A busy mom of two (a 9-month old and 3 year old no less!), Kelly Jones, Assistant Patient Care Director, has mastered the art of work-life balance. See what brought her to Virginia Hospital Center — and why she’s made it her home!
Meet more of the Real Nurses of VHC here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLRWaU_nWeuc3SOzmKlGhEmYHX7kUiqga9
At Virginia Hospital Center, we are committed to being both the best Health System and the best workplace in the Washington, DC metro area. VHC has provided exceptional medical services to the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area for 75 years and was named a 2018 Top Teaching Hospital by The Leapfrog Group and one of America’s 100 Top Hospitals® and 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals® by Truven Health Analytics.
See Why Virginia Hospital Center Was Named a Top 150 Place to Work in Healthcare
• Designated a Magnet® hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center
• Exceptional benefits package, including competitive pay, flexible schedules, tuition reimbursement and 100% medical coverage in our facility
• Proud Member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network, giving our patients and staff access to Mayo expertise close to home, at no additional cost
• Named one of the 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare by Becker's Hospital Review | 2018
• Selected as a Leapfrog Top Hospital | 2015 | 2016
• Named Top Hospital for Nurses in Virginia by Nurse.org | 2017
• Named one of America’s 100 Top Hospitals® and 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals® by Truven Analytics • Independent Hospital with a collaborative approach to patient care
• Rated Top Hospital for Patient Experience by Healthgrades
• AARP Employee Pledge Signer
• Incredible growth opportunities, with clinical development ladders and leadership mentorship programs
Get a behind-the-scenes look on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram: @LifeAtVHC
Becker's Hospital Review has recognized Virginia Hospital Center as one of the "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare 2018." The list highlights hospitals, health systems and healthcare companies around the country that promote workforce diversity, employee engagement and professional growth. Virginia Hospital Center is the only hospital in the metropolitan Washington, DC, region to make the list.
Virginia Hospital Center is a proud signer of the American Association of Retired Persons (AARP) Employer Pledge, a national effort to connect employers with job seekers who are over 50. The more than 460 companies that have joined the program aligned themselves with a number of beliefs and principles: equal opportunity for all workers, regardless of age; the belief that workers aged 50 and up should have a level playing field in their ability to compete for and obtain job; and the belief that a diverse workforce has long been key to the company’s success.
Virginia Hospital Center is a 394-bed not-for-profit teaching facility with multiple, independently recognized Centers of Excellence including: Cardiology & Cardiovascular Surgery, The Reinsch Pierce Family Center for Breast Health, The Hitt Family Center for Radiation Oncology, Neuroscience/Stroke, Oncology, Orthopedics (Total Joint Replacement Services), Palliative Care, Advanced Inpatient Diabetes Program, Inpatient Rehabilitation, Wound Healing & Hyperbaric Medicine, Emergency Services, Women & Infant Health and Urology. – less