Visiting Nurse Association of Florida Employee Reviews

The worst company I have ever worked for!
Management (Former Employee) –  Stuart, FLAugust 12, 2018
The CEO and most of the executive team have no clue on how to manage themselves or others and lack the ability to hold anyone accountable or have the proper knowledge to be in charge of their respective departments i.e. Marketing and HR, Finance, IT, Nursing Operations and the CEO.

This organization does not value a single employee except a small few within the inner circle as evidenced by the large turnover of employees fleeing every month.
Pros
Absolutely nothing
Cons
The entire organization
Poor management and lack of teamwork
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Stuart, FLApril 14, 2018
Do yourself a favor and never apply here. The work expectations with the amount of pay received is not worth it. On top of that, there is no teamwork. You cannot get help in the field, questions are never answered in a timely fashion and usually questionable. Choose a place where the office and management staff actually know what they are doing because this is definitely not a place that does.
Pros
Plenty of work but that’s probbaly due to the high turnover of staff
Cons
Poor leadership, poor pay, poor teamwork and laziness overrule this company
Not a good place to work
Office Staff (Former Employee) –  FloridaDecember 5, 2017
Very poor management....to many people with "Titles"that don't do there job well...no communication...favoritism...many of the employees that work in the office and that have been there for a long period of time don't give new people a chance..they stick together and push new employees out as soon as they don't like something that someone did...i feel they discriminate....not a good place to work...had many complaints from families that they just send different nurses all the time...not ran very well...
Pros
Cons
Poor Management
Bad management
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stuart, FLNovember 21, 2017
New employees every time. New hha all the times not very team work. Client are alway complaining about the aide .

I been 1y 5month working here.
A Well Oiled Machine
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Weeki Wachee, FLNovember 20, 2017
I loved working for this company. I would recommend this homecare company to anyone on the street thanks to the passionate care the nursing staff provided
Unorganized management. Horrible hiring process.
PRN Home Health (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 6, 2017
If it can be avoided please do avoid. Management is very slack and not on the ball. Disorganized. I did not and do not know where I stand as far as my livelihood is concerned and they will not communicate information; Communication is horrible. Everything seems very very slow paced as far as management goes. I have not been paid in three weeks due to negligence.
Great nursing job to help balance career and family!
Field RN (Current Employee) –  Stuart, FLFebruary 8, 2017
I schedule my visits accordingly the night before. I manage my day by dropping my children off at school, then see patients furthest to my home and work my way back. In between patient visits, I can also run errands if needed. As a home health nurse, I am in a more relaxed setting and able to spend quality time with my patients. The most enjoyable part of my job is being outdoors.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Gas and mileage
Positive and Well organize
COTA/L (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 21, 2016
I really enjoy working for this company because the company is organize, professional and positive environment to work in. As an employee I am having a great experience and have no complaints. I recommend this place to everyone.
Not what I thought
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Stuart FLOctober 12, 2016
This company was nothing that I thought it would be. I thought I would work with compassionate people who care about people... not the case with this company! The accounting department is a mess. They have an accounting manager with little to no experience. The people under her were more qualified to run the department than she was. Very tense place to work. Owners are rude and everyone walks on eggshells.
Pros
Hours were great
Cons
Management stinks. Very uncomforable working environment.
Great company to work for!
LPN Home Health Nurse (Current Employee) –  Stuart, FLJune 6, 2016
The company cares about it's employees. Homecare can be challenging working amongst multiple locations, the VNA has a supportive management team.
Excellent management and support staff. Great scheduler and patient floww
Per diem LPN (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FloridaOctober 8, 2014
Loved this agency. Great local management and administrative staff. Very friendly and supportive. Great scheduler.

Days were busy with 5-6 patients. Patient flow was great. Weekend work on call was great with experienced support.

Biggest plus was that all charting/oasis was done on computer. We were able to order supplies for the patient on site by computer and receive our routes for next day, Wholly improved over paper charting.

I love driving and people so this job was perfect. I would still be with this company if they had not closed closest branch office and moved far out of area. Loved this company!!!
Pros
Great inservices with lunch provided. Wonderful patient flow, Computer charting
Cons
None except sadly they moved out of area.
Excellent management
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Port Richey, FLJanuary 2, 2014
While this job was a lot of hard work, it made me realize that I enjoy helping people and thus motivated me to return to college to become an RN.
not great!
tampa florida (Former Employee) –  schedulerNovember 6, 2011
I was happy with company until i was laid off right before the holidays i thought that was a little unfair but whatever,
Pros
free lunches when they have meetings
Cons
hours are long 8-5

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Visiting Nurse Association of Florida. Our community is ready to answer.

Visiting Nurse Association of Florida Reviews by Location