2019
Best place I've ever worked. Pay was great and management was very flexible. I'm still sad they closed. If enrollment was better, I would definitely work there again.
Pros
Pay and flexibility
Cons
Responsible for finding prospects
My Review of Virginia College
College Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALFebruary 27, 2019
A typical day at work was calling leads that were generated by internet or walk-ins, interview face to face, tour college, prepare enrollment process with info about financial aid and also following up daily on prospective students. Management was constantly changing, however...I was able to adjust regardless of who was in management position. We were a very professional environment and handled things in a professional manner at all times. The most enjoyable part of my day is when I see that I made a difference in a student's life either by them starting school the first day or when I see them walk across the stage and graduate. The hardest part about my job at Virginia College is when we slowly seen our company struggle thru legal issues until it eventually closed down in December 2018.
Pros
Free lunch served when the team made goals, great co-workers and mangers
Cons
bad health insurance
Va College
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 11, 2019
I enjoyed my time at VA College and feel that they had a lot to offer their students. Corporate leadership was the problem. Or lack of leadership brought about the demise of the company!
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
For profit education
At the peak Virginia College would have had a 5 star rating from me.
MBC Program Director (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LAFebruary 5, 2019
Before the acquisition of several schools in the last couple of years VC was a wonderful school to work at as well as to attend. There were many changes very suddenly and the market nor the corporation could withstand the changes.
Cons
Schools all closed suddenly 12/07/2018.
No longer in business
Student Finance Director (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXFebruary 1, 2019
Virginia College's corporate parent Education Corporation of America mismanaged the company, and it is no longer in business. Our particular school was fantastic and a benefit to our students.
Productive and fun workplace
Program Director (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJanuary 28, 2019
Virginia College was a great place to work for individuals who were purposed in higher education. The only con for Virginia College is the management at the corporate level.
Pros
Campus Level Management/Students
Cons
Corporate Management
Work place
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJanuary 25, 2019
It just really was not a good experience working there. It put me in a really bad finance hardship and I had to find another job or I would have lost my home and car.
it was a mixed bag
Student Finance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJanuary 24, 2019
the College is now closed. However, while I was there (14 years), it was a love hate relationship. At the campus level it was amazing. We all worked to together and they were truly a second family. I also had many friends at the corporate level. However, through my tenure there, the college went through several restructures where people were laid off without warning. Also, at the highest levels of corporate, in my opinion, they lost the company vision and started to devalue the employees
Pros
Great at the campus, everyone cared for the students and each other
Cons
Employees were not valued at the corporate level
Adjunct Instuctor Medical Office Billing
Adjunct Instructor, Health Sciences Department (Former Employee) –  Homework,AlJanuary 23, 2019
Adjunct part time instructor teaching basic medical office procedures and billing techniques regarding different payers. Classroom setting very relaxed and cozy for the students. The hardest part of the job was the syllabus planning and nightly reviewing of material. The enjoyable part was seeing my students employed at The Kirklin Clinic.
Pros
Teaching college kids
Cons
No one likes pop quizzes
Culinary Program
Chef (Former Employee) –  Culinary ProgramJanuary 22, 2019
It was good program, could have been great! I felt like they could have taught more or gave me more opportunities to show and my culinary skill set. Would recommend to future students.
Campus Closed Due to Corporate Mismanagement
Director of Career Development (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJanuary 21, 2019
This institution closed its doors due to corporate mismanagement. Ecotech Institute was my campus that employed many fine professionals. The mission of Ecotech was inspiring and focused. The corporate owners of this college did not align with Ecotech's mission. They were remote and lacked knowledge in what our day-to-day operations demanded. In the end, they acrued $47 million in debt, so our accrediting agency pulled its support
Fun working with the instructors
Help Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 20, 2019
I have a hobbyist’s passion and curiosity when it comes to technology. Working hello desk at a college is one of the best ways to gain professional knowledge. Computers are were my passion is. In addition to continually reading about technology online, at home for fun, I would install the latest operating systems, try to connect old Linux vr boxes and PCs on the same local area network, and so on. I was able to amass this incredible body of knowledge because he loved to play with it, make it work, break it, and start over. This allowed me to compare my technical skills with the skills in the job descriptions. This understanding will help me discover my technical strengths and weaknesses. Plus it was a pleasure assisting teachers and instructors with PC issues.
Pros
Experiencing new innovation and theories in technology
Cons
Good pay and fun co-workers but closed all campuses abruptly
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 20, 2019
A typical day at Virginia College consisted of sitting at my desk all day making phone call after phone call. The idea is to get someone on the phone and see if they are a good candidate for attending school and then having them come to the school to enroll. I developed a thicker skin while there which is necessary in order to survive the competition and pressure. Unfortunately the management was insufficient in terms of getting the reps excited about their job and providing a work culture that was supportive. The hardest part of the job was making my number and the unfairness of how leads were distributed (management). The most enjoyable part of working for VC was interacting with my co-workers who were quite colorful and talented. Virginia College closed all of its campuses December 5th without any notice or severance pay.
Pros
Pay well, fun co-workers
Cons
Poor benefits, poor work culture
wonderful school but now it is closed
Adjunct Instructor-pharmacy Technician Program (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJanuary 18, 2019
sad to see such a good school close. I loved the job, the staff and the students. I already miss the school and teaching and hope to find another job in the same field.
N/a
Senior Program Director (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 14, 2019
I was with the company for 17 years. I enjoyed my working for the company. I was the Senior program Director over the Allied Health Department. We were responsible for preparing Medical Assistants for the workforce.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Virginia College. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight