Virtua Employee Reviews

Virtua
Medical Abstractor (Former Employee) –  Marlton, NJJanuary 27, 2019
Working at Virtua's business building was great. The position I had was temporary through a contracting company, however there was plenty of room for overtime while working there. The managers were great and the full time permanent staff was extremely helpful and amazing to work with.
Was happy to leave
Support Services Courier-Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Marlton, NJJanuary 25, 2019
Mid-level and Senior management treat staff as numbers, not humans. Staff were given the option to "like it or leave it. Senior management would only speak with with staff because they had to.
Benefits
Cons
Lack of sincerity by management
Virtua is a great place to work
Technical Infrastructure Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Marlton, NJJanuary 19, 2019
I feel Virtua is the best place I have ever worked. My typical day I would have about 2-3 meetings and usually had time to focus on my projects. I had a great relationship with my manager and other employees in Virtua IS. Virtua has a family like sense to the company.
Pros
Great evironment, healthcare, and easy to get to in NJ
Cons
Not many holidays are recognized because a hospital is open 24/7
Review
Executive Assistant to EVP (Current Employee) –  Marlton, NJJanuary 18, 2019
Virtua has always been a great place to work until change of leadership. The caring culture has gone with the last CEO. It was an extremely great place to work and everyone was like a family to each other. That is no more and it saddens me because in the 18+ years that I have been an employee at Virtua, they don't care about their employees like they used to
Pros
Excellent Company
Cons
Management Sucks
Good employer
Patient Navigator (Former Employee) –  Marlton, NJJanuary 14, 2019
Virtua is a good employer. They are fair and offer tuition reimbursement. The medical benefits are very good, especially if you choose their doctors.
Pros
Tuition reimbursemet
Cons
Small raises
Good Place to Work
Director of Marketing (Current Employee) –  Marlton, NJJanuary 10, 2019
Virtua is a great place to work. It's the type of place where you can make a career. For many who work there, it's not just a job; it's a passion. Decent benefits.
Pros
Culture, Benefits
Great company
finance (Current Employee) –  Marlton, NJJanuary 8, 2019
Great company, just not what i was looking for in a career. Management is friendly and willing to work to help you out. However, after time in the position i realized this isn't where i wanted to be.
great place to work
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Voorhees, NJJanuary 6, 2019
great place to work. Ran well and paid well. I initally trained here and developed my skills as a new grad. Once I moved on, they offered me a per diem job
Excellent place to work
Communicator - EMT (Current Employee) –  Marlton, NJJanuary 5, 2019
Full and part time employees receive health benefits and tuition reimbursement along with Paid Time Off
12 hour shifts for medical personnel
Multiple locations
Pros
Work culture
Cons
Morale, work hours
Outreach Assitsnt (Current Employee) –  Voorhees, NJJanuary 2, 2019
This is great place to work.
Great people
Communication
Loyalty
Stressful environment
One to One Observer (Former Employee) –  Voorhees, NJDecember 28, 2018
I worked for Virtua for 7 yrs...I really loved my job because i was able to interact with different personalities on a daily (the patients)..I had over 5 different supervisors during the course of my employment..My last supervisor made all our work ethic very difficult..It was a perdiem position, so if you needed to call out, due to emergencie, the supervisor made it difficult...I miss my patients & the staff...We had a great relationships & work environment ( Nurses & Doctors)...
Pros
1.I loved taking care of the patients, 2.Me & the my Coworkers was great, 3.We worked together so we could give the patients the best experience, ever, 4.I will never forget the 7 years i spent at Virtua, 5.I learned alot during my time.
Cons
The management could have been much better, mananing the staff. I was assigned to different Virtua daily...
great company
Registered nurse (Former Employee) –  Voorhees, NJDecember 20, 2018
I was with Virtua for 14 years. I loved the people and the company.The hours were flexible and the management for the most part was very supportive. The mission was clear and it was very organized.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
12 hour shifts
Positive workplace
Environmental Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sewell, NJDecember 11, 2018
Virtua is a job I enjoy coming to. You get to build great relationships with your coworkers and members. The managers were fair. They give out a schedule a month in advance and work with you for your hours. The job isn't a stressful job. The hardest part is taking members complaints that you're unable to help with. The most enjoyable part is there is a lot of free time and you're in a happy environment.
Pros
Flexible work hours
good work environment
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Mt. Laurel, NJ, USDecember 10, 2018
Worked VMG for many years. Resigned to advance my career but it didn't work out. Steady work but no advancement in job classification. Staff work more as a team.
Pros
good work environment
Cons
no advancement in job classification
i will continue to grow with this organization career and through education
Office Assistant I (Current Employee) –  Voorhees, NJDecember 7, 2018
i am presently still working there .. i enjoy working in healthcare and working with people working with this company has given me the opportunity for professional growth and educational opprtunities. overall it is a great place to work
Pros
great job development
Cons
the day goes by so fast i love what i do providing great customer service
This was a great great place to work.
Accounts Receivable Representative (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJDecember 6, 2018
This was a great great place to work... I would love to work here again !!! Middle management was respectful and easy to work for. Friendly work environment....
When I worked there for about 16 years, we worked as a team.
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Voorhees, NJDecember 3, 2018
The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with patients and my co workers. All my supervisors were helpful when needed and listen to any concerns I may of had.
The hardest part of my job was getting blood from intensive care unit. Nursery was not quite as hard but just didn’t enjoy sticking their heels.
Pros
Free vouchers for food if we helped out to fill in when needed, or stay until another coworker could get to their position due to unforeseen circumstances.
too many chiefs
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Marlton, NJNovember 28, 2018
enjoyed both working in home care and hospital. Have not worked for co. in a number of years and I'm sure things have changed. Shifted more to company/star rating then pt centered care.
Neutral
MEDICAL SOCIAL WORKER (Former Employee) –  Mount Holly, NJNovember 26, 2018
I would rate my personal experience as neutral. It was a great place to acquire skills and learn hands on in the field. It also helped me to decide what career path I wanted to purse/ which I did not want to purse in my life going forward.
Work
Sales (Former Employee) –  Sewell, NJNovember 25, 2018
It was a part time job to take after college before finding a the right full time job. Minimal advancement opportunities. Lots of favoritism. You hit your ceiling quickly.