Visa
76Above average

Visa Employee Reviews in Ashburn, VA

You’re seeing reviews in Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA34 reviews
Fun place to work at
If placed within the right team and management then Visa is the place to be; however that's not always the case and as a person you need to do what gives you passion and motivation.
Work Flexibility
Visa is always focus on the quality of the work rather than the quantity and managers always concentrate on the work flexibility. One can work in visa with full freedom and flexibility.I enjoyed my work.
Employer Brand
Everyone knows the VISA brand, that reputation and popularity is what creates an environment filled with loyal employees. Employer brand is definitely important in talent recruitment.
Nice place to work
The work can become mundane. That is great if you like that sort of thing. You are allowed to work at your own pace. Visa is a great place for introverts.
Good Place to Work Full Time but not so much as an intern.
Visa is a great place to be a full-time employee. The department I was in was not prepared for or wanted an intern and as a result there was little learned for me.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Productive and fun place to work
Awesome place to work which cares for their employees with work and family balance. Employees are taken care of very well. Management and all team leads have the best know how of the business.
Worst Corporate Company Ever
Fraternity like company. Many families or relatives hired in the same department, friends from college, etc. The Ashburn location was very fraternity like.
Great Compensation, Increasing Workload
I enjoyed my time at Visa and I feel that I was well compensated for my work there. The culture at Visa feels as though it is suffering a bit due to increased workloads and raised expectations.
Pretty good
Pretty good. Management was lacking. Training was non-existent, culture is fun. Lots of office drama. I would work here again. Benefits are amazing...
Fun workplace
Not a Micro-Mgmt place very laid back environment. Managers trust their Employees.
I loved the place Workplace Culture was terrific. There is no hard part of the Job since I knew my role pretty well.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Visa?
Productive and enjoyable place to work
I enjoyed working for Visa Inc. they have given me lots of opportunities for personal and professional growth. Management was great always understanding and supportive.
Poor Management
I would not recommend this place to work for others. The managers have too much expectation and not respecting the employees. Totally demotivating managers.
Too much internal politics.
Pros
Name Brand Company
Cons
Poor management and stresssful
Hostile Environment
Very stressful and hostile environment. You must bring your "A" game when you come to work. Very cut throat environment, not for the faint of heart. It was a much better company before going public.
Pros
compensation
Cons
non existent work life balalnce
Good Place to work
Diverse and good place to work. Long hours and sometimes stressful, but management was considerate of employees well being, and very flexible. The shift work can get very old very quick though.
Overall
Solid company with solid benefits. VA office does not have as many opportunities for the employees. Stable safe work environment for anyone that wants predictability
Fantastic
Fantastic - great company to work for! Would recommend Visa to anyone. Great career opportunities and great benefits! Absolutely loved working there!
enjoyable experience at this company
Very enjoyable company to work for. Learned many skills throughout my tenure at this company. Great benefits!!! Diverse community and great workplace culture. Encourages team building and working between teams. Management encourages employees and provides them with the tools they need to advance within the organization.
Pros
great benefits; secured facility
Cons
can't think of any at this time
Visa Experience over the years
My Visa experience has varied over the last few years, I was able to move up the ladder (5 levels) and see how each level and position varies throughout the company.

Pros:

-Visa as a company provides great healthcare, allows staff to take various training and certifications and provides good education reimbursement programs.

Cons:

-The IT operations world will change one's character. Metrics will prove that every team is incredibly under staffed, some teams of 3-4 do the work of 10+ per shift. There is no work life balance, you will be expected to occasionally take lunch (at your desk), work overtime to cover other shifts, and some weeks work 7 days straight (12hr days). Even when you are maxed out on PTO and you are no longer accumulation hours, be expected to lose your earned PTO hours as you can't take any to ensure the business stays afloat.

-Job security has also changed over the years. The first 6 years with the company we went through one reorg that resulted in layoffs. The past few years we've experienced about 4 organization changes a year, leading to multiple layoffs and poisoning staff morale. It doesn't matter how well you perform and extraordinary your yearly reviews are, you never know when your time will come.

-HR department is a mess:

New employee gets an offer letter to start on Sept 1st. He shows up on his scheduled start date, HR forgets to put him in the system and tells him to come back in a week.

-Someone from your team getting laid off?

HR forgets to inform the mangers of the reorganization changes which causes the managers to
 - more...
Pros
Education, certification, health care
Cons
no breaks, can't take PTO, no lunches, short staffed
Great company to work for!
Visa has a great work life balance! I loved working for the company as they gave you a place to grow. Visa was concerned about the employee's and how thy helped the overall success of the company!
Payments Industry Leader
Company is in the process of putting profits over employee satisfaction. Company growth will continue, however, they will continue to loose quality employees.
Productivity and good challenge place to work
Excellent work environment, good people and great work/life balance.

A company that respect you as employee and with a defined mission.

Very stable and good position company
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Visa. Our community is ready to answer.
Women's ratings

2.6Fairygodboss Score

20%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

30%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.