Vitacost Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
High School mentality
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 10, 2018
Management is horrible with handling issues. A lot of favoritism. You will never know what time you are getting off and management seems to not understand how important that is. Horrible communication skills from management to Associates as well as human resources department last two skills to handle issues appropriately.
Productive workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lexington, NCJune 21, 2018
Vitacost was a place that was fast paced at times of sales and slow when sales were not running. My coworkers were great. We all worked as a team. The customers are very difficult but management helps us to get the customers a middle line where everyone is happy.
Perfect in the start goes down hill quickly
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lexington, NCJune 19, 2018
Schedules were horrid. Under paid. Too many cheifs not enough Indians. Too many changes and everyone not on the same page. Lack of communication. Not very personable.
Verbally abusive management
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Lexington, NCJune 12, 2018
Working in a warehouse unpacking product all night with other people and we were not allowed to talk. Even if numbers were high if you were caught talking you would be brought into the managers office and threatened. There was no valid reason for this rule.
Pros
N/a
Great working experience
Freelance Writer (Current Employee) –  Clark County, NVMay 27, 2018
Workers I interacted with were extremely welcoming and dedicated to their jobs.

Company is laudable for being open to work with a writer from a different country
n/a
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 13, 2018
A typical day consists of picking and packing orders for customers. It taught me how to work in a hot environment because the ac didn't work too well.
If you have kids, or go to school this job isnt for you
Static (Current Employee) –  Lexington, NCMay 11, 2018
Job is VERY fast paced! You work 10-12 hours a day plus 6 days a week. And it's MANDATORY, that's right no option. You have no life outside of here!!!
Pros
Overtime lol
Cons
Short breaks, no paid lunch, too much hours
Productive and fun place to work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Lexington, NCMarch 20, 2018
This was a very fast paced job for anyone that was coming in off the streets. Most people would end up leaving due to the long hours of being on your feet for the amount of time and on the cement.
Busy
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Lexington, NCMarch 17, 2018
Could improve their management, along with their HR representatives. They don't sympathize with their employees, or care about job and life balance. Very poor leadership.
Pros
Coworkers
Typical Sweatshop
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Lexington, NCFebruary 23, 2018
Out of the mouth of management, this warehouse was open when a local factory was shut down. They kept the pay low because they knew people were out of work and would take low pay just to have a job. Paid much less than Vegas or Florida warehouses. Strict on time and production and for the pay, you can work at McDonalds for what they are paying and way less stress. Mandatory overtime is causing a turn around of employees as well as its non stop to keep you numbers to stay. They don't want you to have a life outside of the warehouse. By the time you leave, you have no energy to have an outside life. The equipment can't keep up, so it causes your numbers to fall short for a incentive bonus. Not to mention, you would have to be a robot to do what it takes.
Pros
it a job
Cons
Under paid for the amount of intensive labor, long hours, incredible turnover
Not a real good work environment.
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 20, 2018
Constant monitoring of employees, feels like a work release program. Blaring music, hip hop and Spanish, a Labor Standard program that creates a hostile work environment pitting employee against employee to get incentive's. Too much favoritism.
Pros
All the benefits you want.
Cons
Terrible work invironment, angry people.
Fast-paced
WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 13, 2018
This job was very stressful at times. There were a few times where hot headedness took place. Peep speaking drama about each other. If it wasn't for the pay, I would have quit long before I got terminated.
productive, fast pace, long hours
Fulfillment Associate (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 17, 2018
Vita Cost provides great opportunity for those who is beginning or seeking a challenging career. High volume, fast pace, long hours, surrounding around great personalities.
Pros
Over time hours if needed
Cons
In need of extra cash
need help in the management
Database Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lexington, NCJanuary 11, 2018
need help in the management.
never know how many hours to work a day or on the week.
most of the time have to work the weekdays.
never know where we are going to work.
Vitacost
IT Administrator (Current Employee) –  Lexington, NCJanuary 3, 2018
The jobs have many ups and downs. It has been a learning experience. Anyone who is working within IT and wants to learn many different technologies would love this position.
Nice place to work
Assistant Batch Formulator (Former Employee) –  Lexington, NCOctober 29, 2017
Nice place to work,would still be there if the department did not relocate.The company had good benefits and the teams was great I would have retired from this company.
productive and stressful enviroment.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Lexington, NCAugust 28, 2017
Scanned and documented items in database to ensure verification o item listed on order receipt(s), Obtained merchandise from, bins or shelves to complete orders, Read orders to as certain cata long numbers, sizes, colors, and quantities of merchandise, packaged products and made sure product was examined and free of defects as well as met specifications, Conveyed packages to specific destination with in warehouse for shipping.
Customer Service Rep
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lexington, NCAugust 27, 2017
Good place to work, less stressful than most call centers. You start off part time then after 3 months u can go to full time. Pay is 11.00 starting out, which is low for a call center, but environment is laid back and management is helpful and friendly.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Pay is low, no benefits, and no sick days for full time employees
Good for introverts and extroverts
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 15, 2017
I like it. Surprisingly there is a lot of extroverts here although they prefer you to really be quite and get to work. You're expected to really do your job and your numbers, breaks, and bathroom breaks will be tracked and they will ask you whats going on. If you are a slacker or call off a lot this job isn't for you. They offer good over time during busy weeks and months. You get PTO and four 10 hour shifts. I've been here for a month witnessed someone getting fired for slacking. My advice? Get enough sleep and take a job serious and you'll see the benefits. I like it here because I can keep to myself set my own goals and everyone is nice
Pros
Reasonable lunches and breaks
Cons
None to very little raises
Fast paced work environment.
Picker/Packer/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Lexington, NCJuly 25, 2017
I enjoyed working for vitacost,but the hours got to be too much for me. It started as occasional OT, then was mandatory once hired and the OT was EVERY week! I was working 6 days a week 11 hour shifts...and usually had one day off a week. I wouldn't recommend this job to anyone who has little ones. Very demanding physically, and u have to have a certain percentage on ur job and if u didn't be make that percentage regularly then be they would discharge you. (I've seen it first hand)
Pros
Nice paychecks
Cons
Not enough days off