Visiting Nurse Association of Florida Employee Reviews

Can a no star be given?
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Stuart, FLFebruary 3, 2019
You can be on time, educated, great at what you do, a team player and everything they “say” they want in an employee, they will still criticize your work even after your training is horrible, they will give you ZERO paid holidays, you’ll have to be forced to take your own accrued PTO for Christmas and Thanksgiving, they pay you for nothing! You have to take your own Sick and Vacation time if you want to have a day off or it’s a one of the two holidays your allowed off. High turnover for a reason! The 5 star reviews are made up, they might be real people but management somehow needs to balance the real poor ratings. Don’t expect any respect here! You’ll wonder why the good are let go or laid off, and the ones that stink or have major attitudes are still here!? It makes zero sense! Do yourself a favor if you need a real paycheck, don’t apply here. You will make more money elsewhere.
Pros
Monthly birthday cake if you like that stuff.
Cons
Poor pay, zero paid holidays, forced to use your own pto.
Driven and Passionate Management
Manager (Current Employee) –  Stuart, FLSeptember 26, 2018
I have seen a lot of negative reviews. But ultimately, at the end of the day, Executive Management knows that there are issues. And the good news is, they care! They have been putting people in the right seats to turn the tide on the work culture. The issue being acknowledged and implementing plans to correct the issues is more than half the battle. I have faith VNA is going to improve and become the employer of choice.
Poorly run ! Very unorganized
Rn (Current Employee) –  Stuart, FLFebruary 11, 2019
Poor management . Their game is to ignore you and avoid any questions asked of them . Blatant favoritism. Lack of organization . Unfortunately , they allow for blatant lying and deceptive behaviors . Pinning one nurse against another. If you aren’t a favorite doesn’t matter if you are right !!!!! Don’t waste your time working for them . Cases only go to friends of supervisors !!! Again NO honesty allowed !
Pros
Cons
Many
The best job I've ever had since becoming a nurse
Telehealth Nurse (Current Employee) –  Stuart, FLSeptember 29, 2018
The best part of this job is the people I work with every day. We work together for a common goal - our patients. I had never worked in home care before I came here. It's completely different from working in a hospital or facility. There's much more freedom. The atmosphere is more family-oriented. Management is great. My boss is one of the finest women I've ever known. I would definitely recommend working here.
Pros
Freedom, respect, great management
The worst company I have ever worked for!
Management (Former Employee) –  Stuart, FLAugust 12, 2018
The CEO and most of the executive team have no clue on how to manage themselves or others and lack the ability to hold anyone accountable or have the proper knowledge to be in charge of their respective departments i.e. Marketing and HR, Finance, IT, Nursing Operations and the CEO.

This organization does not value a single employee except a small few within the inner circle as evidenced by the large turnover of employees fleeing every month.
Pros
Absolutely nothing
Cons
The entire organization
VNA of Florida is a really good company, i feel like what I do matters
manager (Former Employee) –  Stuart, FLSeptember 28, 2018
VNA of Florida allows me to help take care of people, both our patients and our employees. And I really enjoy what I do. I look forward to coming to work and the days go very quickly. I am not micromanaged, and at the same time I have the support of my coworkers, my boss and the team I am privileged to work with. and at the end of the day, we do really great things.
Pros
great people, committed and excellent, customer service oriented
Cons
I dont have a negative to share
Company built on Nepotism and favoritism.
decline to comment (Former Employee) –  Stuart, FLFebruary 5, 2019
Slackers and Inexperienced personnel with poor skills continue to maintain employment and experienced educated quality employees are let go. The turn over rate speaks for itself. Whole departments turnover at a time.
Cons
as above
Poor management and lack of teamwork
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Stuart, FLApril 14, 2018
Do yourself a favor and never apply here. The work expectations with the amount of pay received is not worth it. On top of that, there is no teamwork. You cannot get help in the field, questions are never answered in a timely fashion and usually questionable. Choose a place where the office and management staff actually know what they are doing because this is definitely not a place that does.
Pros
Plenty of work but that’s probbaly due to the high turnover of staff
Cons
Poor leadership, poor pay, poor teamwork and laziness overrule this company
Challenging
Executive (Current Employee) –  FloridaApril 4, 2018
It has the potential to be a great Company with Culture change and leadership.

