Virginia Tire & Auto

Virginia Tire & Auto Employee Reviews in Ashburn, VA

You’re seeing reviews in Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA12 reviews
Found 12 reviews matching the search with 8 related reviews.
Fast paced but Fun atmosphere
Virginia Tire and Auto is a fast paced Oil and Tire shop that focuses on accuracy and speed. You are expected to show up on time and ready to work, and once you start working, your not going to stop till your lunch break. Coworkers make or break the days with good coworkers keeping work the workplace productive and fun at the same time. the most enjoyable parts of the job are the jokes you can tell while you work away.
Official response from Virginia Tire & Auto
December 5, 2019
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback! We understand that it can be stressful at times to work in our fast-paced environment, but we’re glad to know that our team made work enjoyable for you. That said, we’ll continue working hard to improve employee’s experiences and make Virginia Tire & Auto an even better place to work.
Steer clear of this car shop
Initially when first working here you were always expected to take care of the customer. Now you are always expected to try and sell them a credit card. The corporate office is detached from reality when it comes to the actual store employees that make them their money. Constantly changing policies and cutting budget and costs anywhere they can (I didn't know that there was a ply below 1 ply of toilet paper). It doesn't matter how much money you make the shop if you aren't meeting their flavor of the month goal then you are a failure of an employee in their eyes. Every single store is understaffed. Veteran employees are quitting or being fired left and right. Pay is terrible for this line of work (significantly below median). Everyone's job becomes your job since they can't staff a store. The CEO is a sociopath. He doesn't see you as a person just a number. If you are in a regular conversation he will flip the switch and start yelling and screaming out you for ridiculous things (marks on a wall, leaves in a shop in fall, stacked tires) and then the next second he is back to normal. If you NEED to get your foot in the door to the automotive world then sure give them a shot. If you are self respecting and see yourself as a human and not a robot then steer clear and find a different car shop. These are no longer any different than the shady car shops that you hear so much about.
Avoid Virginia credit card and auto
Started off good but the company is in transition and not in a good way, they are getting rid of the service positions in place for a computer system, credit cards is all they care about, they pay employees for positive reviews on this site so don't be fooled with all these five stars, pay sucks, the owners are weird especially the husband who may have some mental disease, they promote terrible people to high positions like the new COO, they will say you're in the pipeline for a promotion as an excuse to not give you a raise, everyone is bailing on this company including people at the corporate office.
Official response from Virginia Tire & Auto
December 16, 2019
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on our company. We are very disappointed to hear about your concerns as they go against everything we stand for and strive to be.

To address a few of your concerns:

1) We are investing in our technology to allow our teams to focus more on value-added jobs, like building relationships with customers or working on vehicles and less on administrative work. We believe this will help our team members develop in their careers and gain more enjoyment from work.

2) Our VTA Credit Card and Loyalty Program provide a high level of value to our customers and we simply ask our team to provide this option to customers.

3) Our goal is to promote those who reflect our core values of being Professional, Genuine, Attentive and Forward-Thinking. We are focused on providing every team member with numerous opportunities for career development, but individuals who do not reflect our values may find it difficult to advance in their career at Virginia Tire & Auto.

We wish you the best of luck and appreciate your feedback.
Great company to work for with plenty of room for advancement.
If you are looking for a long term job opportunity, this is it! Virginia Tire and Auto really cares about their employee's growth and promotes their managers from within. I have been working at VTA for 12 years. I am currently working as a Store Manager in Ashburn...
competitive fun place to work
plethora of training tools to sharpen up tire and product knowledge. Supportive and helpful management, seems like plenty of opportunities to move up.
Pros
training tools, benefits, paid time off
Cons
none yet.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Great company
A great company to work for! Motivation is always provided to grow. The staff and training team is invested in the company. A lot of support from tam for training.
Pros
Team work
Clean, Friendly, and fast-paced workplace.
Virginia Tire and auto is very focused on customer service. They provide regular trainings in order for the workers to provide top quality customer service. I learned about providing extraordinary customer service, as well as providing a quality product or service.
Pros
Discounted services, Comfortable houurs
Cons
Stressful, Short Breaks
Some great people but poorly run
I worked with some very nice people here but the company as a whole is completely out of sync. Each store has different rules and half of the time, they aren't the company's rules. If you do one thing wrong because someone didn't teach you to do it, you get correctly very rudely. My manager used to watch us like a hawk and it actually gave me paranoia to the point I ended up quiting. If you manage to get a great manager and team, then it's worth it.
Pros
Great compensation, great people
Cons
Poorly run, no communication between stores, bad management
Great Place To Work
I can't think of many negative things to say about this company, the pay is fair, people are friendly, management listens and genuinely cares about the employees. I've worked a lot of places in the automotive industry and I can truly say this is by far the best run company that I've encountered in this business.
Pros
Competitive Compensation and Top Notch Management
Cons
Open Late
fun place and great events
there are so many events that they have and do and give out prizes to everyone. the company has good staff and employees as well.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Virginia Tire & Auto?
walking through desert without water
I asked to be off on my mothers birthday////the main store manager said ok/// the ceo said no/////hard to believe but true the store manager is very nice and honest man but the ceo is shifty for most employees they make life difficult so they dont have to pay your vacation///////they try and get rid of you by ten eleven months the store manger looks so grievedbut not the ceo/////he makes alot of money on those unused vacations! you wont make much money here dont waste your time//////
Pros
manager
Cons
derogatory remarks and lies from service writers
not good
dont work here. its like a japanese torture camp. favoritism no work you have to check out every oil change in hopes of getting a a paying job, the main manager not ceo is nice.