Visa Employee Reviews

General Info
Web Engineer/Architect/Technical Manager (Current Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COApril 25, 2018
The company is overall a good company to work for. Depending on the group, management can be hit or miss. Its a pretty relaxed environment. Casual dress every day. They do have a pool table and ping pong table, although some managers are reluctant to let employees use them. The hardest part about working here is the silo'd nature of the organization still. They have attempted to correct this but have not been totally successful yet.
Not happy
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEApril 19, 2018
Back stabbing environment. A lot of miscommunication from staff no advancement whatsoever. Happy it was a contractual assignment. Only good thing about this place were the hours.
Average day at Visa
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAApril 19, 2018
A typical day at Visa is showing up to work and being ready to be on the go for the majority of the day. My job requires me to be in 2 places at once. Every day is different! I am constantly working on multiple projects at once, some with a hard deadline, and others that you just need to get a head start on.

The culture at Visa is very casual. People are always working hard but we make sure that our employees take time to relax and have fun. Part of my job is to put on events and encourage our employees to attend.

The hardest part of my job is trying to be everywhere all at once. I have an upbeat personality so it helps when I have to literally run around to different places throughout the day. The most enjoyable part of my job is when my co-workers have a great big smile on their face after an event and they express how happy they are. It truly excites me to see others happy. I want to continue that work because that means it is a great day for me as well.
Pros
free lunches, fun events, beautiful building
Cons
short breaks, difficult people to work with
IIts a great place to work
Workday HRIS Analyst (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CAApril 19, 2018
It is a great company i had great experience working there.you will get to learn many new things,one more good thing is they provide shuttle services for all the employees which is very helpfull
Productive/Fun
Sr. Support Finance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 16, 2018
Work was very productive, culture seems like they started hired a lot of ethnic people,
Management cares only of themselves
10 days depending on work load
Pros
Cons
Management cares about only themselves
Gave me a great retirement package
Buyer, Senior Buyer (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CAApril 12, 2018
I worked here 20 years and enjoyed the hey day of pre-public Visa. The employees enjoyed wonderful food, great parties, and a wonderful 401k plan. One of the best.

However, the regime that took over for the now stock owned company was cut-throat and did not value its employees. I was fortunate to have an option for an early retirement. Others were not so lucky. Visa forced out or laid off most of its really good employees. The culture is too cut throat now.
Pros
Great facilities and food
Cons
Too Cut-throat
Was great
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Foster City, CAApril 11, 2018
The company is a great place to work, I enjoyed each day I was there and the worked I had to do. The people are great to work with and are very helpfull
Director (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UTApril 10, 2018
A great place to spend 1/3 of your life. They are great with work/life balance and provide a variety of wonderful benefits. They avidly listen to employees and seek to get better in areas they are deficient.
I would love to go back and work at VISA again
Sr. Technical Project Manager (Consultant) (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CAApril 10, 2018
Great work culture and work life balance. Excellent projects to work with. The company provides shuttle service to commute form east bay which was very convenient .
Good team spirit but lack of direction from upper management
Staff Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAApril 5, 2018
Upper management kept changing the priorities. The team would be hurried to complete one major deliverable within record time, only to be told after the release that it wasn't very important and that there has been a change of direction/priorities, so now the team should work on delivering whatever the current priority is, again in record time.
Pros
Team members
Cons
Always short of time to delivery
Productive and fun
Merchant Services (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CAApril 3, 2018
Great tech shop. technically open to participate and code in all levels of the platform focussed on test driven development and agile. A very collaborative environment.
Fun working with knowledgable people
Jr Web Developer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 3, 2018
Visa was a great place to learn as a Jr developer. The work at visa was fast moving and learnt a lot working with experienced people. I would suggest anyone who is willing to work at Visa.
Visa Review
Software Intern - Global Ops (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CAApril 1, 2018
My typical day at Visa was fun and exciting. Went in with an attitude of wanting to learn as much as I could. It was a positive place to be and grow. I enjoyed it.
Productive and fun environment
Senior Technical Analyst (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CAMarch 27, 2018
Everyone is friendly and willing to share their knowledge and experiences. The most enjoyable part of the job is the collaboration with other groups to accomplice a goal.
High Paced and working with the latest technologies
QA Lead (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 27, 2018
Great company to work, great location with cafeteria, gym, game room and working cubicles. Visa was flexible to let employees work remote. The hardest part of the job the team was spread all over the world
Good Place to Work
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDMarch 24, 2018
Good pay and advancement opportunities. World wide company known for innovation and ease of use. Frequent changes to leadership in the call center environment over the years has changed the overall culture and feel.
Poor Management
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Foster City, CAMarch 18, 2018
Mid-level management does little to develop or retain employees. The culture breeds unnecessary stress by devaluing relationships and focusing solely on how quickly things get done.
No Career Growth
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 18, 2018
Bad upper Management. They do not work on anything new. No stability to projects, things change on the fly well into the coding cycle. All ancient technologies.
Great Place To Work
Senior Business Continuity Analyst (Manager) (Current Employee) –  Foster City, CAMarch 16, 2018
Depending on what workforce your report to, the work life balance is great. Expect long hard hours during busy parts of the year. For the most part...teams are great, people are great and love the benefits.
Pros
Work-Life Balance
Cons
No real lunch breaks
Excellent work place with great benefits. Salaries low
Global Emergency Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 15, 2018
Excellent place to work. Shifts may be an issue. I adhered well started at 5am -2:30 pm would have proffered 2 continuous days off no matter what shift. Salary for the job I think is low but I was not there a long time to discuss increases. Overall great company to work at with excellent benefits.
Pros
benefits work culture
Cons
salary shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Visa. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

58out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Visa.