Visiting Nurse Health System Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Not recommended
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 4, 2018
Not good with customer service. They only use you when it convenient for them. No advancements , only wants to work with a limited amount of staff when production is high. Never stay in tuned with their patients when they have a concern. Always lying to the patients and their families knowing they dont have staff to fit their needs. Just not a good fit for employees if they really love what they do for a living.
Pros
Flexabilty
Cons
Poor management
Love the people and the Mission
Clinical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 27, 2018
This is a great company doing great work. You have to want to help people to work here. Lots of changes happening and all for the better. People leave because they are unhappy but the grass is not greener anywhere else.
Pros
People, mission, patients
Cons
regulated industry, traffic
Bad company to work for!
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 6, 2018
Very stressful and disorganized, constant changing without remembering what’s been changed. Management sucks and they create jobs for people that makes no since.
Pros
Salary
Enjoyable work place
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 3, 2018
Visiting Nurse Health System is an enjoyable place to work, you have the satisfaction of knowing that you have taken good care of the patients even in their homes. you have the opportunity to practice holistic care. You do have what you need to do your job efficiently and independently. You are recognized for what you do and your contributions are valued.Benefits are great. Continuous education via on the job training is not stressful while the job expectations are clear, understandable.
Good money
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GADecember 20, 2017
6 pts per day
Good money
Some weeks slow some weeks fast, evened out
No real complaints
Didn't care to much for the RNs
Could've used more OT/STs
Overall good expereince
I do not recommend working here.
Development (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 7, 2017
I would NOT recommend working at VNHS in the Development Office. I worked there for a while and the management is horrible and underqualified. The VP of Development and Marketing is difficult to work with and rarely is in the office and does not have the ability to fund raise.
need more teaching
Home Health Aide / CSR office (promotion) (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 3, 2017
Working there was ok just need more teamwork to make things move smoothly. Its too much on staff when communication fails.

nothing more to say,,,,,,,
August 4, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We would like to know more about your experience to see how we can better facilitate teamwork and workflow. Please provide your contact information to me at feedback@vnhs.org so we can reach out to you to learn more.

Company is rising up, great opportunities
Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 25, 2017
I have worked for this Company for 5 years and although it's had its ups and downs mostly with staffing and high turnover rates, things have been changing here lately. In addition to working with an amazing staff, Visiting Nurse has been a great place to grow professionally, learn new skills and cross train in other areas like Business Development and Billing. With the new leadership in place for the past year comes a POSITIVE cultural switch, geared to the mission. I really have enjoyed:

- A great mission that truly drives everyone to give their all everyday and focus on patient care
- Autonomy is encouraged across departments
- Internal transfers from department to department are encouraged
- Casual dress for a more relaxed environment
- Snacks and employee treats often provided
- Good PDO accrual rate, flexible management on scheduled time off
- Financial and Company goals transparency from leadership team
Pros
CEO is very accessible to staff and supportive, easily relates to staff and actually considers everyone's opinion. It's very reassuring.
Cons
Benefits could be a bit better, but alright given the current healthcare market
This organization is always in trouble financially
Physician Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 17, 2017
If you work for this company - never use the ST disability for having a baby, or anything for that matter. off or find a reason to fire you. I've seen people come and go. Also, the company financial forecast is very bad. Let me not forget, management does not allow talking among peers, and absolutely no visiting. Consider wisely before choosing this company.
Pros
There aren't any
Cons
Every single thig about this company is a "CON"
August 14, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We would like to know more about your experience to see how we can better meet the needs of our employees. Please provide your contact information to me at feedback@vnhs.org so we can reach out to you to learn more.

visits during the day and paperwork til 9pm at night
RN Case Manager Home Health (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 15, 2017
They do not give you your first paycheck for a month. It was very hard getting through that first month with no pay. 30 visits a week expected, unlimited hours of paperwork, if census goes down you don't have visits you don't get paid.
Pros
flexable work schedule
Cons
expected to be always avaliable and paperwork time is unpaid
August 14, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. Please provide your contact information to me at feedback@vnhs.org so we can reach out to you to learn more. We would like to know about your experience to see how we can better meet the needs of our employees.

