VisionQuest Employee Reviews

Supervised residents in a residential setting
Child Care Worker (Former Employee) –  New Jersey, USAAugust 14, 2018
The typical day at work involves supervising youths in a residential setting, keeping them safe and maintaining daily records of their progress. I learned the various factors that contribute to delinquency of youths in the US society and strategies of re-socializing them. Management was policy directed . The culture of the workplace embraced maintenance of standards through continuous training. The hardest part of the job was restraining youths who were involved in physical altercation. The most enjoyable part of the job was too assist the youths to adopt a new approach to resolving a crisis.
Difficult hours with no health benefits
Optician/Technician (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEAugust 13, 2018
I enjoyed my coworkers. The office is dedicated to its customers. However, being small they were unable to offer benefits, did. not do employee evaluations or any opportunity to advance in position or pay.
Pros
atmosphere
Cons
lack of benefits
It paid the bills
Behavioral Therapist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 8, 2018
Unstable work environment. I was respected and left alone to do my job. My immediate supervisors were supportive and encouraging but the senior management of the company were short sighted and incompetent.
Good Company
Telemarketing Trainer (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKJuly 16, 2018
This Company is no longer in Business ..sadly. However, I began as a CSR and became the Day Telemarketing Trainer for Discover Card Campaign and really enjoyed my job.
fun workplace
Juvenile Care Counselor (Former Employee) –  Browns Mills, NJJune 29, 2018
A typical work day was seeing the girls i work with everyday.I learned how to work with young discipline kids.The hardest part of the job was trying to work with kids that didn't listen.
I like it there, it wasn't bad at all
Client Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Franklin, PAJune 27, 2018
my experience at vision quest was unique because it was my first time working at a place like that but i learned to enjoy working with the youth and the staff as well.
Collaborative workplace
Direct Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Milford, DEJune 27, 2018
I enjoy working here because every day is not the same. There is a set schedule to follow but because of the behaviors some of the residents may display, every day will be different. The management will work with employees if they need to make up any work days that they have missed. I enjoy talking to the youth and trying to motivate them to think about their present and future.
Pros
Paid Time Off and Work Schedule
Cons
Pay
Too short to review honestly.
Youth Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Warfordsburg, PAJune 25, 2018
I cannot give an honest review of the company because I did not work there long enough to do so. My drive was too long especially once winter started.
Team environment
LEAD OPTICIAN (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INJune 12, 2018
Would recommend this practice to others. Enjoyed the benefits of working for these doctors at this practice. At the time, management could have been better monitored-overall impression positive.
Enjoyed working here
Direct Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Saylorsburg, PAJune 9, 2018
I really enjoyed working for this company. The work culture and ideals were very integrated into the programs and bestowed upon staff and the adolescents in the program. Staff cared about the kids. Staff was not compensated very well with pay, but as with most nonprofit organizations they never really are. Staff was supportive and helped each other out when possible however in ways that helped with this.
productive and fun place to work
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 7, 2018
working with a great group of staff and youth as well as their families. Had fun as well as assisting them to complete the program in a timely manner.
Pros
network and meet new people and assist youth in positive manner
Would not Reccomend
CCW 1 (Former Employee) –  Franklin, PAMay 9, 2018
I worked with a unit of 16 youth. Supposed to be 8youth to 1 staff. More often then not, I was by myself with 16 youth. Always short staffed. I went to work Friday at 5am and didn't leave until Monday at 10pm. Don't know what it is like now, but fi you get hired good lcuk.
why
Child Care Worker/Center Control (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 27, 2018
why are you making me write a review i just want to fill out applications this is unfair time cinsumeing and not very practical i shoulda just used monster
High paced
Program Director (Former Employee) –  South Mtn PAApril 24, 2018
Very competitive. Commander was the best (Col. Harvey). Cut throat staff who were envious female upper management. A man's world indeed. But women held their own.
Pros
Phyically fit atomosphere
very,respcet
Child Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 23, 2018
This job was the best job I can say I had the peoples there was very very respect nobody was acting funny the skills I learn there was great and outstanding and very very professional
Good company
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Okeechobee, FLMarch 27, 2018
The company paid what it could but it was not easy. The state does not pay DJJ employees. It was a great job with great people to work for & with. I helped quite few kids.
Pros
Pride
Cons
Commute
90s - Present Nothing Changed
Counselor in Training (Former Employee) –  Franklin, MAMarch 25, 2018
I worked at VisionQuest for a short period back in the mid 90's. I learned quickly that this was not the place for me. Not due to the kids but due to Management and the work structure.
I remember my first day showing up for the training and none of the managers had a clue what was going on. The Manager at the time said go set up your sleeping bag in any of the empty trailers. Needless to say the first 3 days it poured and everything turned into a muddy swamp. I eventually found my way into an empty camp house with a few dead rats as roomies. Most of my co-workers at the time I would have to say were "questionable". A few were great and I wish I had the time to build a relationship with them. Most were ex military that just got out of the Army and had no where to go. VisionQuest paid for their transportation so in a ways they became indentured servants.
One of the main things that was the coffin in the nail for me was when one of the trainers said that if a youth ever accused a staff member of inappropriate behavior VisionQuest would not support you.
Pros
Free Food (not good) Some of the People, Being Outdoors.
Cons
Poor Quality Food, Low Paid, Lack of support from Management, Disfunctional Management
Unsafe work place
Child Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Franklin, PAMarch 12, 2018
As a Child care Worker i assisted parents and the company by preparing meals for children, maintaining their hygiene, monitoring them for health, behavioral, and emotional concerns, providing them with age-appropriate instruction and working with parents to ensure that children are learning and socializing in a positive. In January of 2018 All vision quest in North west P.A were SHUT DOWN.
Pros
No Pros
Cons
Unsafe
interesting place to work
Chief Administrator (Former Employee) –  Franklin, PAFebruary 15, 2018
I was given a small chance to make a difference and when I was almost to the point of making a profit, the corporate office closed the facility. The decision to close affected may people and this was something that I took personal.
Great Job
Child Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Franklin, PAFebruary 8, 2018
It was a great atmosphere dealing with, the youths being abLe to help troubled youths refocus and properly get ready to be reintroduced to the world. Traveling the other camps on the quest
Pros
Traveled
Cons
Not enough staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at VisionQuest. Our community is ready to answer.