Visiting Nurse Association of Northern New Jersey

Visiting Nurse Association of Northern New Jersey Employee Reviews

Horrible place to work in the field
Visiting Nurse (Current Employee) –  Morristown, NJAugust 16, 2019
Salaried full time position where they claim you should see 6 patients a day and it ends up being more like 8-10. Then you have to complete your documentation, drive time, call MDs offices, order supplies. You do the math for how many hours that would take in an 8 hour day and that is exactly what you are being paid for, 8 hours. So basically work 3/4 extra hours a day for free. I still went home with a ton of work and I documented a lot during my visit ms. So it is not poor time management.
Run away!
REGISTERED NURSE (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJMay 16, 2019
The training at this office is absolutely amazing. You get to sit down with an instructor and really understand this job. But after the training is when it all goes downhill. I have never felt more over worked in my life as well as under appreciated. You have to work one weekend a month which isn't bad. No one tells you that your first visit might be three hours away. You will not get paid for mileage until you drive to your first patient's house. Basically, you only get paid mileage from the first to the last person you see. So you are basically driving around for free at the start and end of your day. Just when you think you are done on the weekend they will ask you to drive to another patient's house because they don't feel well even though you saw 7 patients already that Saturday. You will be promised an area and still expected to drive over 2 hours to see one person because all the other nurses refuse to see this one patient. No one who works here liked their job in the field. The only reason people stay here is because they took a sign-on bonus. They have fun events at the office, but don't think for one second you will ever have time to attend them. My family member wasn't feeling well and they still were like you can come in after you take them to the doctors. If you decide to work here, don't say I didn't warn you. 🤷‍♀️🤯
Pros
Training
Cons
Everything, management
Do not work here!
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Morristown, NJMay 6, 2019
I did learn new nursing skills and love my field team leader as well as my teammates. Currently, I work about 60 to 70 hours a week, but get paid for 40. No matter what you do, it is never enough. I am usually out seeing patients for 8 hours, then go home to do hours of charting without compensation. I oriented with a "class" of 8 in October 2017, I am the only one left. We are supposed to get yearly raises and I am still waiting for mine. Our quota is 6 patients per day and we are supposed to get a stipend for seeing extra patients. I regularly see more than 6 a day, but have yet to be paid a stipend. We have to work one weekend per month, which is really nice, but we have the same rate. Same with holidays. No matter what holiday you work, you get the same pay. Not worth the aggravation, all I do is work.
Pros
N/a
Cons
No room for advancement, expected to work without pay
Wouldnt recomend
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  New JerseyMarch 25, 2019
Poorly managed. Expected to work on off hours daily. Expected to move all patients to other days on your days off. Limited patient coverage on sick days and days off. No work life balance. High turnover rate
Overworked and Unappreciated
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Morristown, NJNovember 19, 2017
As a new visiting nurse out of college, I feel that this company should be giving support and assistance to provide safe patient care and license security.
cut throat environment. Management not supportive.
Staff (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJOctober 7, 2017
I would not recommend working for them. Support staff complain about nurses. Management is poor and cut throat. Would look elsewhere.
Was expected to drive to multiple counties and complete documentation on my own time which I did not get reimbursed for.
Support staff clerical complained about nurses to manager.
Pros
none that i can think of. It was a job.
Cons
Cut throat environment. Takes advantage of nurses needing a job.
Lies
PT (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJMarch 4, 2017
HR and upper management will tell you what will make you happy but it never comes to fruition. Being a PT there for 2 years had me driving around to 2 large counties in 1 day and expected productivity to be the same as others. They will say that time management skills needed to be improved. Impossible if you're driving 45-60 minutes in between homes. Lack empathy regarding factual restraint in geography and time. Treated per diem staff better than full time staff. Many meetings that did not count towards productivity but per diem staff still get paid for meetings.
Pros
Free parking, good orientation
Cons
Lacks understanding, long commutes, many meetings
Noncaring staff, no support from management
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJMay 17, 2016
Considering the VNANNJ is in the business of caring for people, I found the work atmosphere less than caring. It was surprising to see staff that appeared more concerned about money and accuracy of the documentation over the well being of the client or staff member.
Pros
Cons
Not a friendly place to work
Great work place
Staff RN/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Morristown NJJune 10, 2015
Learned a lot of great nursing skills. Staff was great to work with as well as management. Always felt supported. Everyone was very friendly and supportive
Flexible and Rewarding
Staff Nurse Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Morristown, NJMay 28, 2015
I came to VNA 4 years ago because of its flexibility, the new graduate program and the opportunity to apply skills. In my new position as Staff Nurse Team Leader, I now have an opportunity to help new graduate nurses develop confidence and learn clinical skills. Working in the home health field, there are always new skills to learn and situations that require critical thinking. What I love about working at the VNA is the flexibility, learning experience, supportive staff, educated staff, furthering education opportunities, and promotion opportunities, the positive daily impact on patients overall is very rewarding.
Great Organization that fosters support & growth
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Morristown, NJMay 28, 2015
The Visiting Nurse Association of Northern New Jersey is a wonderful organization to work for whether you are in the office or in the field. The team oriented work environment fosters support and growth opportunities for new & seasoned staff. The team works hard to ensure all new staff are well oriented to their positions and education continues throughout your employment thereafter. I would recommend the VNA to anyone interested in being part of an innovative & energetic team!
Pros
Great benefits, team oriented environment, great education & orientation
Cons
More opportunity to work from home for support staff
Great Learning Environment!
HR Generalist (Current Employee) –  Morristown, NJMay 27, 2015
The VNA provides a thorough training and orientation period for all new hires. There is ample opportunity to expand your knowledge and skill set in any position. Whether you are a clinician or an office employee, the VNA provides a strong learning environment with considerable room for growth, and a team-oriented culture that makes learning and achievement all the more possible.
Commitment to patients and staff
Licenced Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJFebruary 12, 2015
I learned techniques through clinical workshops. I learned about patient's hardships and their personal medical conditions and their struggles. I learned there are medical miracles.
Dedicated to helping those in need.
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJJune 26, 2013
May changes happened within the VNANNJ during my tenure, from organizational restructuring to moving locations. These changes caused a lot of questions to be left unanwered.
Pros
Working with dedicated healthcare professionals
Cons
No advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Visiting Nurse Association of Northern New Jersey. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4