Visiting Angels Employee Reviews

Found 1,400 reviews matching the search See all 1,405 reviews
Fantastic job
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Dawsonville, GAOctober 13, 2018
This company is amazing just wish they had more hours for me to work, they are letting me work 30 hour weeks when I started off working 45 hour weeks and I could’ve really used the money
Visiting Angels
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZOctober 13, 2018
A typical day at Visiting Angels was nice and calm. I assist seniors at their home with cooking, showers, drive to doctor appointments. I loved working with the seniors because they were nice and interesting. They would tell me about their life growing up in their hometown. Showed pictures of their family and talked about their life. I found it interesting working for the seniors
Pros
I had nice people to work for
Cons
Salary was low.
Home Health Worker
Home Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, NJOctober 13, 2018
I enjoyed working for this company. I grew attached to my clients whom I worked with during my time at this job. I was able to work as much or as little as I wanted. I would and I have recommended this company to my family and friends.
Pros
Flexiable work hours
Cons
Sometimes it could be long dry spells between clients.
The staff are helpful, informative.
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVOctober 12, 2018
Visiting Angels is a wonderful company. They provided gloves, which is a blessing. I have no complaint, other than the low pay. I take this profession very seriously. Maintaining ones dignity and meeting their personal needs IS a skill. I believe great caregivers should be compensated, appropriately.
Pros
They have always given me the hours I needed and a flexible schedule.
Cons
Disappointing pay
Enjoyed my time with the family I worked with
Home Health Aide (HHA) (Former Employee) –  Morehead, KYOctober 12, 2018
I only worked with one family and that only ended when the patient was transferred to a nursing home. I loved how close I was able to get with the family and there was a strong bond between the clients and I.
Pros
Family environment, treated as family
Cons
Job security depending on the patients you work with
I love my Job
Client Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Richmond, KYOctober 9, 2018
Visiting Angels of Richmond is a wonderful place to work. I have advanced in the company since I started 2 years ago. As we grow more benefits are being added and the training is increasing. Knowing I am making a difference in someones life, makes what I do for a living something that I love.
Pros
Flexable work schedule
Cons
No health insurance
It was ok
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 9, 2018
Great patients learned a lot about dementia patients. Great families, great patients, I love every patient I ever had the pleasure of working with. Very appreciative
Cons
Excellent people to work with
Office Manager and Administrator (Current Employee) –  Humble, TXOctober 6, 2018
Caregivers go to clients homes or facilities and help with anything they may need help with bathing dressing, meals, errands, taking them to dr visits.

Office Manager: perform new client assessments gather information on how we can be helpful to them and how many hours and which days they would like help.
Hire Caregivers and preform background checks on them,check references, schedule caregivers that best suit clients needs.
Process Payroll, make sure caregivers are kept current on their continuing education credits.
Pros
Helping people and the managers keep it challenging.
Cons
When client pass away
Family friendly environment. Quality service.
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Abilene, TXOctober 4, 2018
I help families who have family member’s with Alzheimer’s or other illnesses that are in need of help. The other caregivers and I work as a team to provide 24/7 service to those families that need our help.
You get to meet new people and my boss is honestly the best!
Professional Health Caregiver (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, CAOctober 3, 2018
I love this company they are extremely flexible and always keep you in mind when they recieve new clients so they can give you the best stable schedule. I love the ladies in the office! The fact that you meet the most incredible clients is the best because you build such an amazing bond with them.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Distant drives (depending where you live)

Want to know more about Visiting Angels?

Ask a question
Awful Company
Scheduler Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Newington, CTOctober 1, 2018
Poorly run company.Low salary,no benefits. No breaks and you must eat lunch at your desk.New employees are not given proper training.The only training they do is have you sit and watch a video.There is no room for advancement.
My favorite company!!
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Glendora, CASeptember 29, 2018
Visiting Angels was an amazing experience. They are great for hiring new CNA and giving them the experience to further their careers in the field they are working towards.
Competive, somewhat stressful but flexible hours and variety of tasks
Personal Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Boerne, TXSeptember 29, 2018
A typical day is a day like being at home with a family member both stressful and joyful. I learned to patient and how to interact with the ederly also how to distribute medications and multitask. Management is at a distance and mainly discussions are over the phone or by text. The hardest part of the job is be aware of dangerous situations and possible death. The most enjoyable part of the day is watching shows with the clients, cooking for them and having some conversation and sometimes running errands.
Pros
Fee time
Cons
Urgent care, hospitalization
Productive and interesting work place.
CNA (Former Employee) –  Groton, CTSeptember 27, 2018
Visiting Angels offers lots of new challenges, lots of variety of people to enjoy and dollar bonuses if you take or fill-in for a job they are having trouble to fill, or if they need to fill this job quickly. They are very pleasant to work with.
Pros
Congenial people in the office.
Cons
Need more work.
Care Intensive
HCA (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, WASeptember 27, 2018
I provided care for all activities for daily living for elderly patients in local homes and care facilities. I learned dementia care practices while working for Visiting Angels.
Was a nice company to work with
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXSeptember 26, 2018
I loved working with the patients, but there always seemed to be a high turnover in the office staff. The job entailed changing patients diapers because they couldn’t do it themselves. Cleaning the patients daily as well as preparing all of their meals. And making sure they were always taking their medications.
Pros
Being able to run errands with the patients and getting them out of the house.
Cons
Some patients could become violent with you in just a blink of an eye.
Loved the short shifts, hated the low pay
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 25, 2018
Visiting Angels mostly provides respite coverage for family caregivers which means lots of short shifts are available, and you could work with a bunch of different families. It's probably half personal care and half alzheimers supervision. I had assignments that I hated and some that I loved. The flexibility is unmatched. The pay is not a living wage
vary from location. individual owners
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 25, 2018
inconsistency in hours and pay. good part time job.hard to give a review. this is a franchise, and every office is run and managed differently. So not a easy review.
Pros
great clients
Cons
irregular hours. irregular reviews
I enjoyed working here
caregiver (Former Employee) –  Portland, OR 97225September 25, 2018
If you've ever worked in a CNA type job I promise this is much easier but still reminiscent. The thing I appreciated that there was always hours for me even if my regular clients canceled. They always need workers and they always have other clients for you to work with if you are not compatible with the ones you're assigned to and they always try to find clients in your area so you don't have to travel too far. Once you've got an established schedule it's fairly regular. They also have shifts ranging from 4-12 hours. The management is good and kind and always understanding.
only care about $ coming in
In-Home Caregiver (Former Employee) –  De Pere, WI 54115September 25, 2018
They loaded us up with as many clients as possible just to get their $. They never did any background checks etc on new employees. I put application in and started the following day

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Visiting Angels. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight