VITAL RECORDS CONTROL Employee Reviews

Worst place I've ever worked at, I lasted 6 weeks.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJuly 2, 2018
If you don't mind what the Melbourne branch considers a director sucking on a vapor pipe indoors and not taking care of the trucks wanting you to wear 100% polyester shirts,slacks in Florida with the heat and humidity with no AC in the trucks then this is the job for you. Trust me I only lasted 6 weeks.
Pros
They don't bother you on your work.
Cons
They could care less about their employees.
Not a company I can recommend
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LA 70506June 13, 2018
Not organized environment
Did not train staff. Was told to learn on your own
Could not trust upper management
Being asked to be dishonest with the customers
I enjoyed working with my customers and the original staff
Pros
Customer relations
Cons
Lack of communication with new management
Ok job
Ware house (Former Employee) –  Goose Creek, SCMarch 13, 2018
Easy job nice people..got along well with manager..just time for me me to make a change for me and my family...need a career not a job................
Pros
Laid back
Cons
Pay
A great workplace!
Imaging Clerk/Records Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chester, VAFebruary 11, 2018
Great workplace and very productive! VRC have several locations in several states to relocate and is a very family oriented. There is never a dull moment.
Benefits ok Management good Pay horrible
Document Imager (Former Employee) –  Maumelle, ARJanuary 23, 2018
Overall I liked working at VRC. I was busy all day without feeling stressed. My co-workers were interesting and management was decent. The only downside to working there, which is the reason I ultimately left, is the pay. If they could restructure the work load to increase the pay per hour, then it would be a great place to work. Now it has been some years since I have worked there, so they may have already made these changes.
Pros
Free monthly lunches with raffle
Cons
Low pay
A good job
Records Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Florence, ALJanuary 5, 2018
Vital records is a good. We come in at 8am an get off at 5pm. I work in the shred room,shredding paper. I've learned safety an work tips,how to deal with cold an hot temps. The hardest part of the job is the temperature in the warehouse.
Pros
1hr lunch
Cons
Weather
Not a great place to work
Customer Service/Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJuly 13, 2017
Not a great place to work. Took it as a last resort job. Heavy work load poor pay. Benefits never explained fully. Expect you to work through breaks and lunch hour with no additional pay. Small office micro managed.
Pros
Cons
poor pay
summary
Office and Accouting Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJuly 10, 2017
It was a small office no office politics to deal with unlike larger companies. The atmosphere was casual and everyone got along with management. Never any major issues.
Horrible place to work
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Goose Creek, SCJuly 9, 2017
Worst place to ever work. Absolutely no job security or advancement. Poor management from attitudes toward employees to over all process of how the business is ran.
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
No raises, no respect, zero job security, no microwave, poor management
Company focus is on the ego of senior management and not on customer service.
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Colonial Heights, VAMay 23, 2017
Senior company management operates under the assumption that with one year of experience thirty times (thirty years experience), that they know the ins and outs of the records storage business.
With the takeover of our facility, existing personnel were used to guide the transition process and then replaced with less experienced leadership.
There is no job security with this company if senior leadership believes that you may know more about the operation than they do or that you may offer suggestions that they later adopt as if the idea was theirs.
VRC is a very ego driven company at the corporate level and struggles to provide good customer service in part as a result of the treatment of their employees.
This company values the next "deal" and not it's facility staffs. Each business "deal" is viewed as a success until later when facility personnel have to be cut as a result of poor business planning and decisions. They believe that an average salesmen has the ability to manage facility operations as long as they (senior management) review every decision.
Pros
If you want to work in record storage, the day that Iron Mountain hires you is a good day.
Cons
Poor business management, using up employees until they have the knowledge that they need and then discarding them, no ability to make key decisions without the input from senior management, supervisors and managers have the title but no ability to conduct business on their own.
In Record time
Indexing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLApril 4, 2017
Vital Records is a very high secured building to work with in and out. The staff are great and very down to earth. It is a fast pace job on demand at times. You always need to be on alert.
Cons
no microwave to heat up lunches.....
Don't waste your time working for this company
Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLMarch 25, 2017
you get treated like a kid,.If u like to be treated like a 5 year old well this is the place for you. im a current employee and looking for new job!!!
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
Lazy management
Dumpster Fire with Bad Morale
Records Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 13, 2017
If you need a steady job while looking for better, go ahead and apply.
But if you want to make a career, look elsewhere.

