Virginia College Employee Reviews

Loved the staff I worked with
Other (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 11, 2018
The campus was a great pace to work, however, poor management at the corporate level caused the fall of the company and the loss of many jobs. Sad that corporate did not stand behind their motto "student first"
Love the college
Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALDecember 10, 2018
Layed back, friendly, nice environment, very diverse in culture, I enjoyed working with people and helping out as much as I can. I enjoyed my time there.
Workplace
Medical Assistant Full Time Instructor (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LADecember 10, 2018
When first started at VC it was pleasant then it became more about politics. And less about student more of just get them in and don't care about well being
I enjoyed my time working at Virginia Coillege
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALDecember 9, 2018
When I was employed at Virginia College, the company was small and going through a decent period of growth. I felt good working there and I believed my hard work was helping to improve the lives and careers of our students.
Productive co-worker and staff-and students
Elite Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GADecember 9, 2018
Virginia College has been a until it's company closure. The students was excellent, the staff was excellent, my co-workers were excellent up to now!!
Pros
Pay, hours, company, students, were excellent
Cons
Company Closure
Horrible
Admission Representative (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GADecember 7, 2018
Wasn't worth it. The school closed down leaving many employees jobless and many students devastated without a degree or certification. The company sucks
The Hardest Part of the job
Career Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSDecember 7, 2018
I worked in Career Development - we had 2 of us in the department we worked hard to place our graduates! Management was great my department had a great Manager.
Pros
It was a great company at one time!
Cons
We closed on 12/5/18.
I enjoyed the staff I worked with
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GADecember 6, 2018
This was a great place to work for and supervisors so very supportive. I would have continued working here if the campus remained open. The culture was the best, and it was very rewarding.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Corperate
Great at the campus level, horrible at the corporate level
Regional Librarian (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCDecember 6, 2018
Virginia College/Education Corporation of America is a funny hybrid of good and bad. The financial mismanagement is probably criminal, but t99% of the faculty and staff (at least at the two locations I dealt with face to face) were top-notch.
Pros
Great people in my department
Cons
Horrible corporate leadership
My Job
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALDecember 6, 2018
A Team of great people working together to get the job done and provide what the students needed in order to obtain their degree. Customer service and available for the student daily.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
turnover
Gone to soon
Culinary Instructor (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LADecember 5, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Virginia College but the whole company closed. The students i got to teach where incredible and I hope I made a difference in there lives as well
Pros
got them change people lives
Cons
they closed
Great campus atmosphere.
Program Director, Information Technology (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GADecember 5, 2018
Each member of the academic team is capable and competent. The student body is composed of a mix of career changers, first-time job seekers, and life-long learners.
Great environment to work and great people
Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCDecember 3, 2018
Great College to work for and proud to spent my time there. The mission and vision is focused on our potential and current students. The management team really cares about the outcomes, especially once they graduate. I had to relocate because of my family and the reason of my departure. I would work for them if the right opportunity presented itself.
Pros
Great Environment
Every year got worse as per employee and students
Medical Assistance Instructor (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALDecember 2, 2018
Management and turn over for staff was awful . Students were always given untruths by admission and financial aid dot, which created a hostile learning environment for them and the instructor.
Pros
Students I loved
Cons
You never knew when your job would be eliminated
joke
Student Services (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GANovember 28, 2018
As a student or an employee do not waste your money here. They only care about numbers and money. If you don't let students pass then you fail and are fired or at least do not get to renew your contract.
Run!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 26, 2018
The company is crumbling to the ground and the management is dumping their workload onto lower employees. Working here is such a joke. Having the lowest paid employee as a "manager" because the rest of the management team is too lazy to stay at night until classes end and getting ZERO compensation for being responsible for the students that are here at night. If you have any self respect, you won't fall into the trap of working for this place. Thankfully, by the looks of ECA as a whole, this "school" won't be around much longer to sucker anyone else in.
Pros
Cons
Literally everything about this place
instructor
Masaage Therapy Instructor (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 16, 2018
I enjoyed my students most of all. They enjoyed the Program and I enjoyed teaching them. The staff was OK. And the environment overall was a healthy one. Staff relationships could have been better. I really don't have anything else to say about this company. I'm only working more because this review is requesting me to do so.
There was nothing too hard about the job..and I again enjoyed the students most of all
Pros
Student camraderie
Cons
fickle environment
fun
Student Hairstylist (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCNovember 13, 2018
On a daily basis we would have to clock in and set up our stations. On Monday we would have class work then test will follow. The rest of the week we would be on the floor doing clients or working on our mannequins.
Good Place to Work
Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  SCNovember 13, 2018
I enjoy working at VC, I enjoy working with the faculty and staff. The hardest part of the job is effective communication with upper management. The most enjoyable part was making a difference in student lives each and every day.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Corporate changes without communication
Virginia College, Birmingham AL - Work Study
President of ProTech Computer Club / Work Study (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 12, 2018
As a work study student I was given the opportunity to work in an environment that was somewhat fast paced and it gave me insight into the IT workings of my college.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Virginia College. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight