Visa Employee Reviews

Good benefits and long hours
Sr. Staff Web Engineer (Current Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, CODecember 28, 2017
Training is typically on your own time using online tools such as pluralsight. These are nice to have. The benefits have stayed the same over the years with the exception of the pension being dropped as a benefit.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Long hours, new cube-less environment
Manager
Business Analyst, Communications and Trainings (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CADecember 22, 2017
Cover your own base. Work hard and do not let manager be micromanaging.
Great company to work for. Management should recognize employees work and determination. Setting clear expectations for job role is imperative.
Fiefdoms reign
Senior Producer / Director / Photographer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 20, 2017
This employer offers above average pay and benefits. However, the middle management isn't up to the task of managing talent. Manager's insist on daily ego stroking, devalues innovative thinking and is unable to accept an alternative point of view.
Visa Inc
SR. MERCHANT SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 14, 2017
I love working at Visa. Great Health Insurance, bonuses, and work related programs to better education. The engagement in the community, and diversity is like no other company I have worked for.
Pros
Exellent 401K, bonuses, Healthcare benefits for FT employees.
Cons
Certain departments no room for advancement, inconsistent mandatory shift changes.
Work hard and celebrate successes
Sr. Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lehi, UTDecember 14, 2017
My experience at Visa has been great! From day 1 with the recruiting process explaining who Visa is, what the culture is like, and the impact I would be able to make. The message has been very consistent. Visa really values collaborating with peers and focuses on us, as employees. This helps feel valued as an employee and value the job role. There are definitely times that we have to work hard to meet goals and expectations, but it makes me proud to see both my efforts and the efforts of those around me to come together. Visa is great about providing opportunites to help out in the community and develop my skills to blaze my on own trail. Visa is not just a job, Visa is family that I am proud to be a member of.
Pros
Benefits day 1, 401k!!, time off, leadership, collaboration, and being a Visa employee
Cons
Some systems and tools need to be improved, but this is being addressed from what I see and hear from the leadership team
Visa NY
Senior Executive Administrator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 14, 2017
Visa's NYC office is a great place to work. The office culture and people are friendly and collaborative.
The staff are quite sharp and get things done quickly.
There can be a disconnect between management and staff as how to best run the organization.
Good
Sr Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 11, 2017
its a good company with great work culture, all are very helpful.
need to improve the higher management . learned so many new technologies working as a contractor here
Pros
good work culture
Cons
poor management
great people and nice to be a part of their work
servicenow QA (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 11, 2017
typical deadlines but able to mange all of them. Learned to take any challenge, didn't have time explore on management. Best place to work everything went well in my contract.
Hostile work environment with limited to no resources to excel, grow, and advance.
Project Analyst (Current Employee) –  Foster City, CANovember 25, 2017
Negative environment created to put you in your place and make you stay there. No freedom for creativity and exploring new ways of doing things, executing process, and a culture that instills fear in breaking from the norm. Reprimanded for free-thinking and continuous contradicting feedback on a daily basis. If it wasn’t for the salary and a savings plan I’m on track for, I would have quit a month into the job.
Pros
The CEO is fantastic.
Cons
No breaks - expected to work through lunch at only half hour.
Not for everyone
Cyber Security Specialist (Current Employee) –  Silicon Valley, CANovember 21, 2017
You will have a large amount of work for mediocre pay, the road map to advancement is as fast as the individuals that quit ahead of you. Mgmt will lead you to believe it is equal opportunity when in reality it's not the case. Good luck

Want to know more about Visa?

Ask a question
Sr. QA Engineer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 14, 2017
Good compensation and benefits. Good work culture with good management team. Unfortunately I had to leave early. Love to go back if the opportunity exits
unknown (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 14, 2017
It's a drag going to work. All my career advancement skills were taken away from me. My manager never provided the correct guidance or support to achieve my goals
Fun place to work
Staff Software Engineer (UI) (Current Employee) –  Foster City, CANovember 11, 2017
I have been working here for past 4 years. I truly enjoy working on challenging projects. Managers are good and help you in building career. I wish all the best for the future endeavors.
Pros
work-life balance
Cons
Mgt. need to work on better pay-package for performers
Good
Sr. Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CANovember 9, 2017
Good company to work with. Great salaries and excellent work culture. work life personal life balance is provided. Work culture is very good. Enjoyed working here.
Good
Front End Developer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 9, 2017
Good Workplace culture. Visa has variety of projects and modern technologies used in all projects. The job is most enjoyable and stress less.
Highly recommended.
Good area for work
UNIX/Linux Administrator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 7, 2017
Great opportunities within the company, fun corporate culture, excellent pay and benefits. Very interesting and exciting to work with staff across the
temporary job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDNovember 7, 2017
visa is mostly interested in hiring employees who speak one or more languages, Portuguese , French , Italian , Spanish ,and Chinese. Otherwise when I had worked there the other employees were temporary.
Great place to work for!!!!!
Customer Service Associate (temporary assignment) (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 1, 2017
Great place to work for. Great benefits, great work environment, great company. They go above and beyond for their employees, and provide a safe environment to work for.
Overall
Senior Implementation Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ashburn, VAOctober 30, 2017
Solid company with solid benefits. VA office does not have as many opportunities for the employees. Stable safe work environment for anyone that wants predictability
My reason for relocation...
Corporate Card Analyst (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 27, 2017
I've worked in Oil & Gas for over 13 years, with all the instability I needed and wanted a change. Working at Visa has been great for me, I'm at the Austin location, so the negative reviews are crazy to me. My manager is awesome, the team I work with are all pleasent, even those I don't work with down to the janitorial staff are friendly. My only concern is that it's contract for me and I continuously pray it doesn't end. It's a refreshing new start!
Pros
Working at Visa
Cons
Being a contractor, wanting a permanent spot.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Visa. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

2.6Fairygodboss Score

22%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

33%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.