Vistra Energy Employee Reviews

Great company; People Oriented; Superb Culture
Senior Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 27, 2018
Enjoy everything about working at Vistra, except the Open Concept is hard to get used to. Wish they had kept headquarters in Downtown Dallas. The commute is very hard on a great many of the staff, now that they have relocated to Irving. The management and people who work here are extremely good people! Very helpful and will listen to suggestions. The company offers many benefits and provides a fun atmosphere. Very people oriented company. Exceptional place to work.
Pros
Free Employee Lunch once every month
Cons
Open Concept can be loud and distracting; no privacy at all
great people to work with
Senior Engineering Analyst (Former Employee) –  Elgin, TXOctober 31, 2018
Industry not supported by past administrations.
Company was current with all the latest technologies.
Awesome place to work with great pay.
A place that thought about employees and had great benefits at a great price.
Going to miss working for this company.
Benefits
Cons
company layoffs
Not your typical EA duties
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 3, 2018
If your looking for a job that is less productive and somewhat boring, this is the place to be. No communication from executives, and even though your an EA you feel trust issues across the board with executives.
Pros
Monthly Free Lunch
Nice place to work but infrastructure was severly lacking
I.T. contractor for Help Desk Support (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 22, 2018
I worked in I.T. and although it was an easy relaxing place to work, it was not very organized and the general I.T. condition toward the internal customers was a severe lack of caring whether that customer got what they needed in a timely manner. Generally, if a trouble ticket was entered for a problem, it could take weeks before resolution unless you as the I.T. individual working that ticket cared enough about your customer to do your part as I tried to do and was successful for the most part. Their I.T. did not work weekends or nights either unless planned ahead of time for specific projects although most of the company worked 24x7, UNBELIEVABLE!!!
Pros
All drinks and coffee were free!
Cons
Severe lack of I.T. infrastructure to support the company.
Good overall place to work
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 14, 2018
Challenging industry. Had to bring very best effort every day to have long-term success. Not a place where you can coast. Quality C-level management and some great employees in key managerial positions.
Pros
Great leadership
Cons
Cumbersome operationally with too many checks and balances in place at times
I and C Technician
Plant Instrumentaion and Conrol Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, TXJanuary 24, 2018
Good place to work, things went down hill for the coal industry when natural gas got so cheap, causing this to be a dangerous place to work and would not spend money to fix things. Limped the plant along for 8 years and finally shut it down. Benefits and Pay were good. Good Folks, The new management don't care about employees though.
Pros
Pay and Vacation
Cons
Nasty, Hot environment
Wonderful place to work
Install Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 16, 2018
Loved working at Vistra. It was a wonderful environment the IT team that i worked with were a blast to work with and very knowledgeable. Any question you had they had no problem answering and did not make you feel silly for asking it.
Pros
Great Team
Cons
Contract work
Good place to work and good location
Manager Talent Acquisition (Former Employee) –  Irvine, TXMay 16, 2018
Vistra Energy has a good working environment for those individuals that want to excel in their chosen careers. Vistra Energy supports the out of the box thinker and a person that is ready to step forward with an idea and the research to support that idea.

Focus on customer service and customer experience.
Part of a larger coal plant fleet adds to my knowledge base
Environmental, Health & Safety Manager (Current Employee) –  Fannin, TXSeptember 11, 2018
Since I spent most of my time in semiconductor and aerospace plants, I had to learn rapidly when I entered the power generation industry. Vistra Energy helped me accelerate my understanding of the EHS requirements and challenges in the power generating industry.
The culture
Business Architecture & IT Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 20, 2018
*TXU Energy is a very flexible and diverse environment to work in. *TXU Energy has been in the top 10 for "Best Places to work" in the DFW area for the past 3 years.
*The hardest part of the job is avoiding unwanted politics within the corporate space, otherwise the employees are treated fairly well.
Luncheon every Friday
Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 17, 2018
There was a lot of team work. We had people with many technical background that would be willing to help in assisting with technical issues. As a team overall the contract ended
Pros
Luncheon every Friday
Cons
n/a
Good employer
Plant Operator (Current Employee) –  Rockdale, TXJanuary 22, 2018
Good employer to work and good compensation and good people to work with, nice location, good benefits, good educational training, good safety culture.
Pros
pay
Cons
schedule
Poor management, throwing under the bus
System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJanuary 27, 2018
Management took a negative stance on treatment of employees but finding someone to throw under the bus -- usually to cover their departments. Weekly meetings, or even monthly as said were not happening. Help was not provided and a non-proactive stance to listen to employees was taken. Hostile work environment.
Cons
No job stability, terrorized by unruly users
Pleasant, productive environment
Technical Writer (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 23, 2018
Quiet working conditions. People are generally focused and productive. Excellent consideration for employees and contractors. Plentiful break rooms, coffee, sinks, and refrigerators. Free sodas are provided.
Pros
Free sodas.
Cons
None.
Was great place to work.
Control Room Operator/Plant Operator (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, TXDecember 14, 2017
Was good place to work for last several years, provided security for my family for several years.The company is going in different direction with new management.
Accounts Payable Coordinator I (Former Employee) –  Downtown DallasJuly 6, 2017
Day starts by addressing critical vendor entries so that payment will released immediately. Address emails starting with most urgent. Run various query reports analyze each report. Handle vendor concerns regarding payments and/or invoice processing. Enter timesheets for employees that work in the field. Management very responsive and helpful when it is needed. Encouraged team work and increasing your knowledge. Atmosphere stress free and lively.
it good to be there
SalesForce Developer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 28, 2017
every day we will enjoy while working.very stress free .some of the days in a month will be typial to get through .management is very friendly with all the employees
n/a
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXMay 2, 2017
Great company to work but I have not benefits from this agency. I would likely recommend this job to a friend for a start and to learn more about customer service.
Nice place to work
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 16, 2017
Worked downtown Dallas. Communicated with team in India to build software. HCL was a little disorganized as the company moved out of receivership and into this new organization.
Pros
pay was good
Cons
too short
review
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXNovember 6, 2017
learned a lot of new tricks involving my different job tasks. my day to day work was never ending. a typical day in work was always very organized and full of never ending work activity

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vistra Energy. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2