Visiting Nurse Service of New York Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
vns
Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 24, 2018
Greeted customers and made sure they were comfortable during their visit
Provided customer service in-person and telephonically
Scheduled appointments
Maintained office filing
Processed payments for services provided
Leadership Styles and Their Impact on Patient Outcome
Home Health RN Coordinator of Care (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 21, 2018
Improve population health in the communities served by managing and providing care across entire various ethnic groups, identifying and examining the impact of diseases on societies, and promoting wellness across a broad range of community settings.
Pros
as a caregivers I formed close bonds within the communities
Official response from Visiting Nurse Service of New York
March 26, 2018

Thank you for your review! VNSNY employs a variety of Population Health Management initiatives, including value-based purchasing, bundled payments, and chronic care management, - all built around risk stratification and predictive modeling. This past January, the newest cohort of VNSNY RNs began the Population Care Coordinator Program. The two-day orientation covered areas of Health Behavior and Motivational Interviewing, Population Care Coordination in the Changing Health System, Evidence-Based Practice, and the Role of PCCP Education in VNSNY.

could improve
Provider Relations Representative (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYMarch 8, 2018
A typical day is causal but adherence holds weight over actual quality of work. I commute from new jersey so the pressure is a lot more intense. I am grateful for the position because it taught me a lot but i would advise the company to ease up on adherence (not complaining about being 1-5 minutes late) when an individual is trying and is a consistent HARD worker.
Pros
you learn alot
Cons
instead of being applauded for meeting the standard you're just expected to work harder
fantastic experience
Organizational Development Intern (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 21, 2018
VNSNY has a very humanistic culture where the managers manage by example and the culture is very collaborative and transparent. The level of professionalism is very high.
very good years ago
Intake (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 25, 2018
many changes over the years
compensation / benefits changed
culture has changed w/ CEO etc
enjoyed helping patients
overall good placed but job security is up in the air
Horrible Environment
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJanuary 23, 2018
Working at this company for many years i have to say it has gone from Bad to worst within 3 years. Everyone feels unsafe about there jobs. everyone is overworked , many quit due to low worklife balance. Poor communication from snr management. Communication around change in processes are horrible. Overall a toxic work environment
Cons
horrible management, work environment, micromanagement at its finest, horrible training and lack of communication from senior management
great place
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 17, 2018
staff are very supportive. supervisor are human. this is a company that i want to retire from, great benefits. the most enjoyable part of the job is the house are flexible and upper management is very supportive.
Pros
flexible hours
never booring
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 8, 2018
i looked forward to work every day. i learned a lot. help a phone call away manager very supportive i was not in a office each day.i left because of downsizing.
Nice place to work.
SERVICE COORDINATOR ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Hainesport, NJDecember 17, 2017
Employees shared a lot of passion for this job. Pleasant office environment, pay was in line with expectations of the job, flexible work hours and great location.
cool atomspher
Care Management Support Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 30, 2017
I really don't have much to say, it was a nice company to work for and I did what I had to do while I was there. I absolutely hated the travel time on the train.
Pros
love working with and helping people.
Cons
short breaks and location
Significant Turnover
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 21, 2017
Positions are often temporary and layoffs are consistently looming high demand fast paced, high stress positions with minimal organizational support. Organization has mission creep and often allows corporate greed to influence many of its decisions.
Pros
great location and significant organizational history
Cons
Nonprofit allowing corporate greed to rule the roost.
Productive, a great place to work
Contract Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 16, 2017
I was very comfortable at VNSNY. The staff was allowed to work from home. Management was smart, quick and fair. The job was not had at all. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers.
working at VNSNY was ok..
Business Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 9, 2017
Too many union workers who've been there for years and felt entitled this made the work place uncomfortable for people just coming in. management was great. 1199 union benefits were great but no such thing as a raise. :(
VNSNY was a very stressful environment to work in.
VISITING NURSE SERVICE OF NEW YORK (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYSeptember 26, 2017
VNSNY was a very stressful place to work. I did develop a good working relationship with the nursing staff I supervised. Because of this my work life was very much improved and I was able to meet my deadlines.
Pros
I had a group of nurses who had long jevity with the company
Cons
Career advancing was extreamely hard
Care Manager (Critical Time Intervention Program) (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 25, 2017
Need more room for opportunity advancement. Slow paced. I am not certain about the work place culture there. The most enjoyable part is interacting with the Clients.
Visiting Nurse Service
Senior Contract Administration Auditor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 31, 2017
The Visiting Nurse Service is a great place to work and the company provides a much needed service to the community. "We bring the caring home" an old slogan is the best way to describe the company.
Excellent workplace
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 28, 2017
I started at VNSNY during my internship and I have meet many wonderful knowledgeable people. Thru the years I have gained so much knowledge and grown along with the company. I am grateful for all the opportunities given to me.
Unethical Place to work for
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 19, 2017
Management does not care for their staff
People have been kept as Temps for more then 2 years, however they hire Nurses and CEO with high compensations
Pros
Good Place to gain experience in regards to hospice
Cons
Pay is terrible and no room for growth
review
Compliance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAAugust 6, 2017
busy day
process of a home care agency
management wonderful
workplace culture diverse
workload hardest part of job
making new friends
overall I would recommend this company
volunteer work
medical clerical aide (volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 25, 2017
Visiting Nurse Service was a really lovely experience. It really is a company that has great volunteer jobs that make your time fulfilling than just a bore.
Pros
peaceful experience
Cons
not given a better job afterwards

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Visiting Nurse Service of New York. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss