Viscira

Viscira Employee Reviews

Viscira insights

What people like
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Sense of belonging

Overworked employees with poor company culture

There are many things to think hard before applying for a job at Viscira. 1. Do you want to be payed what you're worth (wont happen by industry standards) 2. Do you need a work life balance? (can often work late on projects due to poor managerial planning) 3. Does a stressful environment rub off on you? (If so then don't work here) 4. Director and Associate director level workers aren't suited for management (some can't even speak to clients!) 5. Executive team puts way too much pressure on lower management, which translates to company wide panic.

Pros

Periodic left over sandwiches that client didn't want

Cons

VERY low pay, overworked, stressful environment

Avoid working at Viscira

Cons - Poor management, little structure and process - High turnover and often understaffed. Lots of contractors coming in and out - Tight timelines, last minute projects Pros - Great coworkers! - your experience really depends on what team you are on and your manager

Like a poorly written show about startup culture

This place is a joke. They had me working on demo software the y wouldn't install the full version of until after it expired, even tho i sent IT screenshots of the count down. they had meetings twice a day where some PM type character would click through every button of our project linearly to see if it worked, and demanded the whole dev team be there, rather than doing our job. I was told "we are paying you so you do what we say" in an email when I suggested I spend that time improving the product instead of staring at a click-through. there was no strategy meetings or anything remotely agile or incorporating intelligent design. it's like weighing a calf twice a day but never feeding it. was told to just sit around because they thought the project would be canceled, and then forced to work weekends when it wasn't. no organization. what else? oh yeah and there was some sweaty guy in the common workspace with everyone who would jog on a treadmill while he worked. oh and they didn't even have coffee good times.

Pharma agency work

Friendly management and great coworkers. Casual work environment and nice office. Deadline driven environment, so lots of late nights and some weekends.

HORRIBLE Experience at Viscira

Would not recommend. Horrible management. They are disconnected and definitely have their few favorites. They are not open to new ideas. Work, life balance was horrible. They have unlimited vacation, but make you feel extremely bad for using it.

Pros

Vacation

Share your experience

Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.

Productive and fun workplace

This office was full of fun and creative people, and I enjoyed every day of it. Day were spent not only doing my daily duties but also assisting various teams with their tasks if needed.

Working at Viscira was great

I enjoyed my work at Viscira. They are a great company that treat their employees very well. I would work on one of the various project they always have. I checked my email in the morning to find out f there were any changes made to the project I was working on. I then asked my manager for clarification on how she would like me to proceed. I did a pull request from the bitbucket repository then coded until 10 o'clock at our stand up where all the members of the team gave an update on what they were working on.

Pros

Great company culture

Cons

was only a contract postion

Happy at Viscira

Really enjoying working at Viscira and am very happy I joined. We work on cutting-edge products that look amazing. Our teams are very talented. We just had a paid holiday shutdown for a week which I really appreciated. We didn't even have that at my last company. The management cares about staff and seems open to feedback. It's also great to see people being promoted at the company.

Pros

Cutting-edge products, supportive team, paid holiday leave

Cons

Some clients can be challenging and deadlines can be tight, but I think its just the nature of the work and industry

Great startup company

People are great and product is inovative. Would work there again.

Pros

great products, fun people, positive environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Viscira. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 50%
In the Top 50% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Viscira.
Powered byComparably