Virginia Premier Employee Reviews

Beware!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAJuly 20, 2019
Stay away...they have many issues. Mismanaged money. Favoritism promotions given without others have an opportunity to apply. Very sad to see the company run in the ground.
Exhausting
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJuly 15, 2019
No set hours. Some days you are asked to work at 4 AM. Other days at noon. Most of VP operations are catered to drug addiction. Methidone clinics, pain management.
Pros
Tuition assistance for family members
Cons
Long hours unaffordable health insurance with high deductible
Not worth the stress
Medical management (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 10, 2019
This company is a joke. The leadership team has no skills for their positions. Everyone has been given these positions because they are friends with one another. RUN. Take less money for a real company.

There is no promotion within the company. If there is it is based on friendships rather than skills and knowledge.
Fellow coworkers are great! Management sucks
Claims Call Quality Auditor (Former Employee) –  Premier, VAJuly 10, 2019
I worked at this company almost 2 years. Management is horrible! They are all back stabbers. Your team leads are better to deal with. HR the worst! in your time of need they really know I have your back. The team leaves supervisors are great they do majority of the work.
Benefits
Cons
They don't have your best interest
Outstanding team to work with
Transportation Manager - Western Region (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJuly 9, 2019
Days started early, ended late. Hectic daily schedule and priorities shifted constantly. Gained valuable experience and knowledge of medical transportation. Management was less than stellar with regards to taking care of employees. As with any workplace, worked with great people and some not so great. Hardest part of the job was the constantly shifting focus of upper management. Most enjoyable part were my outstanding team members.
Everyone should work there great job
NRC center 1519 williamsburgs rd (Former Employee) –  Premier, VAJune 27, 2019
Wonderful everyone should work for them great company great job for every one to work at very e should work there job training a must they give you all you need
Great place to begin a career in Healthcare Analytics
QDT Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 16, 2019
I started out as an Intern and I didn't have any working knowledge of healthcare insurance. With the help of knowledgeable coworkers and a work culture that encourages growth, I have become a respected analyst at the company. While I do not have a child of my own, I am continually feeld inspired by the fact that Virginia Premier has a bring your infant to work program for new parents.
Great Start
PROGRAM INTEGRITY ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Premier, VAJune 1, 2019
If you are trying to learn the healthcare business its a good start. You can feel your way around the healthcare field if you start here. The company is not very small.
Pros
flexible hours, work from home, infant at work paid holidays
Cons
Management could be better
Unethical and Condescending Organizations
Care Coordinator II (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMay 19, 2019
If you have a license to protect, please be mindful that this company is not the best place to work for. You put your license at risk. The supervisors and managers at the Chesapeake office are incompetent, over reactive, bullies, and unethical. Certain demographics of people are chosen for positions, which is unfair. All issues are directed to the licensed staff to handle no matter if it is not the particular department that you are assigned to. All departments work in silos. Communication is poor within the entire organization. The culture of the company is fake it until you make it. Do your research before you accept the offer. Do not accept being trapped into a sign on bonus.
Pros
Working remotely
Cons
Mind control
Poor direction
Service Authorization Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 17, 2019
This company is unorganized. They are far behind with their software systems. Everything has to be completed manually. Management is horrible. Too many supervisors and directors and not enough support staff.
Pros
Work from home option available. If you ever get the supervisor to fill it out.
Hardest part of the job
Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VA 24012May 16, 2019
You need to be able to adapt to constant change with all different systems all the time. It feels like every month something is changing. They try to help with the changes but some times you are blindsided as they don't have the answers that you need.
Good team work
Case Manager III (Current Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAApril 8, 2019
Company too top heavy. Ok benefits. Good opportunity for advancement. Pays well. Needs better training process. Good company to start from an administrative perspective. There is a lot of potential here, must get processes together.
Pros
Flexible schedule. Good work and home life
Cons
Healthcare, too topheavy
save yourself the trouble
Staff (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 2, 2019
there are so many challenges with this place. staff do not have the tools they need to manage member care effectively, very high case loads, poor reporting, manual productivity sheets, inconsistent training, bullying behavior by managers and HR, lack of follow up by HR, too many meetings, too many competing priorities, not enough staff for the work. We keep hearing the updates from leadership about more resources coming, but haven't seen it yet. this place promises you the moon and stars, but never deliver. what is most disturbing is all the new upper level positions that are coming but not enough worker bees to get the job done. it is very disappointing to see the potential if only there was better leadership and more strategy. not everything should be a priority especially when it interferes with patient care. i stay because i am attached to my members and colleagues, but it is getting harder to come to work everyday. so very sad.
Pros
infant at work, work from home, sign on bonus, fellow nurses
Cons
executive leadership, poor technology, too many manual processes, too top heavy, no rewards/recognition program, high case loads, cannibalistic culture
A nice place to work
Transportation Driver (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMarch 29, 2019
I enjoyed working for Virginia Premier, however, the hours were not stable and the pay did not compensate the inconvenience. Aside from the hours, it was a great place to work.
Pros
Working alone, weekdays only
Cons
unstable work schedule
Ok
QNXT Provider Data Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 13, 2019
Ok environment. Work hard, go to the next level.
It was fun while lasted. Nothing else to say. A lot of perks, peo people are nice and helpful. Home from is a great option.
March 29, 2019

We appreciate you recognizing the excellence in our employees and the benefits we offer, though I am sorry to hear you thought the environment was just okay. We aspire to be a five-star work environment and we are working every day to improve. We value your constructive feedback and will work to ensure that our culture and benefits are up to par. Again, we want to thank you for your time with Virginia Premier and best of luck in your future endeavors.–Vice President, Human Resources

Productive and fun place to work
QUALITY TEAM LEAD - POPULATION HEALTH (Current Employee) –  Premier, VAMarch 6, 2019
Benefits are great! Atmosphere is even better. Great leaders! Passionate about the population they serve. Rewarding job! Work from home options are available.
March 29, 2019

We are thrilled to hear about a positive experience from one of our employees. We are very passionate about the populations we serve, which makes working at Virginia Premier rewarding and fun. We pride ourselves on employing individuals who love to help others, which translates into our positive work environment, though we always welcome suggestions for improvement. Thank you once again for this review.–Vice President, Human Resources

Great people, compensation could be better
GRIEVANCE INTAKE COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAFebruary 25, 2019
The people are great, but I believe that the company grew too big, too fast. I believe that they low ball the employees salary wise. So the compensation does not match the tasks that you are to perform. The department that I worked in felt divided.
Pros
Great location, free parking, good benefits
Cons
Low compensation
March 29, 2019

Thank you for acknowledging our wonderful staff here at Virginia Premier. Their passion for helping others and making a positive impact in our communities allows us to grow and be successful as a company. Since Virginia Premier has doubled in size over the past two years, we have worked to implement structural changes to ensure we are able to keep up with the exceeding demands from our federal and state regulatory agencies. Additionally, we aim to be competitive in the marketplace in terms of compensation and benefits, so we participate in and conduct market research on a regular basis. We are sorry to hear that your department felt divided and do hope you brought up this concern to your manager as we do not condone division in the workplace. Thank you for your time with Virginia Premier and we wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors. – Vice President, Human Resources

Too many chiefs
Case manager (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAFebruary 13, 2019
Management overload. In meetings all day. They change paperwork or procedures so often a scoreboard is needed. Not enough workers. Jump into new projects without clear plan. Quick to hire outside companies instead of doing work themselves. Poor provider network. Some folks friendly. Some bullies remain even on manager level.
Pros
Benefits, salary
Cons
Management top heavy; too many changes; do not follow their own policies
February 19, 2019

First and foremost, bullies are not tolerated at Virginia Premier. I hope you addressed this with a manager or an HR staff member as this is concerning to hear as the VP of Human Resources. As an organization grows, there are bound to be growing pains. Although it is not clear when you left the organization, we recently announced a restructure due to our rapid growth. Our restructuring will address concerns regarding workload, positions, and staff needed to support these initiatives. –Vice President, Human Resources

Great place to work for
LPN (Current Employee) –  Ashburn, VAFebruary 9, 2019
Great place to work for! Friendly staff and the provider is amazing! It is a small practice but steadily growing. We value the patients that we have and do whatever we can to help the patients with management of their health.
Great place for the inexperienced to gain experience and leave!
Analyst III (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 2, 2019
Virginia Premier is a good place to gain experience in healthcare and leave for a better opportunity outside of the organization where you will have defined responsibilities, less stress, and more compensation. I would NOT recommend this company for those who are not recent graduates or already have experience in healthcare. I would NOT recommend the Claims department. Paid holidays and vacation are great. There is also an excellent program where you can bring your baby to work until he or she is 8 mos or crawling. Parents are granted a private office so the baby is not a distraction and another coworker has to be designated as a backup to care for the child. The organization is unorganized, top heavy and as a smaller company it tends to get personal and unprofessional. Issues with management’s unprofessionalism are not addressed effectively so it’s best to just leave the department or organization. Business areas are not collaborative and responsibilities and duties are never clearly defined. The workload is so heavy and can be very stressful and tedious as technology is very outdated. They continue to take on new business when current plans are problematic and not operating efficiently, creating more issues and work for already overworked employees. This also negatively impacts employee morale.Employees sometimes leave in high volumes, leaving knowledge and responsibility gaps. On a positive note, there is plenty opportunity for advancement if the promotion is worth the compensation (little to no internal wage negotiation) and additional responsibilities. Building relationships  more... within the organization is easy as people are friendly and more like a family at work. This organization will work you pass your limit. This will definitely prepare you to be able to handle ANYTHING at another organization.  less
Pros
Baby can come to work until 8 mos or crawling, Paid Holidays, Sick and Vacation Time, Career Advancement for Recent Graduates
Cons
Top Heavy, Unprofessional, Heavy Workload, Stress, Claims Dept, Compensation, Organization
February 19, 2019

You are absolutely right in saying Virginia Premier is a great place to gain experience and advancement. Additionally, thank you for recognizing our Infant at Work program, industry-leading benefits package and generous PTO. As mentioned in previous comments, we are restructuring our organization to address our “growing pains.” We expect these changes to improve our work efficiency, staffing, and technology. We’re excited for the future at Virginia Premier! –Vice President, Human Resources

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Virginia Premier. Our community is ready to answer.