Viskase Companies, Inc Employee Reviews

Great workplace and goodv work experience
Extrusion Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Osceola, ARSeptember 15, 2019
Viskase is a great place to work if your willing to learn and work hard. it can be hot but most factory jobs are. They have decent benefits and good pay. Osceola Viskase has a great management team, and hard working employees. Its very laid back environment, and everyone is friendly and easy to get along with. The worst part of the job is the heat and corporates management skills,. Viskase gave me the tools and experience I needed to better myself and my career, I always recommend Viskase to anyone willing to work, and if I ever need to change jobs I would go back
Pros
Lots of down time in most areas
Cons
heat and wrap ups
Worst place ever
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Loudon, TNAugust 28, 2019
This place was the worst company I have ever worked for. The management has no moral standards and they sleep with their employees. The benefits are the worst I have ever seen.
Awful
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Loudon, TNJuly 16, 2019
Worst place I’ve ever worked. The benefits are terrible and the environment is horrible. Very difficult people to work with. I would not recommend working here to anyone.
Productive Company
Dryer Operator (Current Employee) –  Osceola, ARApril 4, 2019
Benefits are good. Good pay. Fast paced workplace. Swing shift is good. You get three days or nights off after working three days or nights. Great place to work.
Not worth it
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Loudon, TNMarch 18, 2019
Don’t believe the hype.
This use to be a good place to work but it’s no longer that place.
It’s ran down roaches and rats you’re nothing more then a clock number no respect for the employees at all management make decisions off of impulse not off experience. A lot of back stabbing from employees and management it’s a constant battle to continue working for a company that treat you as if you don’t matter at all. Yes you’re supposed to only work half a month but that’s rare you will work 12-16 hours a day seven days a week most weeks no family time no time to catch up on important things outside of work. If you make someone in management mad they will seek revenge and make your life rough. It’s best to ask around town about Viskase before you accept the job.
Pros
Union
Cons
Roaches, rats and management
Better jobs someplace else
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Loudon, TNMarch 16, 2019
Poor management most of the supervisor think there god no life outside of work there schedule is awful supposed to get 14 days out of the month off that doesn’t happen there’s always overtime no one is on the page it’s just a horrible place to work not to mention u get forced 16 hours if a machine goes down in some departments or if someone calls out 5 minutes befor the shift place is dirty and run down really needs updating everywhere worst part about it is the month of day and month of nights not getting your scheduled days off and the heat in the summer
Pros
Union job
Cons
No time off, supervisors, 12 hour shifts possibly 16 hours
Good pay hot enviroment
Dryer Operator / lab tech (Former Employee) –  Osceola, ARMay 24, 2018
Good money but hard on the family because of the rotating shifts. I did like working at viskase it is a friendly company. Shift starts at 7:00 and ends at 7:00 . You have to be at your machine 5 minutes before to your shift. It is very hot through the summer. You get a 10 minute break twice a day and a twenty minute lunch break. If there are any problems on the floor while at break you will be called back to the floor, management will be out there working with employee until issues are resolved.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Rotate from days to nights every three days.
Avoid like the plague
Compensation and Benefits Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILJuly 2, 2017
Poor Management, no clear goals, bad leadership, extremely low morale. Leadership has a disinterest in employees and focuses solely on themselves. Go elsewhere.
Pros
Better than flipping burgers (barely)
Cons
Too numerous to list.
Good company, takes care of employees
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Loudon, TNOctober 24, 2012
Great location, pleasant people to work with, sometimes had a heavy work load, hard to see successes in an industrial setting