Vishay Employee Reviews

nice work place
Equipment/Lithography Process Associate Engineer (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CASeptember 3, 2018
the typical day is to check all the equipment with all problems, and start knocking them down. I have learned semiconductor industry. The management was very helpful about my success on this company. the culture was not cohesive ,and cut-throat environment
benefits
Cons
no stocks, no bonuses
Assembler/Production (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHSeptember 7, 2018
Great benefits, full-time hours, relaxed working environment, casual dress code, paid training, great management. This is the type of place that makes you feel good about going to work everyday.
Pros
Benefits, optional overtime, paid training, positive working environment.
Cons
Vishay- great place to work but lacking in salary range
Executive Asst to CFO,Controller,& ViceChair (Current Employee) –  Malvern, PAMay 3, 2018
I loved working at Vishay/Vishay Precision Group.

The people were the absolute best that I worked with on a daily basis. I had allot of interaction overseas as well and will admit even through cultural difference had a pleasant time.

Management was thoughtful of there people and accomodating to the best of their ability.

The hardest part of the job was the salary. Being given more work because they think highly of you but not being compensated as such.

The most enjoyable part of the job that makes the day fly by are the other employees that have developed an excellent sense of comaraderie.
Pros
people, atmosphere, healthcare
Cons
low salary that does not rise very quickly
I use my skills and have opportunity to grow
Process Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  Yankton, SDNovember 1, 2018
I’ve had a positive experience where I am listened to and learn and have been treated with respect. I’m allowed to use my knowledge to make my own decisions and given support as needed.
Benefits
Laser Operator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, NEJanuary 9, 2019
Overall, enjoyed the department and the crew that worked the evening shift. It challenged the abilities to multi-task and problem solving. Job can be stressful at times. Benefits were very good.
Repaired customers equipment to or better than factory spec.
Senior Electronic Technician (Former Employee) –  Wendell, NCFebruary 12, 2018
Calibration and troubleshooting instruments returned by customers for repair and re-calibration.
Aid and offer assistance, answer questions from other technicians or test inspectors about instruments in need of problems and theoretical functionality.
Train and explain existing and new processes or procedures to technicians and test inspectors.
Supports policies and procedure to promote continuous improvements to the quality of the product.
Receiving and shipping customers products.

Management was at time hard to communicate to of problems needing change. They did not have time right now would be the quote. Most all raises were went to insurance increases at years end.

Most coworkers were easy to work with.

Hardest part was having the time to do all the jobs needing to be done.

The most enjoyable part was having the work completed and knowing you had a happy customer.
Pros
Health Insurance
Cons
401-K not a great retirement plain
Workplace Culture
Financial Analyst - Capital Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 9, 2019
When I began working at Vishay the workplace culture was great, however once the company was purchased new management came in and the culture changed.
Pros
Able to make my own decisions
Cons
No room for promotion
Exhausting
Utility Operator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, NEMay 14, 2018
Too many hours. Schedule varied week to week. Pay was ok, benefits we're good. Paid holidays but had to work additional days to make up for "holiday" guaranteed work and no risk for layoff. Went through 6 supervisors in 5 and a half years. Big turnover so constantly training new people.
Excellent place to work
Formation Operator (Former Employee) –  Bennington, VTNovember 3, 2018
It isn't easy getting in there! The employees never leave except retirement! They are like your second family! Pay is good, management is great and hours are typical of any manufacturing company!
Pros
Christmas bonuses, birthday celebrations
Great job
Screen Printing (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYJanuary 11, 2019
This is a wonderful place to work. Hardest part of the job is when no work is available I am forced to use sick time or vacation time to make up my pay for the week.
Pros
paid lunch breaks, awesome vision insurance
Cons
short breaks, high cost healthcare
Professional environment
CSR/Processed Purchase Orders (Former Employee) –  Malvern, PANovember 28, 2018
In general, people were very polite and helpful. Immediate management not so collaborative. The training system wasn't user friendly and questions weren't always answered.
Pros
Flex time, lots of fruit and snacks, great coffee variety
Cons
Questions weren't addressed on time, customers were left holding
Quality Assurance, machine operator
Quality Assurance Inspector (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAOctober 15, 2018
Set up machine for test of ceramic capacitors, do paper work, I learned on how a number of machines are operated, learned about the different parts of a ceramic capacitors, and knowing the process of making the ceramic capacitor, my managers were very helpful helping you and answering your questions. Sometimes you would have to stop on one buildup(plastic tube of order of Ceramic capactiors) and start on another order, enjoy working with others
Pros
Hours, having 4 days off, working with others
Cons
I do not have any cons
Great Place
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Columbus, NEFebruary 23, 2018
With the increased wages Vishay is an exceptional place to work. Excellent Benefits! Great Environment! Highly Recommend. Good environment to work in.
benefits
Cons
wages
Great place to work fun atmosphier.
Maintenance Mechanic Elec Tech (Former Employee) –  Columbus, NEAugust 12, 2018
Very nice place to work, great people and many learning experience to take advantage of. Got to learn a great deal about many laser cutting machines and setting them up and diagnosing the problems with them
Pros
Clean
Cons
Long hours at times.
nice quiet working enviroment where all were treated as family
IT Support / Purchasing / IT Consultant (Former Employee) –  dominican republicNovember 22, 2018
I had interaction with all dept. giving them computer support and fixing all their systems issues, I also provided help to the HR dept. and the procedure group translating their procedures from English to Spanish
Pros
good working enviroment
Cons
you could not be relocated lately
ok
Utility Operator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, NEAugust 1, 2018
to many hours required to work. Mandatory overtime for the full 5.5 years I worked there. Made to work extra hours for paid holidays. Worked me to death
Productive workplace with potlucks during the holidays
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHJuly 6, 2018
I loved working here, the day was very productive. My coworkers were awesome, management was awesome. I kept busy everyday and week and I love a job that keeps you busy and the workflow steady and not stressful. I learned a lot while I was there. The most enjoyable part about this job was learning new things.
Pros
Steady workflow and ergonmics
Cons
Building vacation time
It was great working at Vishay
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJuly 20, 2017
It was great working at Vishay. The production group from management to operators worked well together to meet common goals. It was always a great feeling to achieve production goals because of how well we worked together.

Vishay took care of their employees by providing competitive benefits - medical, dental, vision and 401K.

I am most thankful for my own personal growth. Vishay had provided me training in all the areas in the fab for which I then Supervised - Epi, Diffusion, Photo, Etch, Implant, Thin Film, Metal, Plating and Back metal.
Pros
Benefits, developmental growth
Cons
manufacturing closed
High quality place to work
Operator One (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHAugust 10, 2018
I learned how to use different tools for the assemblies we built. I had a variety of things to do during the day. The hardest part of the job was the testing done after the final build. The most enjoyable part were the people I worked with and the things I learned.
Pros
Learning something new
Cons
politics in the office
Production technician
Reliability Technician (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAOctober 9, 2018
I enjoyed working at Vishay it was a great experience for me. The people were really old but they were really nice and treated me like their child. It was a really friendly environment to work in.
Pros
Timings were excellent
Cons
Relocated the entire department