-It all starts at the top, with poor (mis)management.

-It seems corporate is more worried about "what-ifs" and "maybes" instead of reality of the day-to-day activity.

-They have plenty of excessive security policies that do nothing more than complicate simple processes.

-You should expect minimal pay with few, if any, opportunities for advancement or significant pay raises.

-Their yearly performance review is a joke, with reliable employees often only being given 30 cent raises.

-A pro is that the hours are fairly consistent, unless management get in over their head with a project and need to extend hours for more productivity.

-Don't expect loyalty from the company. I've seen a person let go with one day's notice just because management couldn't find work for them.

-Break Room and Restroom Facilities are lacking!
Employees are not allowed a break room microwave (justified by some ridiculous fire code policy).
And about 20 men are forced to share one toilet in the whole facility.
(One former employee would hide out in a second bathroom, so the second bathroom was shut down and never re-opened.)
Pros
Steady Hours, Little to No Weekend Work
Cons
Lack of Morale/Leadership, Basic Pay/Benefits, No Advancement
Just a paycheck,not a career
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Maumelle,ARFebruary 23, 2017
Easy job to work just to have some income,dusty environment,pay is $11 p/hr virtually no chance for raise or advancement,management has no management skills or experience so that leads to a not-so-good work environment.limited restroom facilities.no breakroom.high turnover rate.the high seniority employee been there 2 years.the job is ok,if u need a steady paycheck.
Pros
easy job
Cons
Management should fired.worker moral is very low, 30 employees but 1 restroom, extremely dusty work environment, $11 p/hr, paid every 2 weeks, alot of unneccessary job stress
I did Medical Transcription
Data Technician (Former Employee) –  Maumelle, ARFebruary 20, 2017
I would Transcribe Medical Documents. Type Medical Documents.
Give names to the documents that the doctors had given the company I worked for and we scanned I would give the proper term to them.
Easy job but can not grow
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARDecember 3, 2016
It is one of the easiest jobs you can have in a warehouse. You work eight hours a day in the day time monday thru friday. The pay is not good and they do not give good raises.
Pros
Easy job monday thru friday
Cons
Terrible insurance and low pay
A great place to work
Indexer (Current Employee) –  TennesseeOctober 11, 2016
Great environment with friendly coworkers. Very laidback and a great place to work for. Management is fair to every employee and understanding.
Pros
employee lunch, long breaks
Cons
no paid time off
Don't work here, awful job!!!
Imaging Clerk (Former Employee) –  Maumelle, ARSeptember 25, 2016
This company needs to improve in many areas, I would not recommend my worst enemy working for this place. They treat you (management) like you are beneath them. Pay is terrible, working environment is terrible, and overall I don't know how in the world they put certain people in charge at VRC. They are rude and just not a good place to spend your days! Working days that is, you been warned, don't apply it isn't worth it!!
Pros
Cons
Too many to name
Worst place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Colonial Heights, VAAugust 30, 2016
The management sucks and very disrespectful. The treat you like trash and take there frustration out on the workers. The hours suck you never can get anything personal done.
Pros
Cons
Short breaks and pay
Easy Job, Management sucked
Customer Service/Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FL 33907May 18, 2016
Job was extremely easy all you did was answer calls, put together orders, and a little bit of data entry, but the office manager couldn't manage to save her life.
Pros
Full-time, no weekends, decent hours
Cons
Manager, drama