Vishay Employee Reviews

Excellent place to work
Formation Operator (Former Employee) –  Bennington, VTNovember 3, 2018
It isn't easy getting in there! The employees never leave except retirement! They are like your second family! Pay is good, management is great and hours are typical of any manufacturing company!
Pros
Christmas bonuses, birthday celebrations
Quality Assurance, machine operator
Quality Assurance Inspector (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAOctober 15, 2018
Set up machine for test of ceramic capacitors, do paper work, I learned on how a number of machines are operated, learned about the different parts of a ceramic capacitors, and knowing the process of making the ceramic capacitor, my managers were very helpful helping you and answering your questions. Sometimes you would have to stop on one buildup(plastic tube of order of Ceramic capactiors) and start on another order, enjoy working with others
Pros
Hours, having 4 days off, working with others
Cons
I do not have any cons
Production technician
Reliability Technician (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAOctober 9, 2018
I enjoyed working at Vishay it was a great experience for me. The people were really old but they were really nice and treated me like their child. It was a really friendly environment to work in.
Pros
Timings were excellent
Cons
Relocated the entire department
Productive and fun environment for programmers
Global Service Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  National Capital RegionSeptember 26, 2018
The office is nice.
The managers are nice.
Activities are excellent, you will become more productive.
You will enjoy activities conducting every Wednesday.
Assembler/Production (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHSeptember 7, 2018
Great benefits, full-time hours, relaxed working environment, casual dress code, paid training, great management. This is the type of place that makes you feel good about going to work everyday.
Pros
Benefits, optional overtime, paid training, positive working environment.
nice work place
Equipment/Lithography Process Associate Engineer (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CASeptember 3, 2018
the typical day is to check all the equipment with all problems, and start knocking them down. I have learned semiconductor industry. The management was very helpful about my success on this company. the culture was not cohesive ,and cut-throat environment
benefits
Cons
no stocks, no bonuses
Great place to work fun atmosphier.
Maintenance Mechanic Elec Tech (Former Employee) –  Columbus, NEAugust 12, 2018
Very nice place to work, great people and many learning experience to take advantage of. Got to learn a great deal about many laser cutting machines and setting them up and diagnosing the problems with them
Pros
Clean
Cons
Long hours at times.
High quality place to work
Operator One (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHAugust 10, 2018
I learned how to use different tools for the assemblies we built. I had a variety of things to do during the day. The hardest part of the job was the testing done after the final build. The most enjoyable part were the people I worked with and the things I learned.
Pros
Learning something new
Cons
politics in the office
ok
Utility Operator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, NEAugust 1, 2018
to many hours required to work. Mandatory overtime for the full 5.5 years I worked there. Made to work extra hours for paid holidays. Worked me to death
friendliness
Test Technician I (Former Employee) –  Columbus, NEJuly 23, 2018
Vishay is a nice friendly environment until you have been there a while then it seems like people think you won't leave so they can treat you the way they want.
Pros
goodd wages for Columbus
Cons
no cost of living increases, they do nothing for Christmas, you have to get your supervisors approval to move positions or departments
Productive workplace with potlucks during the holidays
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHJuly 6, 2018
I loved working here, the day was very productive. My coworkers were awesome, management was awesome. I kept busy everyday and week and I love a job that keeps you busy and the workflow steady and not stressful. I learned a lot while I was there. The most enjoyable part about this job was learning new things.
Pros
Steady workflow and ergonmics
Cons
Building vacation time
Structured environment with potential to advance
Senior Supply Chain Planner (Former Employee) –  Columbus NEJune 17, 2018
Emails are a top priority in daily activity. Emails range from reports to expedite requests from customer service. Maintaining the balance of production output to customer demand is also a vital function in the position.
Pros
Friendly work environment
Cons
Micromanaged in some departments
Team Work
Procurement and IEHS Manager (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAJune 4, 2018
The Management Team at Vishay always strived to meet, customers demands by On Time Delivery, Quality and Service. My duties where to motivate and bring to together a Purchasing Team that meet all KPI's per Quality Standards.
Plant closed
Facilities Technician (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJune 2, 2018
Plant closed and is no longer in operation. It was a good place to work for 23 yrs so now I am looking for another job that I can work at for another 20 years
Cons
Plant closed
It is a good place to start
Wafer Fab Operator (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAMay 17, 2018
It is a good place to start and work
The company gave me a good review .
good managers and CEO
This is the most enjoyable job i had so far
but by the end i lost my job....so sad
Pros
It is a good place to start
Cons
more stress
Exhausting
Utility Operator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, NEMay 14, 2018
Too many hours. Schedule varied week to week. Pay was ok, benefits we're good. Paid holidays but had to work additional days to make up for "holiday" guaranteed work and no risk for layoff. Went through 6 supervisors in 5 and a half years. Big turnover so constantly training new people.
Vishay- great place to work but lacking in salary range
Executive Asst to CFO,Controller,& ViceChair (Current Employee) –  Malvern, PAMay 3, 2018
I loved working at Vishay/Vishay Precision Group.

The people were the absolute best that I worked with on a daily basis. I had allot of interaction overseas as well and will admit even through cultural difference had a pleasant time.

Management was thoughtful of there people and accomodating to the best of their ability.

The hardest part of the job was the salary. Being given more work because they think highly of you but not being compensated as such.

The most enjoyable part of the job that makes the day fly by are the other employees that have developed an excellent sense of comaraderie.
Pros
people, atmosphere, healthcare
Cons
low salary that does not rise very quickly
stressful environment.
Laser operator (Current Employee) –  Columbus, NEApril 19, 2018
Working in the Laser department is stressful. A person has to run about 18-20 machines a day and make sure the machine is making the cuts right, cleaning the inside of the machine, making samples, and having QC check them.
Pros
work a lot of hours.
Cons
Not enough pay, and have to work weekends
Bad place to work..
QA Inspector/ Lead Operator (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYApril 13, 2018
After 10+ years with company was treated unfair. Not at all a good place to work. A lot of their employees are under the influence of either drugs or other. No one cares about good or bad production.
Pros
Cons
everything
Closing down
FA & Mat’ls Lab Mgn. (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAApril 10, 2018
With the FAB closed down and other operations following it was a scramble to keep employment. Furthermore, many of the design and handling of the testing was completely misunderstood and mishandled.
Pros
Good baseline co-workers
Cons
Closing down operations