Virginia College Employee Reviews

Bipolar
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  AustinMay 17, 2018
The administrators would inturrupt classes / lectures to have "cheer day" or ""spirit day" or to meet with the financial aide department. Basically, learning is joke here. Administrators are lack credibility. It is a scam and waste of money for students.
Dont do it..Augusta Campus is terrible
Career Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAMay 16, 2018
Dont work here..they are unethical and unstructured with a high turnover . Talked about students, harassed grad students with daily phone calls, and called them a Hot mess
Downhill
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 16, 2018
When I first started at VC the culture, management and employee value were amazing. For the first two years it was the best employment experience of my life. Then there were major shifts on the corporate level and everything went downhill. Employees were mistreated and let go for no reason, never saw a raise, and ethical and legal boundaries were skirted. I would not recommend anyone work here, at least at the Baton Rouge campus. I haven't experienced any of the other campuses but from my dealings I would say the same situation exists everywhere.
Poor environment
Pharmacy Technician Program Director (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSMay 15, 2018
The people on the campus level are great and caring people who are focused on the students. However the corporate environment is centered only around money.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Only focused on money
Interesting place to work.
ADJUNCT INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCMay 12, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job was when a student became excited when a skill was accomplished. The hardest part of the job was to overcome students' preconceived ideas about the curriculum. The workplace culture was very laid-back.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere.
Cons
Mentorship needed for new instructors to become acclimated to the workplace.
Good People/Good Students
Financial Aid Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bossier City, LAMay 9, 2018
I work with on average 200 + students. The best part of my job is them. They give us our reason to come to work and to try our best every day. Yes some students are not as grateful as others, however, it is the ones who need you that make the hard days mean something.

The people I work with are amazing as well. We do truly have a family/team mind and it shows. We support each other, help each other, and keep each other on track. It is good to like your work family and enjoy their company.
Pros
Great people and students
Cons
Benefits/ever changing
Great place
Student Finance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 7, 2018
VC is a great place to work if you enjoy fast pace environment. I have worked here for about 8 years and enjoyed making a difference in people's lives.
A rewarding experience to help other people learn.
Adjunct Instructor(Pharmacy Technician Curriculum) (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCMay 7, 2018
I felt like just because one campus was in trouble, the other ones should not have to suffer. I wished they had more full time positions for more daytime positions.
Pros
I loved opportunity of helping adults young and old learn new things.
Cons
I hated that most students were stressed about the tuition rate.
Good company - poor management
Program Director - Network Technician Program (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 30, 2018
As a program director I was judge more in student attendance than job performance. With a small enrollment program like Network Tech, when a couple adults did not show, attendance suffered i.e. my job performance suffered.
Good company
Campus Controller (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSApril 28, 2018
I enjoyed my time working with Virginia College. I had the opportunity to work in many areas while employed here. I was involved in updating inventory procedures.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Lot of stress within the department
Military Student Specialist (Current Employee) –  Homewood, ALApril 23, 2018
Virginia College Accreditation issues has caused stress in a lot of other departments and has caused them to have massive lay offs and reductions in employees.
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
Poor Management
The Dean is terrible
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAApril 12, 2018
The Dean literally runs good people off. She doesn't provide any assistance, she is very critical on reviews, and she is very confrontational to staff and the students.
MEDICAL ASSISTANT PROGRAM DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 11, 2018
I was teaching 6 classes a day and having health fairs on weekend. Was in charge of 200 students and mentoring other medical instructors. I enjoyed working there as was a great school for the students.
Great place to work.
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNApril 10, 2018
It is a ok place to work. Management could use some work. They hire you in as full time and you can find your job description going way beyond a typical 40 hour week long.
Fun and memorable work
Cosmetology Dispensary Clerk (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAApril 10, 2018
Got to mingle with other program directors, and what made it even better we even got the opportunity to get our beauty services while during work hours!
Very engaging and relaxed place to work
Adjunct Instructor Pharmacy Technician School (Current Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLApril 9, 2018
Very engaging and relaxed place to work. Easy learning environment and there are opportunities for advancement. Friendly working environment and clean school
Learning environment
Student (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAApril 2, 2018
Virginia college is a good learning environment...They help you with outside of school issues. They have very nice instructors..it feels like home thier.
Pros
Having your own teacher depending on class size
Enjoyed virginia college
SURGICAL TECHNOLOGY INSTRUCTOR (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLApril 2, 2018
I teach 4 to 5 classes at virginia college. I teach the clinical extern students, as well as the specialty classes. I also teach all of the lab classes.
Pros
Love teaching
Cons
Cannot work with new changes til 1030pm.
It was a pleasant location and facility and coworkers were professional and supportive.
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMarch 28, 2018
The school facility was pleasant and supportive of student activities, the staff attentive to student needs. Communication between management team and staff was very good and multiple opportunities were provided for training and professional development.
Pros
Professional development opportunities provided, good communication between departments, pleasant atmosphere conducive to student learning.
N/a
Admissions Associate/Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 28, 2018
I don't recommend this place for employment for anyone with a conscience or a heart for people. Your job is to convince people to go into an overwhelming amount of debt to pursue a degree that is grossly overpriced! Along the way the student is getting credit hours that more than likely will not transfer to another university.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Virginia College. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.2

2.3Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

1.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight