Visiting Angels Employee Reviews

Found 1,824 reviews matching the search See all 1,831 reviews
Love the work itself
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INMarch 18, 2019
I love doing home health but the company wanted to cut my pay 2$an hour with no explanation and my client involved me in a situation and managment wouldn't return phone calls. A lot of broken promises as well....
Rude and very unprofessional
CAREGIVER (Former Employee) –  Tolland, CTMarch 17, 2019
Office in tolland,CT Lady in front is very rude and unhelpful. She talks to you like you junk and have no respect for their employees. She shouldnt have a position working with the public if she doesnt know how to properly talk to people. Very unprofessional and would never ever let any one i know work for them.
Cons
no breaks, dont pay for gas
Enjoy working with clients.
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIMarch 17, 2019
The clients are the best part of the job. The management is not the greatest. The scheduling department is not the best at communications between staff and clients and office.
Amazing Company
Alternate Administrator (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXMarch 14, 2019
I have worked for this company almost FIVE years. I will tell you that your boss will take care of you. If you are working hard just know it does not go unnoticed. Yes, things get stressful sometimes, but there is not a job out there that is 100% stress free.
Pros
Competitive Salary, Locally Owned, Benefits
Cons
Stressful and High paced at times
Co-operation in work place
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eureka, CAMarch 14, 2019
There is no co-operation. None of the care co-ordinators or managers tell you anything about the client because they are so afraid you will take business away from them that most things are kept secret. That creates problems when trying to do your job correctly. They will work you till you drop dead.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Very negative place to work.
So unorganized
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, WVMarch 13, 2019
They are extremely unorganized. Approximately 2 weeks after I was hired noone contacted me about working shifts. I emailed the manager 3-4 times before I received a response (by that time I had already started searching for a new job).I called the main office where they informed me that they "just didnt have the shifts right now". When the manager finally got ahold of me (via text message) she said "I thought you were looking for a new job" and that I could contact the main office if I had any questions...I wouldn't reccomend anyone waste their time with this company
Pros
Cons
Pay rate, Poor management, unorganized, unprofessional
Was a non stressful job. Enjoyed my clients
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZMarch 12, 2019
Just not enough on going hours. I would have loved to have a client continuously but that doesn’t happen often as they only need services as needed from what I got from clients.
Pros
Meeting and getting to know clients
Cons
No hours
Productive and ready to work
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Humble, TXMarch 12, 2019
I enjoy taking care of the elderly because I also take care of my grandmother . The pace at work is fast so I’m fine with that. The most enjoyable party of the job is that you’re always meeting someone new every time, different smiles.
Pros
Breaks, healthcare, flexible hours, etc.
Cons
Short breaks
Worst management ever
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTMarch 12, 2019
They just care about money, not about who is working for them or who their clients are. These guys honestly didn't care about anyone except themselves. They preach about caring for people, but they don't follow it at all.
Apply at your own risk
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIMarch 12, 2019
Management and schedulers are unprofessional! They're disrespectful and do not care about they're caregivers. They preach about caregivers maintaing great communication but you won't get the same in return. They try to bully you into working shifts. They place you into shifts that you didn't accept and make it a hassle to get out of them. And they dont update their caregivers on when their shifts have been canceled. There has been countless times that I've gotten all the way to a client's home just to find that no one is home or got turned around because the client's family didnt need a caregiver.
Pros
You meet a lot of great people and awesome coworkers
Cons
Unprofessional, no mileage, etc.
overused
Care Giver (Former Employee) –  Kennewick, WAMarch 11, 2019
A good place to get your feet wet in the care giving field. However, if you are a competent, compassionate, care giver you are overused until you're burnt out and quit.
Pros
Experience in the culture of care
Cons
Can disillusion the finest of us.
Nice job
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  White Bear Lake, MNMarch 9, 2019
Nice place to work if you are looking for part time work. There are various shifts to work. Employees call in sick so you will be called a lot to cover shifts.
Amazing place to work
Care giver (Former Employee) –  Newberg, ORMarch 7, 2019
Visiting angels was an amazing place to work. My manger always helped find the perfect client for me. Any time there was an issue it was fixed right away.
Management was willing to listen and be there for me as an employee and treated me with respect and appreciation.
I would highly recommend this company to anyone looking for employment or those who are looking for in home care.
i like there casual dress shirts.
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greencastle, INMarch 5, 2019
they reward there caregivers with more than a christmas card, they recognize no call offs, anniversaries, extras bonuses. they also have an app that you can clock in and out of, and check pay stubs.
Pros
they pay well
Cons
too far to drive to there office. emails and text meesages work well.
a good work place
Visiting Angels, Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAMarch 5, 2019
i don't have anything bad to say about visiting angles i loved working there i'm just looking for something different, i monitors patients condition by osbserving physical and mental condition, intake and output, and exercise
NIce people and quickly found me work
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAMarch 4, 2019
Nice people found me full time client right away unfortunatley my client is now in a memory facility and the family has scaled back the number of hours we are needed.
Pros
non
Cons
lack of comunication and that they dont respond to calls on the weekends
Visiting Angels
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 1, 2019
This is a great way to gain experience with your healthcare caregiving experience.

nice company , staff is like family a lot of clients needed to be taken care of with great patience and guidance
Pros
community
Cons
pay rate low
I loved working for them!!! I would do it again in a heart beat!
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDFebruary 28, 2019
I loved working in Sioux Falls, SD for Visiting Angels. They were so welcoming and willing to work with me around my schedule and they really tried hard to fulfill the hours I needed. I would work for them again should I return to Sioux Falls SD. I highly recommend them to anyone!
Pros
They worked hard to give me the clients and hours that I needed.
Cons
Being placed into a smoking environment when I stated I was allergic to smoke.
Small Caring Company
Caregiver/Companion (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEFebruary 28, 2019
The owner is very hands on and very caring. As well as management. Only drawback is getting too close to The clients. You are warned not to but it can’t be helped you form a bond with the clients. No one can tell you NOT to care more when you are with them everyday and for some of these people YOU are their only contact.
Ok job
Professional Caregiver (Former Employee) –  AlabamaFebruary 28, 2019
I would suggest this job for someone who is trying to gain some experience in the profession. Pay is very little. If you try to get a raise, you are pretty much making yourself out to be a joke. But, the job itself is a wonderful job. Clients are great. I have had somewhat of a positive experience with the scheduling and care coordinators. The scheduling gets very confusing when there are too many people trying to do the same job. So, if you need time off, always have some kind of confirmation that the scheduling coordinator received the request (text or email) or else your shift will be "forgotten" about and your shift will not be covered. But, overall I have had a good experience. But, with zero benefits and zero raises and if work slacks due to client illness or death, you should really have a backup plan for income.
Pros
Great clients and flexible schedules
Cons
low pay, no benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Visiting Angels. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Visiting Angels.

Powered by Comparably