Vision House Employee Reviews

A peaceful workplace with a meaningful mission and wonderful coworkers
Administrative Intern (Current Employee) –  Renton, WASeptember 26, 2018
I would highly recommend working at Vision House. Management makes it a goal to ensure employees are growing and functioning in their strengths and gifting’s. They value self-care and a healthy work/life balance. Furthermore, it is very rewarding to work at an organization that is making a meaningful impact on the lives of families who are experiencing homelessness. Each department is celebrated and recognized for being an important piece of the Vision House mission. You are equally valued whether apart of the administration team, child care team, family service team, maintenance team, or the thrift store team.
Pros
Christ Centered Organization, Strengths Based, Flexible Hours, Transforms Client Lives
Childcare
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAAugust 26, 2018
I enjoyed working with the children, but CV doesn't value their employees. HIGH turnover. Gossiping.
Definitely not a Christian organization. How can you praise about God, yet be petty to the other staff? Would God be happy about that?

The only ones who continue to work there are the ones who have been working there since the opening of the center and they continually state "I have been working here for 13 years." Pretty high sense of entitlement. I don't feel that The co founder does not value the workers who work at the center especially the ones who have been there since opening. I can observe that they do not like change, but change for the better of the center.

I learned alot during my time there, but that place is just too intoxicating.
Pros
Enjoy working with the children and watching them grow.
Cons
High turnover on staff, gossiping, lack of support
Gossip and backstabbing
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAJuly 24, 2018
I was a substitute teacher for the child care center. It appeared like they were always short staffed. The women in charge had favorites and since I don’t play games I wasn’t one of them. That made me a target and I was not treated equally. The pay was very low. When the big boss came to visit they were always big smiles and laughter. I left after a month or so.
Pros
The kids were great
Cons
Low wage, low moral, gossip, never got breaks
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJuly 12, 2018
Learned a lot of new things and met interesting people. My boss was an amazing person to work for. She is a very kind and caring person who does so much for people in need.
Great employer
Confidential (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAJune 22, 2018
Vision House does great work in helping families get out of homelessness. Case management is provided for both parents and children. Parents either go to school or work. Most who graduate from the program have high chances of being successful in maintaining their jobs and their permanent housing. Too many great success stories to tell.
Pros
Great organization
Cons
Pay can be better
Was a toxic work environment.
Sub (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAMay 3, 2018
Definitely not a Christian Orginization. Non-profit only for the money. They do not value their employees. Revolving door within this company. High ratios.
Summary
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAFebruary 22, 2017
organized the center for children arrival . create lessons plans to develop fine motor skills and activities for children. Provide daily meals breakfast lunch and snacks.
Pros
Building relationships with families and children
Cons
long hours and unexpected changes
Great Charity
Lead Teacher/SA Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAOctober 14, 2012
Great charity, willing to help the ones in need! This is a place that truly believe in giving.