Visiting Angels Employee Reviews

Great Part Time Job
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXMay 22, 2018
This is a great job for someone looking to make extra money on the side. Great staff! Great clients! Flexible hours. Somewhat challenging depending on the clients.
Pros
Laid back
Cons
Few hours
No work available
CAREGIVER POSITIONS (Current Employee) –  Valencia, CAMay 21, 2018
There were appearently not many patients available to support the number of caregivers trained for their jobs. That's why I'm looking for other positions.
Pros
Good training
Cons
No work
Horrible place to work
Caregiving (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHMay 19, 2018
A horrible place to work. Very unethical practices and very poor management. A company that only cares about money and not the well-being of their clients and hard working employees. Very high turnover rate. Owner is very racist. However, does support alcoholism and drug use.
Pros
There are none
Cons
Too many to list
Good caregiving opportunity
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 18, 2018
Flexible and easy to work with, pay was very poor, owners and staff very friendly and great to work with, no benefits at all but the owner did provide me with 40 hrs of paid vacation while i was there.
Pros
Easy to work with
Cons
no benefits
Not bad..
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newington, CTMay 17, 2018
It’s a good place to work. You have the option to pick up whenever you want. Texts msgs get sent out daily, with case all across the state. I would recommend to have a car.
New management was very biased and religious
Home Health Aide (HHA) (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COMay 15, 2018
Hours were a lot 60+ per week or reduced to 16hrs per week. Clientele was very particular and situation was harmful and in appropriate for ANY HHA. Dangerous!
Pros
working alone
Cons
working with patients who were out of our scope of care
excellent company
Home Health Aide/Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Marmora, NJMay 13, 2018
A typical day at work is depending on how your client is and the attitude you in. I learned that is important to communicate with the office in everything and other caregivers for the well being of the client.
Bed bug issue
Employee (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CAMay 12, 2018
There was and I'm certain still is lack of communication from the new owners at the agency, Visiting Angels. Please inform your employees ahead of time when a bed bug issue arises. The EL CAJON agency is shady and I would think twice before applying at this location.

There is no need to hide important information when it comes to a bed bug infestation from a caregiver whom works for Visiting Angels and causes a domino affect in client's homes...(if you know what I mean). The agency does care about making money!

If it weren't for us caregivers your agency wouldn't make it so think twice before you make false accusation about caregivers. There will be a time when your business will go down because of insanitary conditions at clients homes being hush hush from the owners. I hope your employees stand up for themselves as I have because the new owners are taking advantage of clients and caregivers.
Pros
Cons
Lack of communication from owners at the El Cajon location.
Well managed
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 11, 2018
Visiting angels is a very kind and efficient company to work for. Good communication with their employees. Flexible with schedules. Decent pay. Hardest part of job is driving far distances for clients.
productive and fun workplace
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  East Providence, RIMay 11, 2018
Some days where ruff and some not. to let the client make his/her own decision only if its good for them. love the management. fun, fast and sometimes hectic. leaving my clients. Being with them and learning more about them.
Pros
enjoyed every moment
Cons
leaving
I had a very pisitive experience i especially liked my RN
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Mankato,mn office waseca areaMay 11, 2018
I feel like visiting angels hired me with no home health experience but gave me the training and skills I needed to get started with clients. i enjoyed all clients and the challenge to learn and gain the experience to move forward because I really like this type of work. The office and team I worked with did a great job fitting me with right client and we're very good about hours and schedule I could work
Pros
Gain a lot of experience
Cons
I was in a small community and a lot of 3 or 4 hr cases
Its a good place
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 9, 2018
I like working for them just feel like we should get paid more. It has good days and some bad days. Just working here to better myself. I would recommend people to apply for this company
Pros
They are good people
Cons
Need to pay a little more to the caregivers
nice place to work
CAREGIVER (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXMay 7, 2018
It is overall a great place to work. I have learned how to work with clients and assisting them with their daily routines. The hardest part of the job is not getting enough hours.
Learning experience
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAMay 7, 2018
Visiting Angel was a intern site for me when I was doing Certified Nursing Assistant. It help me decide if I wanted to stick with CNA. It was learning experience.
Management was overworked but caring
Live-in caregiver (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAMay 4, 2018
As a live-in caregiver I was responsible for all aspects of my clients physical and emotional care. These folks became family and were the most enjoyable aspect of my job. I thought the work was easy and enjoyable. A typical day would include helping a client with dressing and undressing and any personal hygiene, meal preparation, pampering throughout the day. Walks daily and day car trips every couple of weeks were part of our routine.
Management at my office appeared to carry heavy caseloads but were always friendly and helpful.
Pros
Wonderful clients to work with
Cons
Lack of veacation or sick leave
No Benefits, Raises or Career Advancement
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Temple Terrace, FLMay 3, 2018
Contract work, you bite the bullet for eveything. If looking for a job that has benefits or raises look elsewhere. People in the office or nice and friendly. Good for those who are in school or need to work around family life.
Pros
Felxible schedules
Cons
No benefits
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMay 3, 2018
Providing care for residents
Team work
Building relationships with client
Helping with oral hygiene
Communication skills are good
Helping transform residents to place
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
It is not a good place to work
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Frankenmuth, MIMay 2, 2018
It doesn't give you a very good schedule to work with. You never know when you are going to get paid and your schedule is always messed up. Plus you only get one scrub top that you have to wear to every client's house.
Great Company
Veterans Regional ManagerPatient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXMay 1, 2018
I enjoyed my time as a manager here. All the locations were helpful and great. Takes good focus and great people skills with clients and employees. Recommended.
Health services
SCHEDULING COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAApril 30, 2018
Visiting Angels was a good learning experience as a patient /client scheduler and interviewer I learned a lot and meet many people. Staff was great and fun place to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Visiting Angels. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.8

2.6Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight