Virtua Employee Reviews

Very Busy PACU with critical patients
Staff Nurse Post Anesthesia Care Unit (Former Employee) –  Voorhees, NJAugust 16, 2018
I actually loved my job at virtua. I enjoyed my patients, never refused an assignment, took mandatory call and was often working many hours beyond my 10 hour shift. It was a great job and knowing I played a small part in the recovery and pain management of a patients road to recovery was very rewarding.

This was a very labor intensive job where nurses did everything from answering phones, transporting patients, to communicating with anesthesia. We were somewhat autonomous but the rules seem to change depending on the manager for that year. It was a very difficult place to work, there was a definite sense of unfairness where rules applied to some but not others.

I worked the busiest shift 11-2100 and was running till the end of the shift. The hardest part of the job was pushing huge beds a football length down carpeted halls. The most enjoyable part was helping patients and anesthesia trouble shoot difficult cases. Coming from a critical care backround I enjoyed the critical cases but I also enjoyed some of the more simple cases.

The workplace culture was not very pleasant. There was too much favoritism and hiring of so called "friends" by management. It seemed these nurses were qualified by whom they knew not by skills.

I would not go back to Virtua again. Having also been a patient there and having family members hospitalized there I have seen a decline in nursing and medical care. I hope they fine tune their issues and get back on track as it's a major medical facility in this part of the city.
Pros
nice doctors
Cons
Late breaks, long call hours, favoritism
Good summer internship
Ambulatory Services Intern (Former Employee) –  Sewell, NJAugust 12, 2018
This was a nice summer internship for young students. It gives some nice insight into the various different areas of medicine. It was nice to have that kind of exposure.
A typical day
PATIENT ACCESS REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Mount Holly, NJAugust 11, 2018
I go to my second home monday through friday. I enjoy my coworkers. Yes things are no perfect but I enjoy working for thr company. Many perks. We work hard and we party once a month.
Pros
2 Breaks and a lunch, Pto
More incentives needed
Food Service Attendant (Current Employee) –  Mount Holly, NJAugust 4, 2018
Overall very stressful. With limited options for advancement regardless of work habits and experience. Management has their preferred choosing regardless of experience or work ethics
Lack of work life balance
Registrar (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJAugust 3, 2018
Management in my dept would lock full timers into their shift and would not allow you to post to other positions. They would rather hire someone outside of the company with no experience than to promote internally. They would also hire candidates for per diem and part time so that benefits were not provided. Then when a full time position came available the part timers or per diem candidates were hired. Therefore, another reason how the full timers would not be hired for a new position.

There is very little room for advancement in my dept. and the job lacked work life balance. I would not recommend this dept for employment.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Lacks work life balance
Virtua was a wonderful fast paced work environment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Medford, NJAugust 2, 2018
Virtua was a great company to work for aside from lack of locations. I tried to be transferred but there was no openings hence I sadly had to withdraw from my position due to moving being and MA and meeting Virtua standards was a daily goal they truly admire and take care of each patient and their needs directly
Pros
Once a month we had thank you parties after work hours for everyone to come together
Not so good
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Mount Holly, NJAugust 2, 2018
My experience working as a dietary aide at Virtua was not a very good one. Management sucked and did not care much about the workers. HR was always on the side of management so complaints were pointless. It was a job for college students who needed money; not a career.
Productive, fun and great experience
Gina Cavelli, RN, MSN, Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  Marlton, NJ 08053August 1, 2018
Never short on things to learn, doctors are always willing to teach, patients very informative concerning their illness and past medical treatments. Staff very supportive of each other and work as a true team. Management very involved and supportive.
Pros
staff, coworkers, education, floating to other floors
Cons
medical benefits, work hours-can be too much or too little
CT/MRI TECH AIDE (Current Employee) –  Voorhees, NJJuly 31, 2018
I love working at Virtua. My boss is great and the people I work with are great. I just wish I had a part time or full time postion available to me. Love what I do.
Pros
Great environment to work in.
Cons
Need more permanent hours.
managed by fear
Inpatient Coder (Former Employee) –  Voorhees, NJJuly 30, 2018
the culture of the organization itself is caring, but my particular department was run by someone who managed by fear as their style. intimidation was used regularly whether by email or in person.
Pros
willing to hire those with little experience
Cons
management can be iffy.
Avoid; incompetent Administrative management
Director (Former Employee) –  South JerseyJuly 30, 2018
Overall, many good people at Virtua, and a very polished corporate like atmosphere. Excellent facilities and office centers. Impressive operation and affiliations. Great efforts to try developing staff at their nice learning center, with ample courses to chose from. Majority of staff and services on all levels are wonderful. BIG however; in many areas, the wrong Administrators were placed in charge of Departments where they knew nothing about that Departments' particular operation, not keen enough to recognize true skills, and too ignorant to realize realistic goals. Squeeze blood from all Departments, particularly nursing manpower. ED Department is an under-staffed zoo, a nightmare, with a revolving door of multiple managers failing to succeed at one of the campuses. On the other hand, unfairly Pro-nursing to the point where they deflect a nursing stumble, and blame other Departments when a nursing issue is encountered. Disgustingly allowed less competent and manipulative secondary managers to move up the ladder and into higher level positions, essentially rewarding failure, and not recognizing such lack of character. Had a knack for pushing the previous Director out by using a fabricated reason to create the vacancy to place a favored member in at less cost. Had itchy trigger fingers when terminating staff to save face. Left you pulling the hair out of your head in frustration with such stupidity, favoritism, and arrogance. Avoid this place and this environment.
Pros
Very nice staff colleagues overall, good pay competitiveness, great cafeteria.
Cons
not enough staff/manpower; squeeze departments
Great Experience working here
REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee) –  Mount Holly, NJJuly 29, 2018
Enjoyed working in this hospital. I have worked here for 18 years and have had the opportunity to advance my position. I enjoy my coworkers and the physicians are great to work with.
Good place to work!
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  new jerseyJuly 27, 2018
Overall Virtua has been a good place to work. Management needs to observe some of the behaviors in the department. Some employees do not do their fair share of work. There is bullying and favoritism in the workplace.
Great work place
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Voorhees, NJJuly 26, 2018
Great place to work at if you're someone who likes fast pace, and upbeat work. without a doubt i would recommend anyone to work here. The pay is great, and so in the environment
Busy busy busy
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Mt. Holly, NJJuly 24, 2018
I cant give any real comments about Virtua I only know that I come in an do my work and go home. Some of the people there are just unfriendly, but you can't blame Virtua for that. Overall I like it,
Professional imaging
CAT Scan/X-Ray Technologist (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJJuly 23, 2018
I learned a great deal at Virtua. I always worked very hard at Virtua. The job could be challenging and always kept you thinking and your skills sharp.
Pros
Join gym
Cons
needed full time employment
Productive work environment
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  United StatesJuly 22, 2018
I love working at Virtua. I work with a great team and my co workers are very helpful. The hospital is extremely big and very clean. I learned a lot working there and it’s such a beautiful place.
Great teamwork. Communication is open
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Mount Holly, NJJuly 21, 2018
Recognition of employee job well done. Managers/supervisors always available to help hands on. Teamwork amongst all employees in all departments. Administration always available and present
Supporting Clinicians
Application Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Mt. Laurel, NJJuly 18, 2018
My days are normally very busy and consistent. I support our 200 plus clinicians with our EMR in addition to the equipment they use for documentation including laptops and Cell phones. Also support the office staff as well. Monitor and create necessary tickets with our IT ticketing system.
friendly peers to work with
Surgical Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Marlton, NJJuly 16, 2018
The most enjoyable is being able to engage with our customers weather it be Surgeon's office, patients. I learned how to be able to multitask during my day at work. A typical day at work consist of answering phones, data entry, and review reports in a detailed manner