Vital Research Employee Reviews

Interesting and challenging Work
Interview Specialist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 2, 2019
This work fulfilled my needs and expectations for a project position. It was interesting, challenging and allowed me to use my social work skills. I was responsible for interviewing recipients of Medicare and Disability services in the state of Colorado. The work involved utilizing an interview script and ipad. Clients and their families were wonderful and receptive to the interview process. It was an eye opening experience that I will cherish.
Pros
Good pay, steady project work
Cons
Out of state management somewhat challenging to local issues.
Love it!
QAM/Field Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOJuly 31, 2019
This company is amazing! Not only do I get to meet amazing people that I interview but I also lways have support from upper management! I actually felt like I was making a difference in people's lives!
Pros
Flexible, money, make a difference
Cons
Study only lasts so long
Disorganized contract work
Field Interviewer (Former Employee) –  variousJuly 22, 2019
Serious systemic organizational problems. Low pay. Poor training. Disjointed coverage areas. No stipend for incidentals. Varied compensation rates which do not account for excessive mileage.
Flexible and supportive work place
Field Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYJune 20, 2019
Vital research is a great company for people wanting or needing flexibility in their work hours. The managers are all approachable and rooting for your success. They also compensate you fairly.
Loved the actual work.
Field Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Northern ColoradoJune 20, 2019
My time there started a bit on the rough side, as I was told in the interview and job offer that I could work 20 to 40 hrs a week, it was up to me. I then got confronted by the director for working more than 20 hrs a week. I explained my situation, and was told point blank that I could not work more than 20 hrs a week. It was pretty lame, because I turned down other offers to work this job based on the ability to work up to 40 hrs.
With that said, I loved the actual work. Going out and interviewing the participants was a blast!
Love working with this company, management is great!
Field Interviewer- 2017- Ongoing Seasonal (Current Employee) –  Colorado SpringsJune 10, 2019
Excellent part-time seasonal job for a work at home person. You set your own hours and schedule up to 25 to 30 weekly. Constant contact with management and great communication via zoom and email. I am on round three with this company and have witnessed their overall growth in other States!
Wonderful Work
Field Interviewer (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaMay 22, 2019
VR is one of the best companies I've worked for and had a positive experience. Workload was manageable after I got my footing. When I needed help someone was always available to answer questions. It can be hard to convince people that it's in everyone's best interest to participate in the survey/interview so being informed of the surveys content is necessary so you are not caught off guard when someone asks you why should I do the survey. The fact VR is geared in my area at helping the State with people with disabilities and the aging population makes me want to do the best I can so they can receive the best care they can.
Pros
Mileage Reimbursement, Set Your Own Schedule, Laid Back Conference Calls, Awesome People To Work With
Cons
Driving in the winter can be challenging.
Part-time, temporary position
Field Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Work/traveled from homeNovember 27, 2018
This position was for a certain project and only lasted until the project was complete. I enjoyed working with the company very much and would return, if any other projects were offered.
Pros
Excellent teams to work with.
Cons
You never knew where you going to be working from one week to the next.
Okay
Field Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 18, 2018
Good place. I liked the management team and my coworkers. The know what they are doing and have a consistent and clear training schedule. I would recommend this place to others.
Contract work
FIELD RESEARCHER (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDMay 9, 2018
This was a temporary job, therefore there was no room for advancement. Their headquarters is located in California and had a research project in Boise. They had a two day training that went well . Staff are very knowledgeable. They provided ongoing support.
great job
Field Interviewer -Temporary (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 2, 2018
Wonderful staff, great way to hone research and interview techniques. Wished it was permanent instead of temporary. Would work for them again if asked.
Wonderful
Secretary and data entry specialist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 28, 2018
Vital Research is an amazing place to work. Great benefits and great staff. Management is very friendly and easy to approach about anything. Great friendly atmosphere, very laid back.
Pros
benifits
Cons
Mission-driven organization with a collaborative work environment
Statewide team (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 9, 2018
The company is the best place I've ever worked. The work helps the community, the people who work there are great, and management really cares about their employees.
Great Opportunity & Interesting Work
Independent Contractor-Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 11, 2017
Great opportunity to strengthen interpersonal skills while making a fair income. The managers are really wonderful. This is a small but growing company; leadership seems to really believe in what they do. Hardest part of the job is arranging to interview people in person, also seeing so many people who are suffering.
Pros
flexible
Cons
temporary
A great experience
Interviewer/Field Organizer (Former Employee) –  OhioOctober 31, 2017
I was an Interviewer and assisted with the 2017 Resident Satisfaction survey project. I've never engaged in a project that was more satisfactory to me personally. Although it sometimes seemed hectic, especially as the goals and quotas were elevated, the work itself was enriching, the pay fair, and the staff were great to work with.
Pros
personal satisfaction from assisting those who generally had no voice get heard.
Cons
When they are done with your services, they are done with little warning.
Very interesting project with great managers and team mates
Field Interviewer (Current Employee) –  OhioSeptember 27, 2017
I've enjoyed being part of the Field Interviewer team. Great managers and friendly co-workers. This is a temporary job and I will be sorry when it ends.
Field Representative
Field Representative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 8, 2017
A great company to work for. One of the best part time jobs I've ever had. Great pay, enjoyable research projects to work on annually and a biannual one. You make your own hours so it's very flexible. I really enjoy working for them & meeting new people.
Pros
great pay, good company, make your own hours, flexible & part time
Cons
projects only last 1-1/2 to 2 months each year
Wonderful
Project Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 18, 2015
Wonderful company, great people, great benifits, great pay. Boss is funny lots of fun team building activities. Constantly looking to improve company by asking all employees what they would expect from company.
Vital Reseach
Site Testing Manager, Contractor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 11, 2014
A reputable research and evaluation firm in Los Angeles, CA.

Staff were trained by an internal staff member who lead the evaluation team throughout all stages of the survey administration (pre and post.)

I learned how to administer surveys to youth under the age of 18 (ethics, confidentiality agreements, technique, etc.)

We participated in group debriefing sessions to share tips with others working on the same project.

The agency hosted a "thank you" dinner for all those working on the project.

This firm does a great job of supporting and expressing gratitude to all those they hire.
Pros
Professional
Cons
n/a
Fun and fulfilling
3rd Grade Tutor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 13, 2013
Worked with four children. Helped with their reading and writing skills.
Pros
working with children, working with friends at school
Cons
temporary job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vital Research. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5