Visiting Angels Employee Reviews

Self Rewarding
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Mount Airy, MDAugust 19, 2018
The best part about working for Visiting Angels is the work is very self rewarding. The people that you work with are very friendly.The other thing is the fact that you can work as many and as little hours as you need day or evening and weekend hours.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
hourly wage
Work independently
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Germantown, WIAugust 17, 2018
Travel to client's home, ADLs. Clients have many life stories, Each client's home is different. Management is hard to connect with. The passing of a client is always hard. Being there and praying with them as they pass.
Pros
Working with people
Cons
management
Employment
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Upland, CAAugust 17, 2018
I will never work there again, culture was that of management chastising staff in public, no support from upper management or other co-workers, I learned that no matter what with my experience and work ethics I did not need to work in an environment so toxic.
Great company
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  South Elgin, ILAugust 16, 2018
The owner of the company really cares about people. She makes sure that the proper care is given to each client. The only thing bad is all of the pop ups by management and pay could be better.
Pros
Stability
Cons
Pay
Would not recommend working here
CNA (Former Employee) –  TexasAugust 16, 2018
This company is non medical so if you are a CNA, LVN or RN you can’t do CPR or anything medical. Hardly any hours and you won’t get full time sometimes not even part time hours when you do it only for a short period of time. Working from 8 or less hours a week to 23. The hours are not guaranteed and stable work. You can go months without anything or hardly any hours at all. Meet and greets feel rushed they go over the careplans but leave you to figure out what you are really suppose to do. So you go in not sure what to do the office will call you on the SECOND day on the job and expect you to know what to do. The pay isn’t great for caregivers and they charge the clients too much for care. And on holidays they charge them more. Plus, NO benefits or room for advancement. So if you need something with full time don’t apply here. They tell you they have work and good hours but really it’s not. I don’t recommend working here.
Pros
Clients
Cons
No hours, no benefits, nothing full time, leaving early all the time.
working with senior citizens
In Home Service Aide (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 14, 2018
i really enjoy working with people. I found working for visiting angels rewarding because being about to help another person out in their time of need is my calling.
Pros
working with people
Cons
low wages, no over time pay
Terrible Management
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  petal, msAugust 13, 2018
I loved all of my patients but the management was terrible. They were very unorganized and weren't very willing to work with you. they would call last minute and ask you to take a shift, they were very unprofessional.
Pros
Patients
Cons
Enjoyed contact with clients, very gratifying
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Marble Falls, TXAugust 13, 2018
A typical day at work would include meeting the family caregiver who would then give instructions and depart, leaving me with the client. I would take care of the caregiver's needs while family was either gone or otherwise busy.

Most clients were very appreciative. The hardest part of the job for me was when clients who did not think clearly yelled at me or acted out. In addition, I felt it difficult to just sit and keep someone company rather than keeping busy at a task.

The most enjoyable part of the job was when I could do something to make the client happy, or run an errand for them, or if I did a lot of housekeeping, when the family caregiver returned, they complimented me on the work.

Family caregivers who gave me instructions were often very appreciative.
Pros
Pleasing clients
Cons
Sat around with little to do a lot of the time
Need to pay staff more than 9.00hr
CAREGIVER (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 13, 2018
you are working with different types of people, some need help toileting, trouble taking meds, have to cook meals, wash clothes, sweep or mop, run errands, etc,etc,etc. Some patients have Dementia or Alzheimer's and its a hard day sometimes with those types of people.
Pros
you can schedule your own hours
Cons
did not take out federal taxes so I could file taxes at the end of the year
great compassionate people to work for
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAAugust 12, 2018
Kind and compassionate work staff , most of the time very understanding if you needed time off for personal reasons . when changing the schedule they did a great job of accommodating all involved most of the time .
Pros
provided all neccasary tools to do a good job
Cons
Pay is not compariable to other states

Want to know more about Visiting Angels?

Ask a question
Poorly managed
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 11, 2018
I'll talk to the woman that owns the service and she lied right to my face several times very unprofessional waste of time total waste time ! worst ex
Pros
Cons
The owners and management
Excellent environment to care for others
Private Care Agent (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 10, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job is that I did what i can do and love to do. On a typical day at work I took care of a client by bathing them, cooking for them.
Pros
bus transportation
Nursing
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Lackawanna County, PAAugust 10, 2018
Pay scale is way to low, no room for improvement or promotions.
Management and Scheduling need to be properly trained, not enough staff to cover shifts. Too many doubles because of staff not showing up for work. The company needs to have more staff meetings. Working environments needs to be evaluated on regular visits to accommodate the staff wants and needs to properly care for the residents.
Pros
No paid overtime
Cons
Embarrassing pay scale
Super flexible hours. They work with your schedule and get the clients taken care of.
Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, GAAugust 10, 2018
I believe they should be more honest about ADL’s of each client but they are very flexible with time off needed. If I do need time off, they’re good about helping give hours to replace it.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Disorganized
Good company to work for, nice people and nice working environment
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT/OFFICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, GAAugust 10, 2018
I enjoyed working for this company. After one year on the job, I was told I would be eligible for a raise but they said they could not afford it. I left because I was paying for my own insurance (none provided) and wanted to find a job that offered benefits.
Pros
Nice people and working environment
Cons
No benefits
eeh
In-home caregiver (Former Employee) –  Kennewick, WAAugust 10, 2018
I loved my clients but the management was bad. Even the clients would complain about management because they weren't organized at all. They would lose time sheets.
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOAugust 9, 2018
The office staff was one of the best in all of my jobs I had ever had. I loved helping people do the thnings they could not do anymore. I wish I could of stayed with the company
Awful company
Aide/caregiver/Cna (Former Employee) –  Sykesville, MDAugust 8, 2018
They collect $24-25 from client and pay $8-9.50 to aide/ caregiver. Meanwhile most companies now pay from $12-18 per hour. Visiting angels is just terrible no caregiver should waste their precious time working with them. They’re a lot of companies with much more pay and benefits
Delightful
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXAugust 5, 2018
Working with the clients was delightful. There was support from office whenever your fan into a problem. Very much a team environment. I would recommend this place to anyone
Amazing Company!!
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Lowell, ARAugust 4, 2018
I absolutely loved working for Visiting Angels and only stopped working for them due to finding employment that pays better money!!! I would definetly return!!
Pros
Great Company
Cons
Low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Visiting Angels. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.7

2.5Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight