Visiting Angels

Visiting Angels insights

Based on 1,766 survey responses
What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job

productive workplae

character, integrity and commitment to client needs and employee needs. You can have your assignment changed if not what you are looking for. It is a work relationship for both parties involved and all relationships must work for the betterment of the client and for the employee.

Calm atmosphere

The pay isn’t worth going to this company!Your really don’t work unless you have no kids you have to pick up at a certain time. I have the experience

Pros

Ideal atmosphere

Cons

The starting pay rate

Management and office staff generally tried to make the job better

For my first 3 years, I had a really hard time getting enough hours without driving around to many different clients. So I wound up spending a lot of time in my car, especially because I was living out in the county, or my clients were all over town and sometimes in other towns. It was frustrating and hard on me, and it was hard on my car.I also never felt like I got sufficient training so that I felt competent in what I was doing. I had to wing pretty much everything and that can be incredibly stressful, especially when filling in for a high needs client, or when they fall, or when starting out with a hospice client.Also, the training that we did was not compensated for by the company, so I tried to do it when I had downtime at work, which wasn't ideal and only worked when I had data because most clients didn't have wi-fi.

Pros

Office staff did their best to make job better, Some clients were very nice and working with them was fun, I did get raises (made $16.16 after over 3 years), got bonuses sometimes, matching program for IRA

Cons

Often a stressful job with insufficient training, no paid training, hard to get enough hours, wear and tear on car

Great place

I'm a caregiver for my father. I like it because it has great employees. The pay could be better but it comes from the VA. The management is fantastic and works well with you.

Great company to work for.

My day at work is always enjoyable, the people treat me with respect and it is a joy to have them around. They always communicate with me. This company has a positive culture.

Pros

best place to work

Care to share?

Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.

Good company to work for.

I've been with the company for about 3 months now and I like it. Everyone in the office is nice and professional. The clients I had so far was paired perfect for me.

Pros

A good company to work for and staff is understanding and professional.

Cons

Pay could be better.

They say they have work but dont

They hire you then say they can give you all these hours but give you like none. They don't do anything with covid. If you tell them you have been around covid they shun you for it. Pay isn't even worth what they have you do for them. Went into this field of work wantinf to help people and they have ruined it for me.

Pros

N/a

Cons

No breaks, No hours, bad pay, bad communication

Farmington/ Cape branch

I've worked for this company for 3 years now, and honestly it has been the best company I have ever worked for. They have amazing management that offers support not only for work issues but personal life as well when needed. They work hard to match you with clients that fit your own personality. They never ask you to run yourself into the ground for them and they take care of their workers just as much as their workers take care of their clients!

Pros

Amazing pay, amazing support staff, bonuses, training, hours

Cons

Healthcare

Visiting Angels truly cares about their clients and employees

Visiting Angels has an open door policy and you can speak directly with the Registered Nurse or the owner any time night or day. They are very respectful of client and employee personal goals and needs.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Often short staffed due to the caregiver shortage.

The appreciation and the loyalty and respect

Great place to work ! I only left to finish college full time and focus only on school ! Loved taking care of people, being there and supporting the families and residents and clients.

Pros

They had a bonus wheel for special prices when you received recognition

Cons

Worked to much lol not to much time with my own family

Not Happy

Company charges entirely too much to clients and pays employees very little. Clients had to change companies at their most important time of need because of high costs.

Work is available

The pay rate is really low, the driving is definitely a distance and no mileage reimbursement. Do not offer uniform shirts, some clients don’t allow you to use your phone in that 8-12 hr shift, some overnight shifts are not equipped for overnight service,

Pros

Bonuses for filling in for unwanted client

Cons

No mileage reimbursement low pay wages

Meeting people

Poor pay , no growth . The hours are ridiculous. Sometimes one can be scheduled for only 3 hours . Pay was often 10 dollars before tax. Can’t recommend them .

Flexible, and Reliable

I've worked for the company for 2 years and I have always been able to pay my bills. When ever I needed more hours they didn't hesitate to give them, and if I needed to call off they didn't make me feel bad for it. They work with you, and if you work with them you'll always have a job and a client who fits you.Also, if you cannot lift more than 35lbs TELL THEM so you won't hurt your back like I did.

Pros

Flexible, incentive pay, and reliability

Cons

Hurt my back lifting a client 😣

Staff is dedicated to providing the highest quality care.

Visiting Angeles is a great company to work for!! They try to provide there employees and clients with the best employee, client care available and that is something I look for in a company.

Pros

They are very understanding, and flexible with your schedule.

Cons

Would like to see more benefits!!

Love my patients thats why i stay

Working for this company is stressful you can check your schedule one hour and ready to quit for the day and there has been patients added to your day without communication

Pros

Cons

No communication schedule changes with no warning

This is a fun caring place to work.

The owner of this franchise really cares about the people that work for her. The office staff is amazing, very helpful and friendly. I would recommend this particular franchise.

Meaningful Work

The work you do is meaningful but it can be difficult at times. Management was great at my location but I have had different experiences at other office locations. The job is what you make it, have to have a passion for helping others

Responsive employers who put you with compatible clients

Home health workers should definitely get payed more, especially since the hours change often. The management in the company I work for really knows what they're doing. They make sure that caregivers are pared well with clients and have succeeded in creating an inclusive environment for everyone.

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Low pay

Appreciative towards employees, wonderful team, great flexibility, fair pay.

I have never felt l so valued and appreciated working for visiting angels. Their team feels like home. They are wonderful with flexibility, pay and have outstanding communication. The pay is fair and reasonable. The office is so helpful in anyway they need to be, and you feel like they always have your back. Helping the elderly is the most gratifying and rewarding thing to do. It gives you a sense of purpose to help others in need of love and support. If you have a passion for helping people, it is the perfect fit. 10/10 would suggest working here.

Average

My immediate supervisor lacked communication between her, the clients, and me. I felt needed and appreciated by the clients, but not the company. Good luck!

Cons

Very low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Visiting Angels. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.3K

Ratings from women

2.9
InHerSight Score
2.4Personal Development
3.4Career Opportunities
2.7Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Visiting Angels with

• Visiting Angels
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?