Visiting Angels
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from Visiting Angels:

Visiting Angels Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA25 reviews
productive workplae
character, integrity and commitment to client needs and employee needs. You can have your assignment changed if not what you are looking for. It is a work relationship for both parties involved and all relationships must work for the betterment of the client and for the employee.
productive and fun place to work.
everyone at work is always communication with each other. everyone is friendly and make work feel like you are a part of a family.....................
Poor experience bad pay
They don’t work with your schedule you don’t get phone calls of encouragement they don’t care for their workers all they care about is money if you’re trying make money and have multiple clients in a good supportive environment this isn’t the job for you
Nice place to work for since linked with CNA Training school
I like best the Supervisors/ Coordinators I worked with. Very human and accommodative to employee requests. The Supervisors were professional, they identified a person's best area and so assigned work accordingly to minimize attrition rate due to transport challenges(as an example)
Marketing positions are all temporary
They bring on sales staff, spend a ton of time ramping them up to be productive and then let them go claiming it is just a "business decision." Judging from the number of former marketing people who don't want to talk about their time at Visiting Angels of Gaithersburg, this appears to be a pattern.

The actual visits with clients and referral sources are very gratifying. But expectations for sales numbers are unrealistic and the goal posts move. Even skipping lunch doesn't allow you time to see as many referral sources as they want. A 90% closure rate for clients you pitch is also unrealistic. Clients that take time to think before signing up count against your numbers. I went in stating that I don't do high pressure sales and I was still hired. You don't find out until later that you have to explain why each client didn't close and the whole team's numbers go down.

The salary is OK and co-workers are great with a few exceptions. The care coordinators are very overworked and stressed. We were told that the companions and aides are well paid but this turns not to be 100% true.

The benefits are not good at all - 10 days off for vacation, personal and sick - combined. The health coverage is poor - high deductibles and high co-pays and the company pays half. They issue paper paychecks so the pre-tax health spending accounts can't be used.

The owner is overworked and doesn't always have the time to devote to the teams that they need. She micromanages small things and will take forever to make decisions about big things.
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Working For Visiting Angels is very rewarding to me.
Working for Visiting Angels is very rewarding the owner is a compassionately person as well as his staff. The staff is very informative about the client 's that I take care of and the staff encourage's caregivers to call staff anytime there is a need to call them they never make you feel uncomfortable anytime I have had to call.
It's an okay place to work if you love helping others
Visiting Angels Gaithersburg Office is fast pace environment. If you love stressful atmosphere, this is the place for you. However, there are a lot of opportunities for creativity to be on display. And several times during the year, The franchise provides rewards to the outstanding caregivers.
Pros
You have an opportunity to serve the community, caring for many people that need your support. You get to meet and know, clients and families.
Cons
No medical coverage for adminstrative staff, no direct deposit and your leave, which is 10 days must be used for both sick and vacation.
Very Cooperative Stuff
I love working with this agency because it gave me the opportunity to connect me with wonderful people. Also the agency did their best in giving me hours with my ever changing school schedules while I was in school, which I am very grateful.
Not the same
I used to work for this company years ago. I didn’t have a vehicle, but was still able to take cases. Now they have someone new that called me to work for them and when I told her I didn’t have a car, she blew me off.

For her to be so haughty, you would think this company would be have been more competitive with their wages, but they still low ball you to this day.

Don’t waste your time.
Productive and fun working at this company and with my clients
It is a good company, I learned alot during the time working with this company.
I did private duty, and with each client, I learned something new.

I learn how to use different types of hoyer lift with this company. It was a great experience.
Pros
I take my lunch with me on the job
No advancement or job security provided
I was a on-call employee in the Visiting Angels.

One of the manager there is very supportive in their management, she is really good with her job.

The hardest part of the job is that when I am not feeling better, or if I got some emergency calls, they would never hear me out. It's terrible.Whenever I have my paycheck, the my check bounce back.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when you are on the facility you get the chance to see and to bond with your co-workerszm
professional company
Pleasant people to work with very concerned about their employers.when a case is over sometimes it's hard to get constant work. Staff is very easy to communicate with as well.
Pros
put you to work
Cons
health benefits
Great team!!
Pay is great when you have an assignment.Great place to work when you have the hours.I have been with Visiting Angels for almost four years. They treat me with respect and offer jobs to me when they can. Before you start a job the supervisor always introduce you to the client and explain your activities and duties that are expected of you. Once a month you have training on different topics and you take a test.
Pros
Amazing team.
Cons
Less hours
Enjoyable and rewarding job
Visiting Angels is a good company with high ideals and a good office environment. The owner and manager are fair with me. I enjoy working with the clients in their homes and assessing them quarterly to be sure their care is good and that they are happy with their care.
Pros
Fair
Cons
Not enough hours each week
The most enjoyable part of the job
Visiting Angels is a God send for people with elderly family members that still want to live a healthy and normal life. We give them the option of staying in the loving family environment that they're accustomed to. I enjoy my job very much and would recommend it to anyone deciding to do this work.
place where you learn and develop your skills
A lot of different culture
at work you learn and develop your skills

the hardest part is to get a full time work

the management is good

a typical day of work consist to go to a client home and take care of him
productive work place
visiting angels is a great company,the staff is wonderful and you get a lot of experience working for them. i have had a great experience with them truly enjoyed them
care giver
Provide care, help elders with their daily living activities. I remind, and provide their medicines whenever they need them.
Pros
social work
Cons
easy learning
Productive and fun working place
Love the staff.great place to begin a career.will recommend it to anyone who wants to start a new job have been there 5yr and counting.love the people great employee and employer relationship.
Good employee, employer relationship
Good place to work when you need flexibility. Visiting clients residence and providing care can be daunting especially overnight, but the satisfaction of knowing that you've made someone comfortable can be rewarding.
Cons
Not a lot of hours
it is near my home ,so it is convenient to work there.
it is normal place you can think of. i have learned to be patient with clients. management is ok here but a lot of turn overs.i get along well with my coworker. hardest part of my job is when patient is delayed to get medication.most enjoyable moment is when i make difference in people's lives.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Visiting Angels. Our community is ready to answer.
1K
2.7
2.9
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Visiting Angels.