Vista Springs Employee Reviews

Great place
Pcp (Former Employee) –  Parma, OHMay 6, 2019
I truly enjoy working at Vista Springs. I was a PCP there I had good coworkers and the management team was always out helping us out on the floor. I truly enjoy my time at Vista Springs but had to relocate. I am going to miss my Vista Springs family
Very poor place to work!
Culinary Services Director (Former Employee) –  Wyoming, MIMarch 25, 2019
No one communicates around there and everyone thinks they are in charge. Management is not willing to help out when the department is short and the staff due to the pay and the culture that is set by example from management are only there for a check. If I could have gave this place no stars I would. The only benefit about this job is it is an income but you quickly realize that you can go anywhere for a paycheck and save yourself the stress! This place is horrible for employment and I have sympathy for the residents that live there because they don't get the care that they deserve.
Great in theory
N/A (Former Employee) –  OhioMarch 14, 2019
I believe in the mission of vista springs but the execution was extremely poor. 4 executive directors in a year. Lacks identity. They seem to change when a new place opens up. The CM's are just dollar signs to them. I dont know if they actually care or pretend to care. I wouldn't put my family member there. When someone passes it's just flip the room. They talk a good talk but that's all it is.
Pros
CM's are great
Cons
Corporate is clueless
Would not have a loved one live here
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Parma, OHFebruary 26, 2019
Very poor management, nursing department is a huge, unorganized mess. Poor staff attitudes, constant call offs. Not a place that a hardworking person with a positive work ethic would want to be associated with. Potential to be a great place to work but so many things need to change.
Pros
Extra hours are always available due to so many call offs.
Cons
Just about everything
Meh
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIDecember 8, 2018
From my experience, I had an okay manager. Worked when told, did my job but I had asked to change around my schedule and got fired.

I believe in the staff, they are awesome people, but management has a hidden agenda and if you don't fit it or you're to "loud" they will cut you off.

They can't seem to keep staff, fire the good ones and hire back ones who should be terminated.

Care staff loves their community members, management cares about money and often does some questionable things.

So if you can put up with politics and be a puppet.
At least the staff is great!
Pros
long lunch break
Ego and showboating gets in the way of what could be a great work environment.
Server, Line cook (Former Employee) –  Parma, OHDecember 1, 2018
Their cutlure is very wild west and out dated. Too many managers trying to run one department at a time. Very unhappy residents and quality of life. They tend to keep the employees who aren't worth the time and they let go the ones who truly cared about the well being of the residents and the employees. This location in particular needs people who are not only passionate about what they do but truly care about the well being of others as opposed to coming in and making a paycheck. The amount of ego that gets in the way is astronomically high and it is truly ridiculous how they expect a five star quality of life for the residents but aren't willing to put in the effort or work and when it fails they blame the people who try their best instead of trying to improve their weakest links. Communication is their worst asset and it starts from management, they will never admit that but I digress. If their owner where to truly see and hear how that location was truly ran on a daily basis and if he had a heart he would start from scratch. You've had a loaction fail before and this loaction is on the same track. Which is a shame because eat the end of the day the residents end up suffering the most. It's truly embarrassing because their is people in that location who truly do their best to make sure everything runs smoothly but booth poor management and ego gets in the way of having a remarkable place for people to enjoy their live as opposed to waiting for the day they die.
Pros
Pto, early closing time.
Cons
No communication, poor, terrible management.
Vista Springs
Med Tech/CNA (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MINovember 13, 2018
I worked at Vista Spring and loved my position until a Nurse became our boss then he started to dread going to work. She was not fair, left horrible voicemails, and became a stressful place for me to work. until I quit.

