Vision Integrated Graphics Employee Reviews

Very driven atmosphere
Prepress Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hobart, INJuly 7, 2019
Worked with some very good people and produced technically challenging work. The diversity of work provided a daily challenge as no two jobs were the same. I was given the opportunity to profile all the different stocks that were used for printing, which gave me a lot of insight into the operation.
P&D Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hobart, INMarch 27, 2019
I was a press operator at Vision at the end of my career there. I started getting paid minimum wage coming in through a staffing agency. This job is great and not very demanding. Pay is great and they treat their own well. They like to promote from within and if you prove yourself you will be noticed.
No professionalism from management
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILMarch 20, 2019
Poor management no leadership skills no communication hostile environment no team work just the worst place to work they have inner circle if your not in ir your screwed
Terrible management
Packaging and distribution specialist (Former Employee) –  Hobart, INOctober 22, 2018
Needs better management who cares about there employees. Not just give them pizza or donuts for there harder. They don't give raises out. So don't expect one.
Great place to work at clean and everyone is very respectful.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILOctober 9, 2018
Do more for the people rewarding all staff including the temporary staff as well. Have team meetings to update employees of any changes or up coming projects. Overall a great company to work for lots of overtime...
Pros
Anniversary awards, family driven company.
Cons
Need better affordable health insurance.
Excellent Company to work for
Director of Digital Marketing (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 5, 2018
Family like environment. May very good people there and many have been with the company for over 10 years which is a great sign for prospective employees.
Good people and a great environment to work
Director of Digital Marketing (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 2, 2018
In particular the CEO and leadership in the company are family oriented and good people to work for. The leave it all on the field every day and really take care of their employees. Many have been with the company for 20+ years.
They won't inform you of much.
Industrial Printer Pressman (Former Employee) –  Hobart, INApril 6, 2018
A typical day at work was figuring out how to run a half million dollar machine without much training. Then if you bring it up to someone, you'll be looked at as if you were the problem because the trainer is a several year veteran.

I was pretty disappointed with the training. But I'm naturally a quick learner and read through the printer's manuals. Then followed them to a T until someone told me not to.

I only got to work here for a month or two then I was laid off. It was seemingly at random. I asked as many questions as I could to figure out what I did. But the only thing I got out of them was that my pay-per-hour was leaked and I was getting paid more than the average worker. Which caused an uproar with the people that have been working there much longer.
Pros
Great Pay, Good Benefits, Days go by fast
Cons
8 hour shifts turn into 12 hour shifts in a snap
Okay place to work as long as you are allowed to take your full lunch
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILMarch 11, 2018
The job was good and the employees were amazing, however, being diabetic and having to eat at a certain time during the day made it somewhat difficult when major issues would arise. I was expected to cut my lunch short to fix issues while I was still eating after taking my insulin.
Fast pace
Direct Media Cooranitor (Current Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILFebruary 21, 2018
For my position there is only work for about once or twice a week which can take a day to complete depending on the order and during those time were there isn’t work I helping out with picking orders and packing orders.
Great company
QA Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 2, 2017
I was Intern at this company. Everyone is very professional and friendly. Projects are very interesting. Management was good. Workplace culture great.
Cut Throat
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILApril 23, 2017
Full of lies and empty promises. They are always in process to buy another company, So employees are nothing more than a number. They want you to be qualified, as long as you are not more qualified or equal than the managers. Don't let the fake smiles fool you.
Can't be better paid for such easylabor
iCutter (Former Employee) –  Hobart, INFebruary 8, 2017
Easiest job I've had by far.
I worked 12 hours shifts 3 days a week from 7am to 7pm then a 6 hour shift the next day.
Others worked the opposite shift, and then there were most of the people who worked 5 days a week starting at 6am and ending at 230pm, then a shift starting at 230 and ending at 11. lunch was not paid for and you could take 2 15 minutes of breaks which were also unpaid. Dental was free for the basic plan and you start out with 2 weeks vacation and earn the days back as you go.They front them to you.
You also get a "floating holiday" which could be taken at any time, which is really just another vacation day.
the family insurance is dirt. 500 to 800 a month for a normal small family.
for one person it was about 80 bucks a paycheck, so 160 a month, and the insurance was mediocre.
It is nearly impossible to get fired.
We only had one or 2 good managers and the others just kind of existed.
Eeeeveryone did nothing but gossip and badmouth each other.

ALSO: there was a ton of opportunity for overtime. They gave it out like candy.
I worked 70 hours a week for like 3 or 4 months out of the 11 months i was there. Some overtime was mandatory, and i had a critical position so mine was mandatory.
Pros
Hard work /is/ rewarded
Cons
not much room to advance
A growing company
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 7, 2017
This company is constantly working to expand it's product offering, but overloads it's employees in order to do it. The management style is mixed. Some managers are great and supportive and others you are afraid will bite your head off. The work load goes up and down but stays pretty busy.
Pros
Kind co-workers, fun projects
Cons
Large workloads, hot headed management
CSR/ Shipping Clerk
Customer Service Rep./ Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tinley Park, ILMay 7, 2015
Excellent place to work great team atmosphere. Plenty of opportunities for overtime. Great management and room to grow in company.
Vision Intergrated was a very fun place to work
Handwork/Finisher (Former Employee) –  Hobart, INMarch 26, 2015
I manufactured and assembled billboards and welded vinyl banners and prepared them. As well as quality control to insure the products were suitable to be sent out. Working here was my first job and was the best so far, all co workers and supervisors were nice and respectful. I learned alot from everyone there. The hardest part was when there was nothing to do and we would all just sit around a sweep a floor that was already spotless. The most enjoyable was it being my first job, and watching how billboards and banners are actually made and learning how to make them myself.
Learning experience
Hand Bindery Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tinley Park, ILJune 19, 2013
Everyday was a learning experience at this job. Management was always friendly and available for any questions or suggestions.
Productive, fun, challanging.
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  ILOctober 19, 2012
My typical night at Vision would be reading tickets containing details of a job, importing ticket numbers from our main hard drive into the presses. From there i would make sure that the color, placement, and the back up was right. if not i would correct the errors. once all this was done i would start to print the job and watch that there is no errors with the job that is printing and with the press it self..
Pros
my co- workers, and plenty of over time
Cons
the work was only temporary