Virginia Hospital Center Employee Reviews

unable to give accurate assessment
Epic Training Analyst (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJune 18, 2018
unable to give accurate assessment; I was only there on a contracted biases. I made efforts to remain and offer further improvement with my role but was refuses.
The best place I have ever worked so far!
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAJune 8, 2018
I relocated from to the DMV area six years ago and when I interviewed in VHC, I fell in love with it. I love working here! In my department (Interventional Radiology), a typical day starts with a huddle and then a team consisting of a Technologist, RN and Doctor is assigned to a room. Several invasive interesting procedures are performed daily and its all about quality patient care and excellent team work here! The management is very flexible and accommodating. My colleagues are amazing and I can confidently say that we can get through a difficult day with ease because of the great team work here.
Great Place to Work
Systems Interface Analyst (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAMay 29, 2018
I enjoyed working at VHC very much. Management takes the time to understand impediments to your job and try to make the proper adjustments. Very good people working there.
Terrible Management
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAMay 21, 2018
Util they change the overall management culture at Virginia Hospital Center ( good ol"boy network) i would not recommend working there especially in the Security Dept.
Floor Technician (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAMay 15, 2018
Managers need diversity training

hardest part of the job is to come into work receive your paycheck and not be told your salary has changed due to job functions - even though you were filling in for someone else's functions for a while (backfill)

workplace culture is difficult if you are of a different nationality
there is a language barrier

management seems to watch out for each other vs. being an advocate for the employees
Pros
Managers need diversity training
Cons
Managers need diversity training
Workplace Summary
LPN (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAMay 14, 2018
No 2 days are the same, which is excellent. This was my first job out of nursing school. This is the foundation of my nursing career. I learned everything from IV placement to giving blood transfusions. The workplace culture at night was better than daytime. The nurses helped and communicated with each other. The hardest part of the job is the fact that more paperwork was added. The most enjoyable part of job is interacting and caring for the patients.
Pros
Compensation great
Cons
Not able to change units
Na
Medical Laboratory Technician clinical (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAMay 5, 2018
I had a good clinical rotation in Virginia Hospital Center, the employee are very helpful answering your questions and they explain good. Overall it is positive environment.
fun workplace
Patient Care Assistant/Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAMay 3, 2018
I love working here, the people are great, its a great culture, but working as a tech the amount of money that's receive on our checks bi-weekly isn't up to speed with the cost of living.
Pros
great discounts
Cons
breaks are not really honored, constantly working
fine hospital
non invasive cardiovascvular (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAMay 2, 2018
I was a student during my trimester for non invasive. It only last three month. The lab manager didn't gave us student no attention. SO some co-worker were working so hard with us.
Heart station
EKG Technician (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAApril 23, 2018
I performed EKG throughout the entire hospital throughout the day as they were order by providers, I also assist cardiology doctors with daily stress test.
Aramark
Barista and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAApril 17, 2018
i was working with Aramark which is contracted with VHC. Aramark's management is very unorganized and unprofessional. I worked for two months without being paid. When finally compensate, it was less than it was suppose to be. Nothing was done on time, and everything was last minute
It is a fast pace enviroment with more opportunities.
Sterile Processing Technician II (Former Employee) –  United State of AmericaApril 15, 2018
Working at Virginia Hospital was a eye opener for me. Will continue to do my best and try to elevate my self as I go along.It is also a good hospital to work.
Pros
More encouragement and elevation of workers.
Cons
Breaks are miss used by works. Too much long breaks.
Very Friendly place to work
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAApril 5, 2018
Great Jobs available and room to switch departments.. Just not room to make more money. Management is ok, and healthy and clean environment. Food court is nice there is also a subway on site
I perfer not to provide any information about the company
Outpatient Coding Compliance Auditor Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAApril 5, 2018
I perfer not to provide any information about the company, CEO, nor the employees. This is a great hospital with excellent patient care. The medical staff is very professional.
Educational
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VA 22205March 19, 2018
I started out doing Clinicals here before I got hired to work Part time. I learned a lot about the Healthcare profession during that time. I was allowed to work in many departments which ultimately gave me a lot of experience.
Pros
Plenty experience
Cons
Not alot of pay
April 22, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience here at VHC. I'm happy to hear that you had the opportunity to work across multiple units and gain plenty of experience. Thank you for your time with us! If you'd ever like to discuss opportunities to return to Virginia Hospital Center, please feel free to reach out to me directly at lvansyckle@virginiahospitalcenter.com. -- Laura Van Syckle, Director of Recruitment

Working in the e.r. is very informative atompshere
Patient Access Specialist (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAMarch 19, 2018
I currently work in the emergency dept which is fasted pasted. Because of my love for what I do its makes my job meaningful. the hardest part of my job is getting emotional when certain situation arises such as death, elderly frightened and scared, patient who does speak English is also frightened. what I learn on a daily bases is to do the best I can for each patient which comes easy for me. Working in the er gives you a sense of family unity being that you spend more time here then @ home.
Pros
we have health fairs, yearly cookout
April 22, 2018

As a former nurse myself, I can certainly relate to the emotional element of your position. I know it can be tough, and we thank you for caring so much about our patients. If there's anything I can do to help you navigate that part of your job, please feel free to contact me directly at lvansyckle@virginiahospitalcenter.com to set up a time to talk. -- Laura Van Syckle, Director of Recruitment

Great employer
Emergency Department, Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAMarch 16, 2018
Virginia Hospital Center highly values its' nurses and patients alike. They are a magnet hospital and truly care about advancing their nurses' education and training.
April 22, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review our workplace. We love hearing that our team feels appreciated. As you may know, our goal is be not only the best hospital system in the DC metro area, but also the best workplace. Thank you for sharing this, and for being a part of our team! -- Melody Dickerson,
Senior Vice President & Chief Nursing Officer

VHC Physician Group
Patient Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAMarch 13, 2018
good pay at the beginning, Management doesn't know what they are doing. Dr's are amazing, Directors don't know what to do. Managers act like they don't have a spine
Pros
free lunch, amazing Doctors
April 22, 2018

Hi there - thank you for taking the time to share your experience! I'm happy to hear that you are enjoying your work with our doctors - we agree that they are incredible. I'd love to speak with you more about your concerns regarding management. Please feel free to reach out to me at lvansyckle@virginiahospitalcenter.com at any time to set up a time to discuss. Thank you for being a part of our team! -- Laura Van Syckle, Director of Recruitment

Pleasant work environment
Medical Coder (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAMarch 1, 2018
Loved the office environment, but after reorganization I worked from home full time for my last four years. I enjoyed my work, but little chance for advancement. The hardest part of the position was the repetitive work, but that is the nature of medical coding; I knew that and didn't really mind, but after 10 years it was time to retire!
Pros
Work environment, benefits
April 22, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review your workplace experience with us - and for your ten years of service! I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed the environment and our benefits package. Wishing you a wonderful retirement! -- Laura Van Syckle, Director of Recruitment

productive work experience
Oriented new RN to unit (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAFebruary 28, 2018
Positive values. Relaxed and productive atmosphere. Commitment to excellence. Open and honest communication. Cooperation, support, and empowerment. Sense of humor. Compassion, respect, and understanding. Flexibility work hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Virginia Hospital Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.5

2.6Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight