Visa Employee Reviews

Administrative assistant
Executive Administrator (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CAOctober 10, 2019
It depends on the department you work
in. the department I worked In is highly stressful and The manager is very volatile and treats employees differently. All the new people who start in the her department only last a year and either transfer or leave al together.
Company that cares
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 1, 2019
It’s a great company with work life balance and amazing benefits. You have a lot of ownership for your work and are encouraged to think outside the box and comeup with solutions.
Good place
Product Strategy & Innovation Director (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CASeptember 30, 2019
Well run org with good pace. The HR systems are very good. The products are excellent. The ability for the company to generate profit is superior. Excellent leverage through its issuer and acquirer partners.
Month End compensation
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UTSeptember 25, 2019
I appreciated the time the management took to help us during our month end nights. We needed to stay late to complete our tasks and they were very accommodating to getting us meals.
Productive and fun workplace
QA Lead Consultant (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CASeptember 24, 2019
Productive and fun workplace where teams engage in team building activities and work together in friendly enviroment. everyone is helpful to each other and work as a team towards delivering quality applications, project & product.
Sr. MicroStrategy BI Engineer (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CASeptember 23, 2019
• Responsible for Development of Scorecards from end to end in MicroStrategy. It includes development of MicroStrategy Schema Objects (facts, attributes, hierarchies, Transformations) and Application Objects (Reports, Documents, Filters, Prompts) for projects and final reports business stakeholders.
• Extensively used filters, prompts, consolidations, custom groups and level metrics to generate report builders, reports and ad hoc reports.
• Lead offshore team through project development activities
Productive as an Installer for my employer
Modular Installer/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CASeptember 22, 2019
We would pick up work orders for Visa employees and complete IG. raise desk surface, install keyboard tray, fix cubicle, install monitor arm to desk...
CIT Org not the place to be
Director Customer Experience (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 18, 2019
ITSM is a joke and many internal processes are still manual. Excel files in use for system updates. Very political. San Francisco contingent stuck in the dark ages and has no experience in other environments. Very siloed and extremely political. There is huge inconsistency in management direction and performance management. No career path.
Pros
Pay if that is all you care about
Cons
Allow extreme methods of management between groups creating resentment.
Extremely focused on 9am to 4pm
Contractor - Operations Sr Manager (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CASeptember 17, 2019
Employees were more focused on stock price and end of day to really have joy for the job or improving the program. It is a nice place to work if you are an employee but contractors are brought in to do the actual work and employees are shamed if they work too hard.
Not a forward thinking company...at least 5 years ago
Lead Engineer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 16, 2019
VISA tends to ignore future payment methods and sticks to card-based systems. Likewise, it tends to lag in technology, or pursues irrelevant technology in an attempt to remain "current". If you're a technician, expect to be always "on call" as the offshore teams are often not that great and merely act as conduits to the US developers.
Excellent and pleasing
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 14, 2019
Great company to work for. WONDERFUL BENEFITS very good with caring about the employees well being.
Very well balanced and forward looking company
Agile Coach (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CASeptember 11, 2019
I went to work at Visa in couple of assignments. Both were very rewarding and I came away thinking that I contributed a lot as well as I learned a lot. The leadership and the team members were very supportive, ready to jump in and get the things done.
Pros
Good work life balance
Cons
Being a financial sector company they move very cautiously and sometimes slows things down.
Cubicle environment, sometimes a bit too noisy.
MS Access Developer (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CASeptember 8, 2019
I learned a lot about the credit-card industry. The most difficult part of my job was figuring out how to connect data among 5 different working groups in order to create a database application that all groups could use, and which could be used to provide real-time reporting on the status of work within each group.
Pros
The most excellent company cafeteria I have ever seen.
Cons
long commute.
Good Benefits, but slow and no growth
Associate Project Analyst (Current Employee) –  Foster City, CASeptember 6, 2019
Has good benefits and is a very stable job, but promotions come once in a blue moon and they underpay market value. This workplace is ideal for somebody 30+ looking for an amazing 401k match and good work/life balance.
Deceptive
Call Center CSR (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 4, 2019
They presented the job as being different from other "call centers" however it is not. They lead you to believe you will get "benefits" for your hard work however it is the same old matrix as other call centers...it depends on favoritism, and opinions. I loved assisting the people who called in and felt very appreciated however not by my manager. She seem to be very insecure, and IF you should excel you will not be appreciated but criticized. I was appreciated by the trainers, other staff members, and the evening manager but not my manager. I created a training manual which she tried to take credit for. The only reason I would suggest this company is because of the evening manager, they have great benefits, and some people like "call centers". Because of my experiences, I refuse to work at a call center again.
Great job
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Former Employee) –  Miami, FL 33126September 3, 2019
Learned a lot at Visa. It helped me know more about computers and how to handle customer service over the phone. Opportunities to grow are there as well!
Enjoyable workplace, culture can be slow.
Software Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 2, 2019
For a young engineer VISA may not be the right fit. Tech stack can often be old, and the pace is relatively slow the company.

On the other hand, the people are great and and the pay and bonuses are very good. I think that people would fit very well at VISA and others might not fit at all.
Productive and competitive workplace
Risk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 28, 2019
Enjoyed my time at Visa. The overall work environment was nice and the work-life balance was perfect. My leadership group was excellent which is common at Visa overall.
Pretty cool place
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTIVE (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 28, 2019
It nice place to work there. Everyone is cool. Sometimes the calls can be stressful cause they are back to back but you learn a lot. They always have very nice events and is always feeding you.
Great Place to Work
Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COAugust 25, 2019
Enjoyed my time at Visa. The overall work environment was nice and the work life balance was perfect. My leadership group was very weak but that wasn’t common at Visa overall.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Visa. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

2.6Fairygodboss Score

20%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

30%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss