Vital Farms

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Inclusive work environment

Fast-paced, growing pains

Good people to work with and really good culture when compared to most. Everyone works very hard in an environment where this is much more to be done than can be done but that is what you might expect in a company that is growing fast. Very talented people throughout the company at all levels. Still trying to figure out how to get everyone aligned on goals but getting closer to achieving that.

Pros

Supported, part of a really good team

Cons

Long hours, week in, week out

Great place to work !

I love working at Vital, the company cares about their employees and it shows . It is fast paced and physical so you must be willing to work hard. At times it can be stressful, but it’s also rewarding and satisfying at the end of the day.

Pros

Good Pay and Benefits

Cons

No sick days

Productive environment with management issues

I've been working at Vital for over a year now. When I started, there was hardly any overtime and everything felt relatively fair. But now, you're basically forced to work overtime a lot. They do a system where the more you work, the less you have to be forced. Which isn't fair considering we have families. Also, we don't see office people doing overtime. Also, they expect us to be ok with making the same amount we've been making while offering a sign-on bonus for new people. I wouldn't normally leave a bad review and just go to management, but we've went to management and were told that we basically make $20 an hour with snacks and Thursday lunches. Last I checked, those don't pay the bills. The place is going downhill very quickly and they're blind to it. While it could be worse, it's getting worse. The work is very physical, so if you can't handle that, definitely don't apply. It is air conditioned, though.

Pros

Free Thursday lunches and snacks. Frequent bonuses.

Cons

Favoritism. Ignores the needs of employees.

Overall a great group of people!

It’s hard work and fast paced so it’s not always easy. Overall good teamwork when you’re having a rough day. Every company has its pros and cons and vital is the same. While I don’t expect any company to be perfect I do appreciate that they genuinely care for everyone and work to ensure we have a successful day. Very high growth rate so sometimes it can get chaotic but general direction of the company is very positive. Starting to see more room for growth which is always a good thing.

Pros

Free lunch, good bonus plan, good culture

Cons

Hard work, lots of moving pieces

VF: Bullsh*t Free

Vital has good intentions. Despite having horrible management in the actual facility, their mission statement is great. Once you WORK at VF, you’ll notice the culture on the floor is nothing but favoritism, micromanagement, getting told one thing while another happens, all the while they are sporting the slogan, “Bullsh*t Free”. They really don’t pay very well compared to some of the other factories in the area (starting at $14). If they could just get management on the right track it would be a much better place to work. Basically, if you want to feel like you’re 17 again listening to the teacher saying “The bell doesn’t dismiss you, I do”, then come work at Vital Farms!

Pros

Thursday lunches, Steady Paycheck

Cons

Constant Overtime, Favoritism, Horrendous Management.

Would you rate your company five stars?

Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.

Worst job experience I've ever had.

I'm no stranger to hard work, but this company will take advantage of you in every way possible. Terrible management. They're actually being sued for wrongful termination based on racial discrimination. The pay is good, but you're selling your soul and sanity for $13/hr and some eggs. The only good thing about the company were my coworkers, but largely due to the fact that we were bonded by the INSANITY the management WILL DEFINITELY put you through. I've seen people pass out and a manager literally step over them to put a box of eggs on the line. Management/HR ignores harassment (unless you claim it was a minority who harassed you, then they are all over it whether it happened or not). In short, apply at your own risk.

Pros

Lunch on Thursdays

Cons

Management, Hr, pretty much everyone up top.

Overall good place to work

This is a good place to work if you are motivated to advance in your career. I worked my way up from the bottom by working hard and learning while I work. There is opportunity if you know how to take it.

March 31, 2020
Thanks for your feedback, and we're thrilled to hear that you're enjoying your experience on our Crew. As you know, one of our core values is to Lead with a Growth mindset. We agree that there is absolutely opportunity to advance your career with Vital Farms for those who have a drive to succeed, and the desire to learn. Keep raising the standards, Vital Farmer!

Chickens are treated better than employees

It sounds and looks like a great place to work, until you hit the floor. Managers love gossip and will watch Packers struggle, they are two-faced so beware. If you have any work related injuries, or obtain them on the job you'll be walked out. It's a fancy looking sweat shop where you're taken advantage of and are just a number.

Pros

Benefits, eggs, weekends off

Cons

They just don't care about their people

February 28, 2020
Vital Farms takes the safety of all our Crew members seriously. Occasionally workplace injuries can occur in a production environment, and we do our very best to mitigate these through training, posted signs, using state of the art equipment, and Shift Lead supervision. When incidents do occur and are reported to the Shift Leads and Human Resources, we always conduct an incident investigation as quickly as possible, refer the Crew member for medical treatment as needed, and conduct a drug screen. We also provide assistance in navigating Workers Compensation claims, when relevant. It’s important to note that we can only respond to support the Crew member when management and HR are alerted to the incident, and we encourage all Crew to report incidents promptly. Your review is a reminder for us that Vital Farms can take additional steps to communicate this process to our Crew more clearly and frequently, so that no injuries go unreported or unsupported.

Terrible experience

Management and crew members acted like a gang to get rid of certain employees, the work it’s self was very nice but the people and drama makes it extremely difficult to stay around

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Horrible people, drama and stressful environment

February 25, 2020
We strive to provide a positive work environment for all of our Crew members, and we never like to hear that someone had a negative experience on our Crew. At Vital Farms, we hold all of our Crew Members to high standards and expect all Crew to treat one another with respect at all times, without exception. On the occasions where Crew Members refuse to uphold our values and standards, we often have to say goodbye. These tough decisions are necessary because we are committed to maintaining a culture that is in line with our values and a work environment that is safe and welcoming to all. To uphold and bolster that culture, we have recently started to provide training for Crew Members on topics like giving and receiving feedback, with the aim of creating more open and healthy dialogue among the Crew. We appreciate your feedback, and will continue to make investments into this area.

Very fast paced, but very rewarding

Like any workplace, Vital Farms has it's pros and cons. There's a lot of pros, including: a beautiful and clean facility, competitive pay and benefits, and multiple shows of gratuity through gifts, free products, meals, etc. However, being a fast-paced production facililty can result in some stressful days, and various personnel issues fail to get dealt with in a timely manner. Vital Farms is a very new and growing company, however, and I feel like they are headed in the right direction.

Pros

Competitive pay, clean facility, occasional free lunches

Cons

Very fast and sometimes stressful/overwhelming

October 21, 2019
Thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback; we’re always striving to make Vital Farms an even better place to work, and we can’t do that unless we hear from Crew like you! We’re proud of our state-of-the-art facility, and are happy to hear that our benefits and Crew appreciation efforts are meaningful to you! It sounds like our response time to personnel issues may not fully meet your expectations. If you haven’t already, we encourage you to speak directly to your manager or to HR about any concerns that you have. We’ll keep working to speed up our resolution processes!

Vital farms showed me to work hard and keep at a fast pace

I really enjoyed working at vital farms it thought me how to work hard and how to keep a fast pace. Everyone got along and worked very hard and we were treated really well. the hardest part of my job is say was picking up the heavy boxes but never minded it.

October 21, 2019
Thank you for your feedback! We know that our Crew works hard to keep our facility running as efficiently and effectively as possible, and that often means working quickly. We’re glad to hear that your team worked well together in order to accomplish our collective goals – we appreciate all your hard work.

They were a good place to work for

They were a good place to work for I had a boss that was very relaxed and very underatanding if I needed a day off and they were very nice to me in my time I've spent there.

Pros

Free eggs

Cons

Short hours

October 21, 2019
We appreciate your feedback, and are so happy that your experience on our Crew was a great one! We strive to create an environment where our Crew members can develop supportive and transparent relationships with their managers. We’re glad to hear we hit the mark!

Do not apply

Do NOT work for this company if you are or plan to get pregnant. I was starting to get too big and the company made it VERY clear they did not want to keep me much longer nor give me maternity leave. The management is horrendous and loves to play the favorite game with certain employees. The leads for the production line are very, very lazy and love to bully the packers on the line. Overall, the benefits and pay are really good but the management just pushes too many GOOD workers out and it’s a shame. Good luck trying to get ahold of HR and trying to talk to someone in higher management about issues inside the company. It’s a very lazy, manipulated and CROOKED company to work for.

Pros

Free lunches on Thursdays, benefits, free eggs

Cons

HORRIBLE management and construction of the company

February 25, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback! I’m glad to hear that you found our benefits and pay to be exceptional, and that you enjoyed working with good co-workers. It sounds like your experience wasn’t in line with your expectations with regards to our parental leave policies. We do offer all new parents 6 weeks of paid leave, and it sounds like that information may not have been correctly communicated. Your feedback will help us to improve our internal communications and ensure that all of our Crew know what benefits are available to them through Vital Farms; thanks again for bringing this to our attention.

cool job

vital farm was a good work place we start packing eggs and we rotate every 30 m we work as a team help build pallet I would help train new members key is work at fast past . I learn a bunch of new things from packing to sanitizing belts . one excellent thing they gave us every Thursday was free meal for everyone .

Pros

good benifits and money

Cons

too farr frome home

Productive, and relaxing on the right days

Work was productive and every Wednesday or Thursday they would show their appreciation by buying them dinner and on holiday's there would be events such as exchanging gifts or early release it was truly fun to work there.

Pros

Free lunches, and to play soccer.

Cons

break's could be a hassle for being unfair to those who would leave the floor after others.

Family oriented work place

I learned to be more sociable around people. I enjoyed the production process as well as sanitation days. Family oriented work place I would say. 14/hr.

Cons

Short lumch

Vital Farms was a great place to work

Easy labor but at times it can get stressful but overall the co-workers, management, and hire-ups are fantastic people. The company prerogative was all about free range chickens and their eggs. The free range of their cows for the butter. Overall I absolutely loved working for Vital Farms.

Pros

Lunches paid once a week. Free eggs. Very employee friendly work place.

Cons

Not really a con just helpful if you know Spanish.

Good job but only if you're willing and able to stay focused and be quick.

It's not for everyone. VF is a fast-paced environment. The facility was brand-new, when they started operations in Sept., 2017. The place is highly automated, with about 40 people cranking out a million eggs on average every day. You have to be quick, and be ready for change. A lot of people quit that place, especially the first few months. Compensation is good. Everyone non-management starts at $13 hour for first and $14 for second shift. Benefits begin the day you start. You get 4 hours paid time off per 2 week pay period, which translates into 13 days par year, although only 24 hours roll over at the end of the calendar year - the rest you use or lose.

Pros

Free lunches on Thursdays -- free eggs to take home on Thursdays good benifits

It's still a new company. Management often didn't know what their next moves would be, so it could be pretty stressful. They have a high turnover. Pay and benefits are good, but you had better be pretty adaptable to work at Vital Farms.

Good pay, good benefits grulling work and hours!

Overall the management of vital Farms is not very friendly or professional. That is a very hard factory to work in and you will have to work very long hours. They do pay very well and have the greatest benefits however.

Pros

Free lunches, great pay, great benefits, good location, nice breakroom

Cons

Rude Management, unsociable Management, uncaring staff, playing favorites, hard work, long hours, rough parking, one fridgerator

vital farms

worked there for a few months. they have a great message and great idea but the leadership micromanages way to much. let good leaders have some control.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vital Farms. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
4.0Personal Development
4.6Career Opportunities
3.9Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight