Visa

• Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction

Great WLB & Supportive team

I have been working at Visa for 6 years now and over years i can say Visa has great WLB and teams here are very supportive. job security will always be there as long as you have a good reputation and if you are performing well.

Pros

Great WLB & supportive team

Cons

Compensation is fairly poor

Good company to work

A secure job with a good work-life balance. Good if you have kids who need a life with decent pay. Management is good, caring, and supportive. Work can challenging but depends on the group you work for.

Internal promotions are a joke

On the surface Visa makes a big deal about moving within the company, but in reality the only people that move up in ranks are those who have close ties to leadership. I had seen people getting promoted to management positions that had absolutely 0 relatable experience, and what is worst is that they emulated the micromanaging techniques of their leader that got them in that position.

Pros

Lower benefit costs to employees, 401k immediate vesting

Cons

Micromanaging

Golden Chains

I worked 60 and 70 hour weeks in a high paced and high pressure work environment. Working with sums of money and transaction volumes that monumentally large is inherently stressful. There is no room for mistakes. They are one of the few companies that I have worked for that take data security very seriously, and rightly so. I've seen them terminate someone for not following the rules to secure his laptop. The benefits were so good that you wouldn't want to leave. At least that was how it was some years ago. Do you want to be a big fish in a little pond? Or grow to be a huge fish in the ocean?

Pros

High bar, fast paced, great pay, great bennifits.

Cons

You are never off the clock.

Very siloed and difficult to get things done there

VISA is all about transaction processing. If you work in that area it is very innovative. I worked in a different part of the organization and was often stymied by both the legal culture (the joke is: At Legal we put the NO in innovation) and a senior culture that would be hard to get the attention of.

Pros

Good work life balance. Pays good and stock has been lucrative

Cons

Very siloed. Difficult to get anything innovative through the system

Your experience matters.

Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.

innovation, culture, benefits.

I was in a role that was poorly defined and managed. My on boarding was only 3 days rather than 2 weeks, and I was not properly introduced to any of the stakeholders I would be working and collaborating with. Not a culture of transparency, rather a lot of sweeping the elephant in the room under the rug. Very little leadership accountability

Drives you to do better

The team is collaborative and fun to be with. It feels like a 2nd family as they understand your strengths and weaknesses. Also, honest feedback is provided at every stage. And that has been a strong foundation in my growth.

Good work environment

Visa is a good company for who wants to settle down and run really slow for their day to day work, Overall good experience but not for everyone who is looking grow fast

Productive and fun place to work

- Great culture and people - Free snacks - Hard-working and professional environment - A transparent leadership team that puts the employees first. - Given freedom and agency over your own work/study. - Flexible wfh and office hours

Pros

n/a

Cons

n/a

Productive Work Place, Fun and Loving Team

Productive Work Place, will learn new technologies, Fun and Loving Team. Be patient with the re-orgs and everything will eventually fall in place.

Great people to work with and everyone is welcomed

One of the best companies in the SF Bay Area. Very good life and work balance. Amazing team leaders and co-workers caring each other. If you're doing your job right, you will be respected by peers.

Super stable company

There are negatives to every company, but at Visa, stability is huge. The brand is key and it's value speaks for itself. The culture has changed since I left there, so I can't speak to the current culture, but compensation was always more than fair.

Very productive environment

Enjoyed the culture and the flexible work hours and the work life balance is good. The management is accessible and are down to earth people. Learned the new stuff such as Visa Tokenization that is used by different customers to perform their transactions. Learned how the Apple Pay & Google Pay flow works in the financial transactions domain. Great people with great culture and flexible working hours were very positive for me.

Great teams, dedicated employees

Having worked on a variety of projects I found most coworkers were collaborative and willing to share knowledge and help understand the challenges of the tools we were building.

Experienced, positive, and dedicated people in a casual, friendly office environment

The people at Visa are great to work with and the technical work is challenging and interesting. The office culture is casual, hard working, and friendly.

Geat benefits

Challenging environment, risk taking encouraged. Flexible hours, generous vacation time. Recogizing effort rewarded. Great 401k and bonus annually. Great medical plan.

n/a

My most current role at Visa at Technology Planning& Bus. Operation, I am most passionate about drive, define, monitoring the on-going business operation procedures to ensure everything goes right. I also maintain system applications for department under, general direction in coordinating and carrying out assignments that applies program methodology and develops expertise in one business and data area.

fast paced, great people

the environment is fast paced, and the people are great. the culture is positive, and i enjoy my job. life is always changing and you need to be good with change.

Work place culture

It's a good place to learn new things and I had a great time learning new technologies and meeting great talent. I will definitely credit visa for giving me the opportunity to learn new things and upskill my knowledge

Ambitious vision in terms of technology development/leveraging

This was a backfill role. But I really did enjoy my time at Visa supervising/researching cutting-edge solutions that aimed to automate complex engineering processes using machine learning.

Love it.

Great place to work. Good leader. Interesting work. Good team mates. Nothing to complain about. Global projects to work on. You can make your work impactful. Well respected globally

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Visa. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Visa.
Powered byComparably