I loved my co-workers that I worked with as a team, I loved my clients.
Pros
Na
Cons
Lack of respect
Run away!
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Parma, OHJuly 18, 2018
Busy answering call lights, passing medications, the management could not care less about employees, favoritism, quality employees unappreciated. Management needs to lose their egos. Loved the community members. Workers like a revolving door. It's a shame that it's all about the money. Fancy looking building means nothing
Pros
Enjoyed the residents
Cons
Too many to mention, all about money. Benefits poor
Why I like Vista Springs
Staffing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIJune 21, 2018
I have worked at Vista Springs for several years in several departments. I truly enjoy my job. There will always be some good days and some bad days but attitude is everything and communication is key. I wouldn't work here if I didn't like it. I enjoy the community members and I enjoy my coworkers. It's nice to work with people who love their job. And it's nice to work for a place that does care about you and your opinion.
Warm and Upbeat building
Life Engagement Director (Current Employee) –  Vista Springs EdgewoodJune 21, 2018
Have been here for 1 year and like it very much. Community members are great and so interesting to talk with. Management is quite easy to talk to if you have a concern or a question. A lot of activities for everyone to enjoy. Monthly employee recognition, staff meetings to keep you informed.
Pros
Work hours go by fast, rewarding, fun
Cons
Quite a bit of walking, on feet for hours
Good Teamwork
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIJune 20, 2018
Good teamwork and communication. Everyone is expected to do their part. Loved working with the residents and their families. Learned a lot about caring for the elderly.
Pros
Coworkers, events, residents
Productive with games and keeping them entertained
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJune 17, 2018
Good working skills nice outgoing employees I also liked how they all worked great together there was no trouble with getting the residents to bed on time and we all had a great time working together as a team
Pros
Paid vacation days
Cons
Not good communication
Terrible Management
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wyoming, MI and NorthviewJune 15, 2018
Management is absolutely terrible! They don't support the staff or stand behind their supervisors. They're very unorganized and make up rules and regulations as they go! Staff is overworked and stressed because they are constantly short staffed. Management refuses to step in and help even if just for an hour. They speak to you rudely and hides I'm their offices. They don't answer when you call in emergency situations and reprimand you when you couldn't make a "Nursing" call. Never work for this company!!
Pros
Awesome coworkers
Cons
Happy atmosphere to work and live in.
Staff (Current Employee) –  Vista Springs WyomingMay 23, 2018
I enjoy coming to work as most of my teammates do. We love the seniors who live at Vista Springs and like to bring joy and fun to their day. When there is a day that is hard we pitch in and make it happen. Our director is kind, fair and works hard to communicate. It's a beautiful modern place to come each day!
Pros
My teammates and serving the community members.
Cons
There's not enough time in the day!
Flexibility is required
Patient Care Person (Current Employee) –  Holland, MIMay 21, 2018
No incentive to staying overtime, there have been a few instances where I expect to work a certain day in the coming weeks and then it changes so you have to be flexible. Don't expect it to be easy it is work and can be stressful. On call here can mean staying for 16 hours, although you usually are off the following day if you are on call.
Slow paced, relaxed environment
Culinary conceirge (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMay 14, 2018
I was so excited to get the job at Vista Springs, which faded extremely fast. The management is so nice at interview time, but trust me when I say that's the last time they'll be nice. Nobody is willing to train or help , I was completely ignored my first 4 days. I can't believe I didn't leave then, but I stuck it out a little longer. I was trying to be extra nice so employees would talk to me and tell me what needed to be done. I ended up pacing around for 2 more hours. They made me feel like I was completely unwanted there. The residents are the reason I stayed as long as I did. They need help so bad, yet treat people bad that are there to help. Extremely disappointed.
Pros
Residents
Terrible place to work
Employee (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 27, 2018
The management staff I worked with were incredible. However, the corporate team was terrible. Corporate only cared about bottom dollar and their appearance, they did not want to correct the things that were actually wrong. Lots of problems and definitely do not recommend working here.
Pros
Colleagues
Cons
Corporate
Doing other work instead of pcp work
Pcp (Former Employee) –  Concord, OHFebruary 17, 2018
I never had to time to take care of my residents. Always to busy doing kitchen work...lots of time i didnt have time to do my showers and we got in trouble fpr clocking out morw then 3 mins after shift ended. Also no report .
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
Lunch coat $5 and people wouls bug younon break in lunch room aaking about residents etc
Very productive fun working environment
Medical Technician (Current Employee) –  Wyoming, MIJanuary 30, 2018
Vista Springs is a very nice place to work at. The staff is great and so is management. The CM are amazing it feels like family. All three meals are served in a restaurant style atmosphere,food is amazing
Managment was horrible.
Personal Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MINovember 12, 2017
The only great thing about working as a personal care provider was getting to know and help my residents everyday. Other than that, everything else was horrible. Management was so awful, they would only tell you all the bad things you did and never the good things. Never encouraged or recognized staff in anything. Was always nice in front of residents family but completely different once the family was gone. Had to quit because of how horrible and ridiculous their rules got. Oh and be ready to get mandated and work a 16 hour shift. People wouldn't come in for second shift making the first shift workers have to stay another 8 hours! and if you didn't you were fired! Horrible, do not work here!!
Pros
getting to know and help residents
Cons
no benefits, low pay, horrible managment