Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries Employee Review

View all Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries reviews

Easy
Deer Lymph Node Sampling Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Verona, VAApril 16, 2018
Simple and fun job, you're never bored. I only volunteered but had learned a lot and got some hands on experience. I would definitely volunteer with them again.

Other Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries Employee Reviews

Fun Summer Job
Aquatic Resource Technician (Former Employee) –  Marion, VAJuly 10, 2019
This was an awesome place to work for the summer. There's a lot of work outside and in remote rivers. I really enjoyed my time there and feel like I learned a lot.
Historically a good wildlife agency as compared to other states
Wildlife Biologist (Former Employee) –  Verona, VAMarch 14, 2019
Working for this agency has challenged me to think independently during my career. A benefit is the ability to work by myself on many occasions and to generally set my own schedule to accomplish tasks as needed. Flexibility is required for calls requiring immediate response , either during work hours or after hours/weekends. The biologists that I have worked with over the years have been recognized leaders in their field both regionally and nationally, which has added to my experience throughout the years.
Pros
Great people to work with, flexible scheduling within reason
Cons
Long term leadership in supervision has been lacking