Visiting Angels Employee Reviews

Found 1,522 reviews matching the search See all 1,527 reviews
personally rewarding work place
Home Healthcare Aide (Former Employee) –  Bardstown, KYDecember 10, 2018
Visiting Angels constantly offers training and education classes and opportunities. There were not many benefits offered at the time I worked there. The pay was on low end of the pay scale in the industry. The support staff in the office was great , communication was never a problem. This is a great job for health care students as the work can be considered clinical hours in most programs. The work is very rewarding. Expect to work 12 hr shifts and some weekends.
Pros
education and training oppertunities
Cons
long hours and low pay
Easy going job, care for my patient very much
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXDecember 10, 2018
Pay is insufficient for the care we provide. Office staff is not very kind to clients. My orientation when I got hired ended up being 3 weeks after I started, so I was unsure of their policies and procedures. The office staff was very rude about it, when it was their fault.
Pros
Get to work with an amazing and great family
Cons
No insurance, low hours, horrible pay
Productive and reliable work place
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Waxahachie, TXDecember 7, 2018
Love Visiting Angels. They are professional and very helpful in working with their employees. They keep you informed about schedules and up coming jobs.
Nice work
Care Giver (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GADecember 4, 2018
Good place too work. Very Flexible on hours. Always trued to help me when my mom was in the hospital. Tried to find me work after i broke my back. Very nice people
summary
Personal Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VADecember 3, 2018
I have been employed at this company for several years, I will admit that I became comfortable and got stuck the office staff will try to work you to death with no consideration about your personal life as long as you take the shifts when they call you will be fine but the minute you say no you will be overlooked when you try to pick up extra shifts. There are no benefits no raises and no open door policy.
The scheduling clerk was very bossy and demanding
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXDecember 1, 2018
I liked working with the company because they work with hospice patients which has gotten me ready to deal with the fact my mother has cancer. They got paid weekly.
Pros
Cons
Be more polite to their workers
Best working environment I have ever worked for
Professional Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHNovember 30, 2018
I started working for Visiting Angels in my late 50's. I wish now I had started many years ago. Visiting Angels treat their employees fairly. I love being a caregiver and the encouragement and support from Visiting Angels has even made me a better caregiver.
Pros
Support
I like working with them
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MANovember 30, 2018
I was taking care of elderly man with dementia, he is very tough but because of my experience and how i took good care him, he became so comfortable around me.
Great purpose, but short staffed
Field Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Granbury, TXNovember 30, 2018
Some employees have poor work ethic but office does its best to make up for those weak links. Benefits, mileage compensation, training, family based, teamwork
Good job for extra money only, could not live off this job. I love working with the elderly 1 on 1 and Visiting Angels is a great place for that.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hurst, TXNovember 29, 2018
Visiting Angel could never be a main job for me. Only a second job for extra money. They don’t pay enough and I have to much experience and worth for what they pay. However management is very respectful to the employees and that goes a long way with me but not enough that I can ever make it my main job. Also the work isn’t Persistent and that is to be expected in home health. There isn’t anywhere to grow, and keep your skills up working there because it’s mostly low level care needed. I love the one on one care because you can bond and actually give the clients your best. That’s the best part about it. I really don’t have anything bad to say about the hurst location, because it’s not just Visiting Angels with low pay, no benefits, fluctuating hrs. etc. , it’s almost all home health agencies. It’s just the way the business goes. If they give out to much they aren’t making anything themselves and they can only charge the client so much or the client will move on to a different company. Some agencies do pay a $1 or $2 more than Visiting Angels though.
Pros
1 on 1 care, bonds are built, self schedule available
Cons
Under paid, hrs can fluctuate, no pto or benefits, bi weekly pay.
nice place
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  East Providence, RINovember 29, 2018
nice place to work. great people to work with. nice work culture. manager does have a attitude she doesnt do her job. she's always on her phone at work.
Good place to work, just can't stay there forever
Home Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXNovember 24, 2018
Its a nice place to work if you are just starting out as a caregiver. However, after I became a CNA they only gave me a 25 cent raise. They pay is not the best and there are no benefits. I love my clients so much, but I could be making three dollars more at a facility. There were times when I worked every day, even if it was three hours one day. Then there were other times I worked only three times a week. They are normally always looking for people to cover shifts though. It can just been scary going to peoples homes; you never know if they are going to be nice and neat or a hoarder with four cats and a dog. Good place to work, just cant stay there forever.
Pros
Work as much or as little as you want, Good Clients
Cons
Pay, benefits, and going to strangers homes.
Bad management
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glendora, CANovember 21, 2018
The secretaries are very bad with the employees. I felt as if we were in high school again they would get mad if you did not do what they wanted and would cut your hours next time to punish you. They wanted me to drive over 13 miles for a 2 hour shift which was not worth the drive to me.
Fun understanding place to work
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHNovember 21, 2018
I enjoyed the time I spent with each client! Each of the staff were more than helpful and willing to work with me on my schedule! I would definitely refer someon to this company
Dawn is a decent hardworking assistant
Caregiver/Companion (Former Employee) –  Bardstown, KYNovember 20, 2018
Worked with many wonderful clients. Made me appreciate my youth more. Hardest part of the job is lifting. Most enjoyable part is the gratitude I got from my clients.
Cons
multi county employer so you may do a lot of driving at your expense
Review of Fort Wayne, IN office
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INNovember 20, 2018
This is for the Fort Wayne, Indiana office. It could be fast or slow paced. Great support from the office. Office is knowledgeable, understanding and keeps caregivers up to date on client needs. Communication is the key. Flexible schedule. Quick follow ups with caregiver.
Pros
Communication, culture
Cons
Cant think of any
Awesome client relationships.
Caregiver (Full-Time) (Current Employee) –  Durango, CONovember 19, 2018
Lack of recognition.Discouraging management.More negative poked at then positive.Small communication.Clients are awesome and make the job worth it!!!!
Not the same
CNA/HHA (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, VANovember 19, 2018
I used to work for this company years ago. I didn’t have a vehicle, but was still able to take cases. Now they have someone new that called me to work for them and when I told her I didn’t have a car, she blew me off.

For her to be so haughty, you would think this company would be have been more competitive with their wages, but they still low ball you to this day.

Don’t waste your time.
Ovaerhaul Needed
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  El Dorado Springs, MONovember 16, 2018
The entire office staff needs fired and replaced. Not only are they completely out of sync with employees but they have no sense of urgency with their clients.
They don't know employee names, client locations, or client needs. I haven't worked for them in over 6 months and they called me to see if I wanted an extra shift.
REALLY?!
The professionalism is basically zero and the disrespect shown towards clients is reprehensible.
If it wasn't for the great need of care for the clients I would never ever never tell someone to apply there to work.
Pros
Helping the elderly have dignity.
Cons
Everything else.
There is a lack of communication between office staff and the workers.
Personal Care Worker (PCW) (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 16, 2018
The communication over the years has decreased between the staff and workers. The care plans for the clients need to be updated on a more regular basis.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Visiting Angels. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight