Vistana Signature Experiences Employee Reviews

Family type environment with plenty of room to grow
Front-end Interactive Designer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 27, 2018
While on contract at Vistana I kept getting extended. I loved the culture and the people. I thought I was going to become permanent but things happened which when the project was over, they did not have placement for me. I would go back in an instant though.

Management has a clear vision and so do the directors. Vistana truly is a resort company moving toward the future.
Productive and fun place
EXPLORER SPECIALIST, VISTANA SIGNATURE EXPERIENCES (Current Employee) –  9002 San Marco Ct. Orlando Fl 32819August 27, 2018
I have learned how to multitask to accomplish goals on time. Management is amazing they are flexible and understanding. The people here make you feel like you have a second family.I would have to say the hardest part is as with any call center angry guest.
Big Mistake
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Princeville, HIAugust 1, 2018
Vistana is a Old School Timeshare Company from Orlando, FL. Westin was a Company that was in Hawaii for a long time and got the culture. The biggest mistake Vistana made was not promoting from within the company.
They hired malihini from the mainland who had no idea about Hawaiian Culture and really didn't care.
They brought there pathetic sales strategies and tried to change a very successful group of people.
BIG MISTAKE
Pros
Remembering how it use to be
Cons
Dealing with the Malihini
Fun if Stressful place
Resolution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 29, 2018
Typically call flow is pretty consistent, the company does allow agents to use cell phones when not on a call which is so great when days are slow. Company offers VTO voluntary time off if call flow allows and company also offers Overtime when necessary. Paid holidays are great too.
Pros
Great Benifits
Cons
Can be Stressful
Watch your Back
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Princeville, HIJuly 17, 2018
Don't be Timeshared by management. They're not your friends and will throw you under the Bus the first chance they get. Vistana is not Westin and the culture has changed dramatically. No Fun, No Budget and very weak management.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Everything Else
Very fun and Productive work environment
Administrative Assistant fulfilment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 27, 2018
This job is full of culture and friendly professionals. I take pride in the company I work for and would say that I am very branded. My favorite phrase is "Welcome home" because I make sure our guests are treated like family. That's what it's all about.
Pros
Working with Geat staff
Worst Place to Work
Sales (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAMarch 21, 2018
Management doesn’t care about you and half the time doesn’t even know what to do. A lot of favortisim, cheating and promises that are never kept. Holidays are not paid time off. No respect or morals. Gossip is very heavy. Employees get away with so much....the favored ones. Think twice before applying here. Before I forget HR is useless you ever have issues with management or an employee. Good Luck!
Pros
It’s a job
Cons
Management and Call Center Environment
not for me
OPC (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 7, 2018
This job was not a good fit for me. If you enjoy interacting with people and are good at persuading them to do time share tours this could be a great fit for you.
Best Management
Marketing OPC (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 22, 2017
In offsite marketing I have the best managers ever. They respond day or night, offer extra help and training and have a good disposition. Job includes working with people from all over the world. Generally indoor hotel locations working alongside concierge. Company has great name recognition and makes the job easier.
Pros
Discounts on Hotels at Sheraton and Marriott. Great health benefits
Cons
Seasonally busy and slow. Paycheck varies.
not the best
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CADecember 7, 2017
I worked at the westin desert willow villas in palm desert loved it but couldn't stand what was going on. I was forced to work on my 10 minute breaks, in fact I never had a 10 minute break at all in my time there. Managers played favorites and intimidatEd others for personal gain. Many times if I had a problem or question and asked my manager she would look at me like I was stupid or would get upset if I asked I difficultlyrics phrased question. overall I wish I never worked here
Pros
free food, relaxed rules
Cons
managers have favoritism, intimidation by mangers, managers feeding into gossip
Fun place
Engineering 3 (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLAugust 29, 2017
You will not get any promotion even if you are qualify and educated and you have all licenses and certificates
Too much corruption under table business with the contractors
100 % of managers and supervisors have no USA license or certification
Most of them don't speak English
Used to be better
Vacation Planning Counselor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 18, 2017
This job requires that you be a subject matter expert on a product that has so many different features and applications. You have to know about HOA's and how they operate and do their billing, you have to know about exchange companies, you have to know a little bit about hotels, flights, car rentals, etc., etc.

Basically, you're a travel agent with lower pay.
Pros
Stable company, great product
Cons
Lack of schedule flexibility, poor upper level leadership, low pay for what you're actually doing
Productive, fun, great benefits and comission
Owner Referral Clerk (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 15, 2016
Great fun place to work at. Hard working team and dedicated to achieving goals. Constantly trained and well informed about the product so we could sell vacation packages for in-bound customers.
Pros
Great benefits, free entrance to theme parks, comission, paid travel to Universal in California for getting more knowledge, and experiencing it personally to better sell product.
Cons
High call volumes, sometimes having to work more than 10 hours a day.
Limited advancement opportunities
Guest Services Associate (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 19, 2016
Limited advancement opportunities for any inside employee to the company. Guest services associates are required to take on multiple tasks as well as juggle multiple programs while on telephone calls. Workplace environment was friendly with co-workers but limited with management. Difficult situations such as limited information provided by management to complete daily job duties made it hard to do the job correctly. Most enjoyable part about this job was interacting with guests over telephone calls and assisting them with their needs on site and off site.
Great work environment/ management team
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Beaver Creek, COAugust 31, 2016
I really enjoy working with my team leaders. Its a very competitive environment, as any sales floor can be. Huddle at 7:15am every day with prior day sales review and rotation. Get office set up for presentations, wait for tours to show and do 90 minute owner and non owner product benefit review. Inventory manager turn and contract paperwork. The job can be very rewarding and challenging at the same time. The hardest part of the job is it can be very nuanced. One month, you might be incredibly successful, while the next may not be as such. Managing your expectations and keeping it fun is the key to being a timeshare salesperson. Incredible sales training environment.
Pros
Sales training that is unrivaled.
Cons
Family atmosphere, everyone is willing to help
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 3, 2016
Vistana Signature Experience is a great company and the best I've worked for. The Management is very nice and they make it seem like they really want you to grow. Co-workers are also awesome everyone is on your side and really cool. The only thing negative I have to say is that there is so much information and people ready to help you learn it can become overwhelming. If you do not have a manager that is good at directing you or having a specific plan on how they want you to sell then it's easy to become confused. Other than that great company!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vistana Signature Experiences. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about