Vista Prairie Communities Employee Reviews

Great residents, poor management
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fairmont, MNJuly 11, 2018
Management including the corporate office has no regard on how their decisions effect the staff. Decisions are made by people who sit behind closed doors and don't interact with residents or take an interest in what is best suited to provide quality care. Budget cuts are constantly blamed for bad decisions and ultimately the residents are not getting the appropriate care they pay so much for and staff are worked to a breaking point. "Warm bodies" are hired leaving the skilled staff frustrated and overworked to pick up the slack for those who don't do their job. The actual good staff that remain are used and tossed to the side with no interest of staff retention. As staff and residents are constantly effected by "budget cuts" management continues to live well and enjoy their closed door policys.
Pros
Residents and qualified coworkers
Cons
Management, staff retention
Poor place to work
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  North mankatoJune 9, 2018
Poor management, low pay, stressful job. Constantly short staffed. Don't care about your school schedule. Employees constantly call in and do no call no show. Staff are overworked and underpaid. Also management pick favorites. And don't care if you complain or not about something.
Pros
Residents
Cons
Pay; benefits; managment.
A great place to work
Employee (Current Employee) –  North Mankato, MNApril 18, 2018
I enjoy working here. I have seen may changes over the years and I feel like we are in a very good place currently. The site management is very attentive to staff and residents and the support office is very involved in day to day matters. The residents are happy and well taken care of.
Pros
meals, team work, follow up from management
Fun place to work!
RA (Current Employee) –  North Mankato, MNApril 18, 2018
The new ED is fun and really listens to the staff. The residents are well cared for and people work together. We have had many messages from families who are happy and grateful for the care their family is receiving here. That makes me proud.
Great Leadership!
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  North Mankato, MNApril 18, 2018
The management and support office is EXCELLENT. The residents are the top priority and that attitude/mindset starts at the top. I would recommend VPC to anyone seeking employment in varying departments.
Great company
Contract Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hopkins, MNMarch 14, 2018
The organization is moving in the right direction. I enjoyed my time there. The team is collaborative and supportive. I was valued. I would highly recommend working for them...it is a good organization with good leadership.
Fun place to work!
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Willmar, MNDecember 12, 2017
Management is great to work with! They are very personable and are very understanding with my schedule. I am able to continue going to RN school Full Time and working Part Time. The tuition reimbursement is also a plus!
Pros
Free Lunch!
Poor quality work enviroment
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Spirit Lake, IAOctober 20, 2017
Very poor management. They will work you into exhaustion and then expect more.No thanks only negativity. Upper management use foul language like a drunken sailor.
Pros
Cons
everything
Bad enviroment
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fairmont, MinnesotaJune 21, 2017
I would agree with others, poor management from HR to Corporate.
They are all back stabbing and pick favorites. Do not have residents best interest at heart.
Listen to only what they want to hear, not truth.
Pros
residents
Cons
Diaorganized and unqualified staff working in certain positions
Horrible
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Spirit Lake, IAJune 6, 2017
No breaks because their under staffed. Management sucks! All bad! Don't work here take your chances at McDonald's! The only good thing is the residents
Pros
Residents
Cons
Fun and Challenging place to work
Site Management (Current Employee) –  Sheldon, IAApril 20, 2017
I have enjoyed my time with Vista Prairie Communities. The reinforcement I receive from the corporate office as well as my direct supervisor is unmatched by any position that I have had prior to my role here.

The care and concern that the other staff have for the residents are top notch. One can really tell walking through the door that the people who work here and care for the residents are here for them.
Pros
Support and direction from management.
Residents and Staff Deserve Better
Business Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Sheldon, IAMarch 19, 2017
I've seen it prosper and thought at one time it had a family feel. New inexperienced manager came in and very unprofessionally found a way to leave the place atmosphere very different. Hardworking and loyalty don't mean much to this place! Lots of behind the scene drama and scheming rather than putting the residents first by a few select workers. Keep looking, this place will leave a bad taste in your mouth.
Pros
Residents, some staff
Cons
Management, lack of communication, blindness to the real picture
Great place to work. Lots of opportunities.
Employee (Current Employee) –  HopkinsFebruary 22, 2017
Vista Prairie is a great place to work. VPC cares about their employees and takes their Mission Vision and Values very serious. VPC went through some organization changes which improved the culture of the company. I would recommend Vista Prairie for your next career.
Pros
Opportunity... caring...trustworthy
Unorganized, unprofessional
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Willmar, MNFebruary 9, 2017
Upper management picks "favorites" and treats certain employees differently. HR doesnt take complaints seriously so if youre the one singled out you might as well find a new job. Multiple staff have walked out mid shift and quit due to treatment on the job. The staff talk about residents behind their backs and sometimes ignore them on purpose. There are better jobs, keep looking!
Pros
Loved the residents
Cons
Everything else
Very poor place to work. Management was very poor from H.R. to top management.
Cook (Former Employee) –  South Saint Paul, MNAugust 28, 2016
Would not recommend working for culinary department. Was told several things to be hired. No follow thru. Treated poorly and lied to by staff and management. Manager of culinary department is a liar and bad leader.
Pros
None.
Cons
Whole place was a con.
Need more envolvement from corporate
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fairmont, MNMarch 18, 2016
I was told many things during the interview about my position and the expectations that suddenly changed after a few months of employment. The Executive Director was constantly overriding what the Director of Nursing services told employees. A special few employees seem to get better treatment than other employees. Training was not sufficient for new employees. There were inconsistencies when it came to disciplines to employees. Some got by with more than others before there were consequences. The short time I was there was so stressful. I would have stayed if the picture they painted when I was hired was the reality. Corporate wasn't seen a lot in the building.
Pros
Free meals, the residents, some of the staff
Cons
Management, false promises, training, policy follow through, wages
It was a great place to work until a change in the hiring process. Lack of follow through of Mission, Vision and Values, a very poor culture to work.
Vice President/Chief Operating Officer (Former Employee) –  Hopkins, MNOctober 10, 2015
Was a great place to work until a change in hiring which resulted in a lack of follow through of Mission, Vision and Values.
Pros
Wage and Benefits
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vista Prairie Communities. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7