Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries Employee Reviews in Richmond, VA

n/a
License Specialist/Customer Service Representive (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 5, 2017
 Research required information using available resources
 Answer phones, respond to various inquiries, and enforce quality customer service standards
 Help achieve organizational goals and communicate effectively with customer to resolve issues
 Work collaboratively with team members
Fiscal Technician (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 30, 2017
Great place to work. Co-workers always willing to help. Great location. Additional training was always available to encourage you to move forward in the Department.
Very good organization.
Boating Registration Technician (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 12, 2017
If I had the opportunity and lived closer, I would jump at the chance to return to this job. Hours were normally 40-hours a week. I was given training in aspects that helped me perform my job better. In our area, the management was awesome. They had open door policies so we could discuss any issues we were having and addressed problems that may have come about. My co-workers were great for the most part. There were a few from time to time that made the job difficult on some days. Hardest part of the job was slow days during the down time of the year. Most enjoyable part was getting the recognition when you did a good job.
Pros
Management; pay
Cons
The drive to and from work
Please see below.
Program Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 27, 2015
My job was great. I was never doing the same thing every day which kept it interesting. I got along with everyone I worked with, & liked most of the people that I worked with. It was a great adventure. Management could have been a little more 'hands on', meaning they should know what I do every day in my job, however, there were never any complaints about my promptness & accuracy on any job that I was ever working on.
Pros
Good employees & happy atmosphere.
Cons
Management was only about themselves. They were not concerned with anyone 'under management'.
Fun workplace
Intern (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 16, 2014
kept me busy of many projects that I enjoyed, enjoyed working with all of my co-workers, learned many thing as only being a intern
Work that protects our natural environment
GIS Technician (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 14, 2013
VADGIF provided me with the opportunity to intern with them whil I was in graduate school. The work was meaningful and the staff was extremely knowledgeable and easy to work with.
Pros
Occasional travel
Cons
Na