Vistana Signature Experiences Employee Reviews

Excellent company
Accounting Specialist III/Admin Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Maui, HIFebruary 27, 2019
Excellent company to work for. I enjoyed working with the Marketing Directors. They have guided me to excel with the company. I've enjoyed working directly under the director of finance as she allowed me to make the necessary decisions pertains to the well being of the company.
Pros
Flexible hours and work remotely from home
Cons
Does not provide lunch for off site associates
Don't waste your time
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Koloa, HIFebruary 4, 2019
High Pressure Sales, Horrible managers and NO support.
It's all about who you know. Sales Director has 1 year experience?
No help at all...Tours are not qualified , Marketing is very bad.
Most days you sit around for hours waiting for a tour. This was a really bad experience... Don't waste your time !!!
Pros
Lunch
Cons
Everything else. It's scripted so a trained monkey can do it
Good Job not a Career
Vacation Planning Counselor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 17, 2019
Fast paced active environment alot of calls, alot of issues. Significant amount of time spent trying to conflict resolution and problem solve on the spot concerns from owners and guest.
Pros
Relaxed dress code
Cons
No Career advancement
Productive day to day basis
Inbound Customer Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 13, 2018
Great benefits and work environment
Great pay for the cost of living in Orlando area
Opportunity to grow within the Company
Had to leave the company because of my husband's job relocation
Idiot hiring manager in engineering dept.howly mind
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  HawaiiNovember 18, 2018
Hiring manager in engineering dept.kinda dumb,even you passed phone interview by the hr dept.the problem was when you meet personally the dumb hiring manager boring interview because they know nothing.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Stupid people become manager
Terrible place to work
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CANovember 16, 2018
I was set up for failure by lazy colleagues who did not like my professional work ethic and attention to detail. I didn't mind that so much because I figured the manager would appreciate me. I was wrong. I was persecuted for my political and religious beliefs but Human Resources blamed me for being political when a colleague looked at my Facebook page and complained.
Pros
Decent benefits, okay salary
Cons
Lazy colleagues and incompetent management
productive
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 25, 2018
excellent culture and fast paced environment
manager is supportive and provide opportunity to grow
lots of learning require fast learning ability for demanding deadlines
Pros
flexible hours
Family type environment with plenty of room to grow
Front-end Interactive Designer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 27, 2018
While on contract at Vistana I kept getting extended. I loved the culture and the people. I thought I was going to become permanent but things happened which when the project was over, they did not have placement for me. I would go back in an instant though.

Management has a clear vision and so do the directors. Vistana truly is a resort company moving toward the future.
Overall good
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCSeptember 2, 2018
Good employer to work for. Lack of employee loyalty and retention so the stress of covering hours when short staffed is very high. Not much consideration for employee's lives outside of work.
Pros
Free lunches, good pay, team environment
Cons
Scheduled extra and longer shifts when not asked
Productive and fun place
EXPLORER SPECIALIST, VISTANA SIGNATURE EXPERIENCES (Current Employee) –  9002 San Marco Ct. Orlando Fl 32819August 27, 2018
I have learned how to multitask to accomplish goals on time. Management is amazing they are flexible and understanding. The people here make you feel like you have a second family.I would have to say the hardest part is as with any call center angry guest.
Big Mistake
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Princeville, HIAugust 1, 2018
Vistana is a Old School Timeshare Company from Orlando, FL. Westin was a Company that was in Hawaii for a long time and got the culture. The biggest mistake Vistana made was not promoting from within the company.
They hired malihini from the mainland who had no idea about Hawaiian Culture and really didn't care.
They brought there pathetic sales strategies and tried to change a very successful group of people.
BIG MISTAKE
Pros
Remembering how it use to be
Cons
Dealing with the Malihini
Fun if Stressful place
Resolution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 29, 2018
Typically call flow is pretty consistent, the company does allow agents to use cell phones when not on a call which is so great when days are slow. Company offers VTO voluntary time off if call flow allows and company also offers Overtime when necessary. Paid holidays are great too.
Pros
Great Benifits
Cons
Can be Stressful
Watch your Back
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Princeville, HIJuly 17, 2018
Don't be Timeshared by management. They're not your friends and will throw you under the Bus the first chance they get. Vistana is not Westin and the culture has changed dramatically. No Fun, No Budget and very weak management.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Everything Else
Very fun and Productive work environment
Administrative Assistant fulfilment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 27, 2018
This job is full of culture and friendly professionals. I take pride in the company I work for and would say that I am very branded. My favorite phrase is "Welcome home" because I make sure our guests are treated like family. That's what it's all about.
Pros
Working with Geat staff
Worst Place to Work
Sales (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAMarch 21, 2018
Management doesn’t care about you and half the time doesn’t even know what to do. A lot of favortisim, cheating and promises that are never kept. Holidays are not paid time off. No respect or morals. Gossip is very heavy. Employees get away with so much....the favored ones. Think twice before applying here. Before I forget HR is useless you ever have issues with management or an employee. Good Luck!
Pros
It’s a job
Cons
Management and Call Center Environment
not for me
OPC (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 7, 2018
This job was not a good fit for me. If you enjoy interacting with people and are good at persuading them to do time share tours this could be a great fit for you.
Best Management
Marketing OPC (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 22, 2017
In offsite marketing I have the best managers ever. They respond day or night, offer extra help and training and have a good disposition. Job includes working with people from all over the world. Generally indoor hotel locations working alongside concierge. Company has great name recognition and makes the job easier.
Pros
Discounts on Hotels at Sheraton and Marriott. Great health benefits
Cons
Seasonally busy and slow. Paycheck varies.
not the best
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CADecember 7, 2017
I worked at the westin desert willow villas in palm desert loved it but couldn't stand what was going on. I was forced to work on my 10 minute breaks, in fact I never had a 10 minute break at all in my time there. Managers played favorites and intimidatEd others for personal gain. Many times if I had a problem or question and asked my manager she would look at me like I was stupid or would get upset if I asked I difficultlyrics phrased question. overall I wish I never worked here
Pros
free food, relaxed rules
Cons
managers have favoritism, intimidation by mangers, managers feeding into gossip
Fun place
Engineering 3 (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLAugust 29, 2017
You will not get any promotion even if you are qualify and educated and you have all licenses and certificates
Too much corruption under table business with the contractors
100 % of managers and supervisors have no USA license or certification
Most of them don't speak English
Used to be better
Vacation Planning Counselor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 18, 2017
This job requires that you be a subject matter expert on a product that has so many different features and applications. You have to know about HOA's and how they operate and do their billing, you have to know about exchange companies, you have to know a little bit about hotels, flights, car rentals, etc., etc.

Basically, you're a travel agent with lower pay.
Pros
Stable company, great product
Cons
Lack of schedule flexibility, poor upper level leadership, low pay for what you're actually doing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vistana Signature Experiences. Our community is ready to answer.

Vistana Signature Experiences Reviews by Location