Visa
73Above average

Visa Employee Reviews

United States766 reviews
Worked for some middle management that only cared about what they needed upper management wanted things but had no trouble freezing everything during COVID but still wanted progress. Finished the contract period and was let go as if nothing happened. Most employees I talked too in my position were trying to get out of there.
Pros
Nice offices and work spaces, great cafe and break rooms
Cons
Parking sucks very slow hierarchical setup
Visa is a great place to work in if you find the right team and the right manager . The culture seems dynamic if you get those 1st 2 right otherwise you find yourself locked down with no room for growth.
Benefits
Cons
Finding the right team
Joined looking to help out as much as I could, by introducing new methods to solve for problems. My management didn't care to hear about them, they just wanted it done the same way it's always been done. Got tired of that mentality and left after a year. Also, my director would have no problem calling me after work hours to ask me to hop on the computer and do some work, this happened at least once a week.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
lack of vision, no boundaries
- Great culture and people
- Free snacks

- Hard-working and professional environment

- A transparent leadership team that puts the employees first.

- Given freedom and agency over your own work/study.

- Flexible wfh and office hours
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
It is not a good place to grow in your professional career, look for something else. Too many changes all the time, VISA do not offer a stable job, run away!
Pros
Benefits like many other companies
Cons
No life balance, management favoritism, work is not assigned equally
HR and some management need to be replaced. Not ran like a business. If you are not part of their circle you will be targeted. HR falsifies personnel records.
Cons
HR and Payroll
They truly value their employees and want to make their life and work and home a positive experience.
The benefits packages are amazing and no where else compares.
a lot politics. very toxic team competition. management only care about covering up their rears clean so they wont end up in trouble. my advice to anyone, stay away...
I enjoy my job at Visa. I feel incredibily valued and I enjoy my manager and team. They are extremely flexible and the culture is excellent. I think our CEO is amazingly supportive.
A world class office offering its employees all the tools to succeed in the work environment. The trainers are wonderful and management cares about their employees
heard good things about VisaNet and data product team, they are quite laid back. My team is under data product, I enjoy flexible work hour and the supportive management. Expect to work with some legacy code if you are not on the AI team, Visa is a well-established company and products are built on top of many existing infrastructure.
The juice is not worth the squeeze. They can't pay you enough to make up for the poison that a moronic layer of middle management forces down your gullet every day.
Had a very supportive manager who focused on my career interests and development, and the internship program focused on making sure interns had a great experience and good work-life balance
Productive Work Place, will learn new technologies, Fun and Loving Team.

Be patient with the re-orgs and everything will eventually fall in place.
One of the best companies in the SF Bay Area. Very good life and work balance. Amazing team leaders and co-workers caring each other. If you're doing your job right, you will be respected by peers.
There are negatives to every company, but at Visa, stability is huge. The brand is key and it's value speaks for itself. The culture has changed since I left there, so I can't speak to the current culture, but compensation was always more than fair.
Overall I enjoyed my time with Visa however it's a big company so promotions and advancement take years which I didn't have when I was there but looking back I would be happy to stay longer. My manager was not overbearing or a micromanager, I did my job and had support when I needed it. I think the team I worked with was the most enjoyable part. I would recommend this company to others because of the work culture and benefits.
I really love the environment, made a good friends and I learned a lot of things. The hardest part at work was the call volume, I received more than 100 call daily
learn so Many things, Management is very helpful. Happy to work again the future, mentors, colleagues are kind and supportive.

Pros

Best Company compare to others best in salary ,work time, Holidays , promotions , paper less work 70% work is easy full digital nice to work here

Cons

no petroll allowance i hope in future petroll allowance will be start
OVerall - very good company to work for. Solid track record. Business model isn’t going anywhere. Leadership has a good strategy and an
Execution mindset with a lot of BOD buy in...hence there is executive sponsorship.
Everyone helps each other succeed.Good Salary.Cool company activities.You learn something new everyday. Clean workplace.Good leaders and amazing training equipment.