Compassionate care
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 13, 2017
VNHS is a great company, from philosophy to practice. This company is willing to pay attention and evolve to meet the needs of both the patient population and the needs of the employees.
Good work Environment
Medical Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 11, 2017
believe in work/life balance, conveniently located, lots of opportunity for education and implementing new programs, good employee retention, easy to learn computer documentation
Pros
lots of opportunity for networking
Cons
management changes frequently
Highly recommend to any RN looking to make a change into Home Health.
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, GAMay 22, 2017
Great support and. Abundance of resources to ensure success and job satisfaction. The company really values their employees and always put clinician safety about all else and that's rare.
Pros
Flexible scheduling, Pto, CWOCNs available to you
Poor work environment
RN (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 13, 2017
Company is unorganized. RN case managers are over worked and underpaid. Employee turnover is huge. Management allow certain employees to cause conflict within the company with no consequences for their actions. Management doesn't seem to value their employees.
Pros
Decent healthcare benefits
Cons
No annual pay raises
August 14, 2017

We would like to know more about your experience to see how we can better facilitate teamwork and workflow. Please email feedback@vnhs.org with your contact information. Thank you for your feedback.

Unrealistic Work Expectations
Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 10, 2017
Given way too much administrative task such as filing papers and mailing documents when most of my time was spent in the field seeing clients and documenting those visits.

Documentation should all be electronic. Unfortunately it was paper and electronic which is a waste of time when focus should be on time with clients and case notes.

I was given a huge client caseload right after a 3 mos training period.

way too much work for an individual to succeed. unrealistic expectations without admin support and a better technological system.
Pros
pot lucks, training, employee appreciation events
Cons
not flexible, overwhelming, not efficient
August 14, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We would like to know more about your experience to see how we can better facilitate workflow for our employees. Please email feedback@vnhs.org with your contact information so we can reach out to learn more.

Job Work/Life Balance is bad
Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 5, 2016
This company will work you to the bone, day and night. You can not have children or a disabled spouse and expect to get all of your work done. Rules and expectations often change.
Pros
Salary can be ok
Cons
Bad health insurance, some of the management is bad
case anagement
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GAOctober 21, 2016
horrible place to work and hesitance for management to actively listen to complaints of staff. I would ever recommend this place to anyone I care about to work,
Pros
flexibility
Cons
chasing patients--low case load
August 4, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. Our mission is to improve the lives of those we serve by providing exceptional customer care and service. We do this by ensuring our nurses are happy working here. We would like to know more about your experience. Please provide your contact information to feedback@vnhs.org so we can reach out to you to learn more.

Not Employee Friendly
Healthcare (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 1, 2016
High turnover, employees are not compensated for the work performed, favoritism and cliques. Very stressful environment. Unreasonable expectations.
Overall Review
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GADecember 12, 2015
Work life balance was poor for me because I worked a late schedule and I worked every weekend. The work environment was toxic.
Unprofessional and Antiquated Work Environment
Home Health Transition Liaison II (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 9, 2015
This company is the oldest home care agency in the state of GA (approximately 60 years old). Unfortunately, it still functions like it did 60 years ago. The operational system has not grown at the same pace of the company's business. The company takes on more business than it is clinically able to accommodate. The documentation system is extremely antiquated.

The management team is incompetent. The company tends to promote people to management based on years of experience and not on their critical thinking skills, leadership skills or ability to manage people. The managers are disrespectful to their staff and often show favoritism. The company appears to reward employees with the poorest work ethic as opposed to those who demonstrate skill & dedication to the organization. The company has no regard for an employee's level of education/expertise. They will hire a high school graduate and a person with a master's degree to do the same job.

There is no work life balance. The company expects employees to take work home to complete without compensation as opposed to re-structuring a typical work day. There is high employee turnover. Employee morale is very low.

I would not recommend this organization to any one who wants to work in a professional environment where strong work ethics/values are appreciated.
Pros
Non-profit agency that provides a significant amount of care to the uninsured at no cost
Cons
Unorganized and inefficient with poor leadership

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Visiting Nurse Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

Visiting Nurse Health System Reviews by Location