Change in CEO led to in-kept promises and disarray

The best part of the job was building an incredible Team within 7 counties
Not a good place to work
Office Staff (Former Employee) –  FloridaDecember 5, 2017
Very poor management....to many people with "Titles"that don't do there job well...no communication...favoritism...many of the employees that work in the office and that have been there for a long period of time don't give new people a chance..they stick together and push new employees out as soon as they don't like something that someone did...i feel they discriminate....not a good place to work...had many complaints from families that they just send different nurses all the time...not ran very well...
Pros
Cons
Poor Management
Unorganized management. Horrible hiring process.
PRN Home Health (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 6, 2017
If it can be avoided please do avoid. Management is very slack and not on the ball. Disorganized. I did not and do not know where I stand as far as my livelihood is concerned and they will not communicate information; Communication is horrible. Everything seems very very slow paced as far as management goes. I have not been paid in three weeks due to negligence.
Excellent management and support staff. Great scheduler and patient floww
Per diem LPN (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FloridaOctober 8, 2014
Loved this agency. Great local management and administrative staff. Very friendly and supportive. Great scheduler.

Days were busy with 5-6 patients. Patient flow was great. Weekend work on call was great with experienced support.

Biggest plus was that all charting/oasis was done on computer. We were able to order supplies for the patient on site by computer and receive our routes for next day, Wholly improved over paper charting.

I love driving and people so this job was perfect. I would still be with this company if they had not closed closest branch office and moved far out of area. Loved this company!!!
Pros
Great inservices with lunch provided. Wonderful patient flow, Computer charting
Cons
None except sadly they moved out of area.
Not what I thought
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Stuart FLOctober 12, 2016
This company was nothing that I thought it would be. I thought I would work with compassionate people who care about people... not the case with this company! The accounting department is a mess. They have an accounting manager with little to no experience. The people under her were more qualified to run the department than she was. Very tense place to work. Owners are rude and everyone walks on eggshells.
Pros
Hours were great
Cons
Management stinks. Very uncomforable working environment.
Bad management
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stuart, FLNovember 21, 2017
New employees every time. New hha all the times not very team work. Client are alway complaining about the aide .

I been 1y 5month working here.
A Well Oiled Machine
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Weeki Wachee, FLNovember 20, 2017
I loved working for this company. I would recommend this homecare company to anyone on the street thanks to the passionate care the nursing staff provided
Great nursing job to help balance career and family!
Field RN (Current Employee) –  Stuart, FLFebruary 8, 2017
I schedule my visits accordingly the night before. I manage my day by dropping my children off at school, then see patients furthest to my home and work my way back. In between patient visits, I can also run errands if needed. As a home health nurse, I am in a more relaxed setting and able to spend quality time with my patients. The most enjoyable part of my job is being outdoors.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Gas and mileage
Great company to work for!
LPN Home Health Nurse (Current Employee) –  Stuart, FLJune 6, 2016
The company cares about it's employees. Homecare can be challenging working amongst multiple locations, the VNA has a supportive management team.
Positive and Well organize
COTA/L (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 21, 2016
I really enjoy working for this company because the company is organize, professional and positive environment to work in. As an employee I am having a great experience and have no complaints. I recommend this place to everyone.
not great!
tampa florida (Former Employee) –  schedulerNovember 6, 2011
I was happy with company until i was laid off right before the holidays i thought that was a little unfair but whatever,
Pros
free lunches when they have meetings
Cons
hours are long 8-5
Excellent management
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Port Richey, FLJanuary 2, 2014
While this job was a lot of hard work, it made me realize that I enjoy helping people and thus motivated me to return to college to become an RN.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Visiting Nurse Association of Florida. Our community is ready to answer.

Visiting Nurse Association of Florida Reviews by Location