Visiting Angels Employee Reviews

working with senior citizens
In Home Service Aide (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 14, 2018
i really enjoy working with people. I found working for visiting angels rewarding because being about to help another person out in their time of need is my calling.
Pros
working with people
Cons
low wages, no over time pay
Terrible Management
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  petal, msAugust 13, 2018
I loved all of my patients but the management was terrible. They were very unorganized and weren't very willing to work with you. they would call last minute and ask you to take a shift, they were very unprofessional.
Pros
Patients
Cons
Enjoyed contact with clients, very gratifying
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Marble Falls, TXAugust 13, 2018
A typical day at work would include meeting the family caregiver who would then give instructions and depart, leaving me with the client. I would take care of the caregiver's needs while family was either gone or otherwise busy.

Most clients were very appreciative. The hardest part of the job for me was when clients who did not think clearly yelled at me or acted out. In addition, I felt it difficult to just sit and keep someone company rather than keeping busy at a task.

The most enjoyable part of the job was when I could do something to make the client happy, or run an errand for them, or if I did a lot of housekeeping, when the family caregiver returned, they complimented me on the work.

Family caregivers who gave me instructions were often very appreciative.
Pros
Pleasing clients
Cons
Sat around with little to do a lot of the time
Need to pay staff more than 9.00hr
CAREGIVER (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 13, 2018
you are working with different types of people, some need help toileting, trouble taking meds, have to cook meals, wash clothes, sweep or mop, run errands, etc,etc,etc. Some patients have Dementia or Alzheimer's and its a hard day sometimes with those types of people.
Pros
you can schedule your own hours
Cons
did not take out federal taxes so I could file taxes at the end of the year
great compassionate people to work for
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAAugust 12, 2018
Kind and compassionate work staff , most of the time very understanding if you needed time off for personal reasons . when changing the schedule they did a great job of accommodating all involved most of the time .
Pros
provided all neccasary tools to do a good job
Cons
Pay is not compariable to other states
Poorly managed
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 11, 2018
I'll talk to the woman that owns the service and she lied right to my face several times very unprofessional waste of time total waste time ! worst ex
Pros
Cons
The owners and management
Excellent environment to care for others
Private Care Agent (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 10, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job is that I did what i can do and love to do. On a typical day at work I took care of a client by bathing them, cooking for them.
Pros
bus transportation
Nursing
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Lackawanna County, PAAugust 10, 2018
Pay scale is way to low, no room for improvement or promotions.
Management and Scheduling need to be properly trained, not enough staff to cover shifts. Too many doubles because of staff not showing up for work. The company needs to have more staff meetings. Working environments needs to be evaluated on regular visits to accommodate the staff wants and needs to properly care for the residents.
Pros
No paid overtime
Cons
Embarrassing pay scale
Super flexible hours. They work with your schedule and get the clients taken care of.
Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, GAAugust 10, 2018
I believe they should be more honest about ADL’s of each client but they are very flexible with time off needed. If I do need time off, they’re good about helping give hours to replace it.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Disorganized
Good company to work for, nice people and nice working environment
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT/OFFICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, GAAugust 10, 2018
I enjoyed working for this company. After one year on the job, I was told I would be eligible for a raise but they said they could not afford it. I left because I was paying for my own insurance (none provided) and wanted to find a job that offered benefits.
Pros
Nice people and working environment
Cons
No benefits
eeh
In-home caregiver (Former Employee) –  Kennewick, WAAugust 10, 2018
I loved my clients but the management was bad. Even the clients would complain about management because they weren't organized at all. They would lose time sheets.
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOAugust 9, 2018
The office staff was one of the best in all of my jobs I had ever had. I loved helping people do the thnings they could not do anymore. I wish I could of stayed with the company
Awful company
Aide/caregiver/Cna (Former Employee) –  Sykesville, MDAugust 8, 2018
They collect $24-25 from client and pay $8-9.50 to aide/ caregiver. Meanwhile most companies now pay from $12-18 per hour. Visiting angels is just terrible no caregiver should waste their precious time working with them. They’re a lot of companies with much more pay and benefits
Delightful
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXAugust 5, 2018
Working with the clients was delightful. There was support from office whenever your fan into a problem. Very much a team environment. I would recommend this place to anyone
Amazing Company!!
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Lowell, ARAugust 4, 2018
I absolutely loved working for Visiting Angels and only stopped working for them due to finding employment that pays better money!!! I would definetly return!!
Pros
Great Company
Cons
Low pay
It depends on caretakers expectations
CNA companion (Current Employee) –  Topeka, KSAugust 4, 2018
I am honest that I drive out of town to three current clients there are no benefits because this is sporadic clientele and their needs. Yes mileage should be covered. My boss took me off one client for safety issues without argument. My rotator cuff vs clients dead weight. If you have open mind and are willing to volunteer take the calls then you are more than likely to get more hours
Pros
All.
Cons
No mileage pay
The company is a nice place to start with
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 4, 2018
Management really didn't bother you unless of course you forgot to clock in but overall it was relaxed. You didn't get paid time off or sick leave. It was a start.
Loved the company and my clients
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXAugust 4, 2018
Great Company, great team and staff. Had fun developing new business along with attendance to health fairs and community events.
Owners are awesome people and give 100% and more, very supportive
Pros
great team
Cons
Too many politics in the industry
no hours
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORAugust 3, 2018
no hours available. i cannot afford to work their with no hours i cant even afford to get my own place even with my boyfriends job and help. i work on average of 8 hours a week.
Flexable hours willing to eork with scudule
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Cullman, ALAugust 2, 2018
It was great working for this company for the short time i did. Loved working with the patients in their homes. Also being able to try and give my patients a quility of life really enjoy working with the community.
Pros
Flexable hours got to travel
Cons
Not enough pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Visiting Angels. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.7

2.5Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight