VisionQuest Employee Reviews

Supervised residents in a residential setting
Child Care Worker (Former Employee) –  New Jersey, USAAugust 14, 2018
The typical day at work involves supervising youths in a residential setting, keeping them safe and maintaining daily records of their progress. I learned the various factors that contribute to delinquency of youths in the US society and strategies of re-socializing them. Management was policy directed . The culture of the workplace embraced maintenance of standards through continuous training. The hardest part of the job was restraining youths who were involved in physical altercation. The most enjoyable part of the job was too assist the youths to adopt a new approach to resolving a crisis.
Remote
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 15, 2018
I currently work part-time approximately 25-30 hours per week. This is a remote job so I work from home, which provides me with a lot of flexibility.

I manage all the therapist and case managers case load, and ensure our daily census is at the number of clients needed in order to meet monthly goals.

I process all incoming KAP referral from Bexar County Juvenile Probation Department and work with their administrator to report on client status.

I review and monitor all case notes and ensure accuracy for billing.

At the end of the month I bill for all services and ensure all documentation supports the services billed.
Pros
remote job, flexible hours
Cons
part-time, no benefits, no vacation and/or PTO, no advancement
Loved working
Child Care Worker II (Former Employee) –  Saylorsburg, PANovember 25, 2018
Although the management at times was not the best however the children was what made the job worth it. Being able to talk with the kids and help them with getting back out into the world was always my goal
Not a cool place to work.
Social Studies Teacher (Former Employee) –  Franklin, PAJanuary 7, 2019
I had to work 60 hours a week include sleeping in four nights a week. When I had an anxiety attack and wasn't cleared to work so many hours they tried to cut my pay. When the doctor refused to clear me medically they terminated me.
Pros
The work with kids was rewarding.
Cons
In competent management.
Unsafe
Community Backer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 31, 2019
Vision Quest it the worst pace I ever worked in my life I would not recommend that place to anyone. The work conditions were not safe and management did not want to fix the problems.
Pros
Working with the youth
Cons
Working for Vision Quest
Difficult
Child Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Lufkin, TXDecember 16, 2018
The company has a lot of potential, but without proper management they will remain stagnant. The floor staff is continually understaffed, and never on the same page. It's still a new establishment, but until they get everyone to work as a unit it will remain poor.
Unorganized and not very professional
Service Delivery Specialist (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLDecember 4, 2018
I would say that the day-to-day isn't difficult at all. You're basically a House parent there to take care of teenagers. You cook, clean, transport kids to school & appointments & facilitate social emotional groups. I learned the Native American way to include all kids as well as the curriculum for ART (Anger Response Therapy) & Seven Challenges (a drug prevention/intervention/decision making curriculum). I also learned more about therapeutic care, DJJ & the court system for teens. As far as the work culture & hardest part of the job is that you don't really get much support/backing from the company when dealing with violent kids, nor from the lawyers from Legal Aid Society. As long as the company is getting money to house these kids, that's what really matters. I find that things from money, to getting office supplies to getting appropriate staff isn't done in an organized or professional way.
Pros
Facilitating groups, free meals & getting to work with some of the kids
Cons
No real staff support & no incentive for staff to want to do their best
Company no longer in business
Youth Mentor (Former Employee) –  New Lisbon, NJNovember 12, 2018
Worked for this company for approximately 4 months. We worked with troubled youth in a residential living environment. I do not feel that many of the counselors employed there possessed the qualities needed for the position.
Pros
401k, medical, vacation
Cons
Issues concerning troubled youth
Good for those who love working with troubled youth
Child Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 17, 2018
I loved my job at vision quest do to the fact that I love working with troubled youth and helping the youth,however vision quest is a very stressful work place because of the lack of professionalism and it’s very unorganized
Pros
Freedom of working with the youth
Cons
No breaks or vacation and benefits are not good
Was a fun experience to work at.
Drill Instructor (Former Employee) –  Franklin, PAOctober 29, 2018
Enjoyed working with intercity children each and every day. Management was a great experience as they listen to there employees concerns. The pay was very good as well
Pros
Working with children every day
Cons
Work a little to much
Team environment
LEAD OPTICIAN (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INJune 12, 2018
Would recommend this practice to others. Enjoyed the benefits of working for these doctors at this practice. At the time, management could have been better monitored-overall impression positive.
Payroll Specialist/HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 4, 2018
Vision Quest is a great opportunity to gain new experience and grow with the company. Its a place where you would learn something new everyday. Management was great and always willing to show you new skills.
Pros
Policies and Procedures
Cons
Flexible
Terrible pay for all the work and abuse you will get.
Staff (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 12, 2018
Extremely low pay for all the work expected of you and to be cursed out and disrespected by kids all day.
*Management and "CEO" values money in their pocket over ensuring youth and staff are properly taken care of.
*They constantly violate wage laws including not paying overtime to salaried workers yet expects them to put in 50+ hour work weeks and be on call 24/7. Recently told all employees that they had to take a pay cut in the middle of the pay period and implemented it immediately (illegal).
*They have a program for illegal immigrant children that's better funded and youth in that program are better taken care of than legal children.
*Outdated model for caring for youth that does not work and they refuse to change despite staff begging them too.
*CEO is an alcoholic who hires friends and family for higher positions they are not qualified for then punishes staff who speak out about it.
Fun work place
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Franklin, PAAugust 23, 2018
Vision quest is a very fun work place gives u a opportunity to change a kid life that had trouble in the past the inner city youth program with a very strict policy that the youth half to follow. It is stressful at times but when u see ur work paying off it makes u feel better
Pros
Overtime every day
Cons
No job advancement
Difficult hours with no health benefits
Optician/Technician (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEAugust 13, 2018
I enjoyed my coworkers. The office is dedicated to its customers. However, being small they were unable to offer benefits, did. not do employee evaluations or any opportunity to advance in position or pay.
Pros
atmosphere
Cons
lack of benefits
Lively, but cautious environment!
Care Giver\Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New Lisbon, NJAugust 18, 2018
The young adults were supervised and assisted with daily ADLs and goals. A typical day consisted of Getting dressed, medications, school, dinner, evening activities, bedtime routine, etc. The culture was a home setting and team work. The hardest part of the job was watching the teens struggle in this environment without regular parental supervision. The most enjoyable part was watching them actually complete their programs and return home to their parents.
Pros
Helping the children use the skills they were being taught, to re enter the community in a positive way.
Cons
Low wages, no breaks away from the clients
It paid the bills
Behavioral Therapist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 8, 2018
Unstable work environment. I was respected and left alone to do my job. My immediate supervisors were supportive and encouraging but the senior management of the company were short sighted and incompetent.
High paced
Program Director (Former Employee) –  South Mtn PAApril 24, 2018
Very competitive. Commander was the best (Col. Harvey). Cut throat staff who were envious female upper management. A man's world indeed. But women held their own.
Pros
Phyically fit atomosphere
Youth Worker (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJanuary 8, 2019
So far, it seems pretty cool. I just started, so we shall see how this goes.I am looking forward to spending time with the youths and hopefully making a difference in their lives
Cons
No direct deposit
Vision Quest gave me a lot experience that I can use in the future
Youth Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 20, 2018
Vision Quest was a job where I gained a lot of knowledge about the youth of today. I definitely would still be at Vision Quest had my site not closed down

Ask a question about working or interviewing at VisionQuest. Our community is ready to answer.