VISTA CARE Employee Reviews

vista care
CAREGIVER (Former Employee) –  Rome, WIDecember 3, 2018
The pay was amazing but the job it's self was dangerous & unstable. By this I mean that the management was horrible along with the back stabbing from co- workers. The individuals that we were taking care of weren't given any real form of mental stimulation nor were they really given much interaction despite having staff there 24/7. Majority of time, we were left to fend for ourselves due to the fact that our superior believed that "mistakes/ what if's don't happen here". Then you had the fact that the AD would promise things to our individuals that would ultimately lead to a behavior due to these things not happening. Things promised to the individuals were rarely given due to either; the promises being pure lies or the promises NOT being properly communicate to the staff which would end up putting the staff at risk. This job was constantly stressful and anxiety filled due to a variety of reasons; never knowing when you were truly going home, when/ if your individual was going to go into a behavior, if a promise had been made and not fulfilled, if the person you were working with knew what they were doing, etc.
Pros
pay
Cons
everything else
my first hospice job
Program Director (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 7, 2018
I went into the interview for a marketing position and walked out with the program director's job. Branch was in CAP and I was given the task to get it out. I doubled their census in 2 years from 60 to 120 and dropped the CAP the first year. I was recruited away to join a larger organization
Pros
Training
Cons
Lack of recogniiton
Horrible
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  vista care boardmanJune 21, 2017
If you value your nursing license then run for the hills. The one in Boardman looks good on the outside but that's about it. The staff is okay to work with (some of them anyways, like activity dept and respiratory therapy). There is only one aide per wing/unit and the place is very unorganized. There is lack of communication among management and staff. Pay rate is good if you are just getting out of nursing school, but if you've been a nurse for over 10 years there's not too much of a pay upgrade from a new graduate. It kind of feels like the place has just got there business permit and is trying to test the waters. If you have no morals or values and just want a paycheck this is the job for you. If you enjoy helping others and do have a sense of compassion, seek employment elsewhere. This is not the place.
Cons
not enough staff
Great team work
Patient Services Associate (Admissions) (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 26, 2014
Excellent team environment. Pleasant workplace and co-workers.
Pros
Great benefits
Very family oriented job. Great boss in the beginning
Case Management (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 5, 2017
A tyoical day at work was strss free, able to see patients at own schedule, Learned a lot from management and eventually advanced into a management role.
Pros
Enyed gettingto know bith patiens and famil.
Cons
On cll
Lots of team spirit.
Medical Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Hobbs, NMJanuary 5, 2015
Every day varied, provided end of life management with patient and families. Co-workers and management were awesome lots of team work and looking after each other.
Pros
Worked at your own pace.
Cons
No room for advancement.
OK place to work just don't plan on bettering yourself
Cook (Former Employee) –  Vista Care at the ridgeMarch 18, 2015
Ok, Place to work i worked in the kitchen. Started off as a cook which i didn't have much experience in was advised when i got hired that they would train me which was false had a day or two of training with people who did not want to be training me. Then was sent on my own which since i was not as fast as people who worked there 15 years was moved to a part time position and pay was cut. Work was easy basically just running food to different wings of the building and a few dishes here and there. Staff is very rude if you are new they treat you like scum and will not help you at all. They act like you don't exist and make rude comments behind your back.
Pros
Free food at times
Cons
rude employee's, No health benfits
Supportive environment
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 22, 2017
A typical day would include leaving home to begin making visits to hospice clients in their homes. I had a daily schedule of which clients would be seen on which days.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Sometimes long hours
Clean & always an exciting experience.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lisbon, OHSeptember 16, 2014
Working midnights as a CNA at Vista Care Centers was always a interesting experience. The most enjoyable part of going to work was the relationship built with the patients. The hardest part of the job was to make sure everything was completed before the next shift came in. Management could be highly improved.
Terrible management
Sarbanes-Oxley Auditor (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZDecember 5, 2016
The management of this organization started out great, then the owner left and a new person was brought to take the company public.

This ended up being a large mistake that lead to layouts and eventually being sold.
Pros
Cons
Terrible Management
Great residents, some staffing issues as far as STNA
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lisbon, OHJune 4, 2013
The hardest part of my job is working understaffed, the residents are great I work on the female dementia unit and assistant living, Management is okay, sometimes they don't seem to really be bothered that their staff is working under staffed every night.
Good working environment
Patient Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 18, 2013
Educating new staff to hospice philosophy was rewarding. Hardest part of job was saying goodbye to our hospice patients.
Pros
Professional staff
Cons
change in management
Productive and fun place to work appreciated their employees
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PADecember 14, 2012
A typical day was driving from patient to patient providing personal care , companionship, compassion, light housekeeping, meal prep, feeding and other rewarding duties.
Pros
treated their employees with respect and appreciation
Cons
no longer open in pennsylvania
Patient Care Manager
Various positions (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 14, 2014
I start each day be listening to Team line, report from RNs and on-call staff. Check voice mail. Submit team line for distribution to all staff members. Attend stand-up. Sort and distribute admission paperwork. Support RN s, CNAs, SWs, and SCC in challenges as they begin their day. Field phone calls from pharmacy, DME, and patients/caregivers. complete employee evaluations. Counseling with staff that are not fulfilling their obligation to patients. Review pharmacy costs, DME costs, and other expenditures. All paperwork needed for patient recertification. Put out fires!

I have learned the need for organization and time management and have developed the ability to multi-task without becoming frustrated.

Management at this site are minimally supportive of staff. My style of management is supporting my team in any of their challenges and teaching staff how to provide the very best care possible.

I appreciate the chance to work with people who enjoy their job and strive for excellence. My co-workers have chosen to work in Hospice, often a difficult emotional taxing job.

The hardest part of this position is working with minimal support from management.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the people that I work with and the satisfaction of completing all my responsibilities of each day and also taking the time to talk to patients/caregivers and know that I am able to help them during this difficult time in their life.
Pros
People at Gentiva/vistacare are exceptional people
Cons
Much more suppport for staff is needed at this site
Interesting experience.
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Sierra Vista, AZAugust 5, 2014
I wish I could have worked there longer to learn more. This was different as it was working with adolescents with drug and alcohol problems. Unfortunately I had to change jobs due to personal reasons.
leasson learn in life
Primary Caregiver/son (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAApril 4, 2012
It was extremely hard because it was my mother who was the patient.
Pros
i sent every day, every hour every minute with my mother
Cons
she passed away may 24, 2010
Growing company with great leadership
CLINICAL LIASON (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJanuary 2, 2016
Growing company with great dedicated leadership. Working for hospice is a mission, not a job. Daily miracles are witnessed. Truly a blessing.
enjoyable work place
Nursing Aide, Orderly or Attendant (Current Employee) –  mineral ridge, ohioDecember 6, 2012
i like my job currently. its a very peaceful work environment.
Pros
nice hours
Cons
heavy patient to care giver ratio
Site compliant with COP's
Quality Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMarch 11, 2014
Site compliant with COP's. I learned a Hospice inside/out and obtained my hospice certification.