Visa Employee Reviews

Lacking on Inclusion
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 18, 2019
Even though the strategic importance of diversity is growing, the business practice of intentionally incorporating inclusive practices in strategy and operations has not caught up. Blacks and other minorities are not given a chance to truly be considered for leadership roles. The culture of promotion is that people have to leave Visa and come back in order to grow. This is especially true in Miami for non-Spanish speakers.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Lack of Inclusion from an internal promotion standpoint
Horrible place to work
Senior Director (Former Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COMarch 14, 2019
You are expected to deliver on vague outcomes. A typical day starts with boosting your executive management's egos. Management does not understand financial planning nor understand change management. This is a payment processing company trying to become a tech giant.
Pros
pay
Cons
Executive management ego
Great pay and benefits, no chance of moving away from phones.
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UTMarch 13, 2019
Great place to work, really nice people and free sodas. I was able to love to a senior position in 5 months. However getting away from the phones is near impossible. Quality is constantly micro managing and making it more and more difficult to want to continue. You have to pay yourself for time off if you don’t have the hours to take off you can’t leave. Even if you don’t want to pay yourself. Management could care less about you or what you need as an employee and are more focused on hitting their goals to get their bonuses and making themselves look good for their leads. Great job though if you like being on the phone all day
Pros
Great pay and atmosphere
Cons
Poor communication and time off
Innovative environment
Senior Director (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 13, 2019
Enjoyed the culture, believed in the business direction. Working with smart, innovative thinkers. Always something new and interesting going on. FinTech hot space right now.
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
Re orgs every few years
Love
Mailroom & Copy Center Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COMarch 13, 2019
stressful, stressful This job cost me my peace of mind. I have no respect for this company on how they treat there employee's. No disrespect just being honest.
Na
Oracle Business Intelligence Consultant (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CAMarch 13, 2019
Visa is a global payments technology company that enables fast, secure and reliable electronic payments across 200+ countries and territories. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative payment network, enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive.
Pros
Money
Cons
Work Schedule
Internship as a UX Research Designer
UX Design Intern (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 12, 2019
I was at Visa doing My inter last Summer.
I can say, It was a great experience learning about their products
I enjoy so much the Design reviews learning from my peers and getting to know people from another department.
I consider my direct boss one of my favorite people at Visa
He always was available happy to help and help me reach my goals.
Good for direct hires, bad for contractors
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 6, 2019
If You get an offer to work as a contractor at the call center. Be aware this is not an easy task. Some temp agencies are aware that this is not going to happen. There is a lot of preasure and the coaching will be minimal.
Managers will coach You if they are not busy coaching there direct hire employees.
I remember on xmas we were told that as contractors we were not supposed to play secret santa.. however everytime they wanted to raise money for any birthday including the managers, yep they did ask Us for help..
They are supposed to give You levels of warnings however as a contractor dont count on that, the first warning could be your last.
In my experience I enter visa feeling very happy and left Visa feeling terribly dissapointed. You will notice every employee in the call center complaining about the job, the hours, the super low salary.. the most You will make after years is 17...
Pros
Free food sometimes, beverages
Cons
Pressure, pure coaching, low salary
Poor Managment
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CAMarch 5, 2019
In my experience there was extremely poor management. It seems they were trying to change this, however, in my case, I had a manager that was there for over 20 years and was part of the old style Visa.
Visa is very nice company
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 3, 2019
I have worked with Visa. It has awesome work culture. They give equal values to each & other employee. And give awesome work opportunities. Growth is great
Great Benefits Growing pains
CUSTOMER SUPPORT REP (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 2, 2019
Visa is a great company as far as benefits and pay is concerned. Since I've been at visa there have been endless amounts of Overtime. However Visa is lacking in the leadership/management roles. The managers are no help they don't know the job and they're always upset when they're forced to do their job. They do have roles for advancement but they play favoritism and sometimes stretch the truth about receiving positions. Managers can and WILL intervene with your success and career advancement. Its hard to get approved for PTO especially during the winter holidays. The attendance policy and schedulues make it hard to want to come to work. you only can miss work 2 times in a rolling 30 days but they never approve you for PTO so you have to call in and take those attendance hits.
Pros
Capped OT and great benefits
Cons
Stressful understaffed poor advancement
Company in flux
Senior Director - New Payments, Expand Acceptance (Current Employee) –  Foster City, CAFebruary 28, 2019
Company will benefit greatly by providing growth opportunities to employees to keep them motivated. Done a good job in ramping up the intranet portal with self-learning opportunities.
Many activities and recreations available
Senior Customer Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 17, 2019
Poor management, and the focus is heavy on quantity of calls rather than quality customer service, with demand for strict attendance, adherence, and 2 minute or less in call metrics and resolutions, despite whatever task your serving. High stress environment, but great coworkers at peer level. Good benefits. Great recreational activities and facilities for agent break time.
Pros
Good health benefits, 401k, multiple shift times available, facility equipped with great recreational rooms
Cons
Poor management, stressful, strict call metrics, strict attendance, minimum quality customer service
Best company to work for
Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 14, 2019
Best place to start a career. You learn about the leading payment industry and to provide the best service possible.
The most enjoyable part of the job is to provide onsite support in different countries.
Pros
Best company to work for
Visa is great!
CIT Team Member (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 11, 2019
Visa as a whole is great, unfortunately the team I'm on has poor leadership and a few bad apples, spoiling it for the rest of us. I'd be happier were it not for these things.
Good Company to work for
Senior Director, Head of Global Mobility (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 9, 2019
I came in as a director and within two years I was promoted to Sr. Director. I had the chance to relocate from San Francisco to Austin Texas. The offices in Austin are really fun and new. Good camaraderie in Austin. New CHRO, which I do not know. CEO is great and value his employees.
Pros
Benefits, pay, advencement
Great culture and cooperative environment
Manager/Director (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 8, 2019
normal workday
midium pace, relax atmosphere,
Crisis are originated in HQ location and expected to be resolved by local offices

• Transaction review.
• Reporting
• Account analysis.
• Conduct procedures on the accounting and finance functions
lots of revenue recognition
lots of technical research
Cons
HQ located in California seems oblivious to other offices value
poor
Call Center Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 8, 2019
visa is a company that deserves better managers. they would always raise up quality and have us not help the customers. that's why the customers would always complain on the phones when i first started it wasn't like that at first. 2 years later everything has changed. it wasn't about customer service anymore. it was about how many phone calls can we all take in a day and its very wrong they would want us to be on the phone less than two minutes. when all these customers have questions and need assistance.
Pros
no pros
Cons
everything
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 4, 2019
Very relaxed and friendly work environment . I would recommend working there for anyone starting out on their career path . Visa provides a lot of opportunities for internal growth.
Visa is a great place to work
Senior Director, Client Relationship Excellence (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 24, 2019
An enjoyable and productive work environment conducive to being impactful and curious .
Culture is about problem solving and being customer centric.
Leadership values are closely followed and are customer focused.
Pros
High impact culture
Cons
bureaurcratic

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Visa. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Visa.

Powered by Comparably