Vital Smiles Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Experience at Vital smiles
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJuly 10, 2018
I loved having the opportunity to learn at Vital smiles everyone there is so nice helpful and understanding it was easy to catch on and learn and I would love to be considered for a position
Basic position with no added amenities or benefits..
Externship (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 22, 2018
Just a good basic job. Not much direction or collaboration with job duties . Not a plotonicly inclined work culture. Smaller office. Nice people . Everyone kept to themselves. No added team activities or perks. Just a basic job.
Pros
Basic good people.
Cons
No added amenities. Not on buss line.
No advancemnt
Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 29, 2018
There is no advancement or a change for a raise working for this company. Works you a lot but doesn't want to pay you for your work. Good breaks, and some friendly co-workers, but poor management
Pros
long lunches, pay
Cons
management
Awful Don't waste your time
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Albany, GANovember 18, 2017
Awful poor management.micro manage . Backstabbing .No room for advancement. Uneducated managers. They hire managers from out of town. No one ever stays
face paced
Full-time Dental Hygienist (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALOctober 14, 2017
The environment can be stressful at times due to patient overflow. the doctors area amazing to work for. Very fast pace, pros are benefits, cons hard to have time off for certain times of the year if you have young children.
Pros
health benefits
Cons
timing with patients
Fast paced, great for getting experience.
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALOctober 10, 2017
Good experience. You're pretty much guaranteed hours.Decent benefits. They micromanage too much. They feed you lies. Possibly go years without a raise
Pros
You usually get your full 37 hours or close to it
Cons
Constantly micromanaged, no raises, they lie to you a lot
Worst months of my life.
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Midfield, ALJuly 24, 2017
Overall the staff is the reason why you would stay more than one day working there. Everyone there is super nice except one doctor and the clinical coordinator. You are constantly micromanaged over the silliest tasks, and treated like you know absolutely nothing about the job regardless of what you are doing. Everyone has to take their PTO at the same time every year, and NOBODY can get off during the summer months; Even if you have an emergency.
During the interview you are told that after 90 days you have a pay raise, yet employees working there 3+ years have yet to see one.
Pros
Amazing doctors (Except one) and staff to work with, treated just like family
Cons
Limited PTO, complete monster for a boss, treated like an idiot and talked down to constantly
Summary
Front Desk/Radiograph Technician (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 14, 2017
Vital Smiles would be a better job if they had different management. The management at vital Smiles especially Midfield is terrible!!!Even the Corporate manager is awful.
Benefits
Cons
management
Very stressful place
Front desk Manager (Current Employee) –  Albany, GAApril 18, 2017
They need more trained staff working there and not just a bunch of friends and family. It really is under staff and they can not keep staff due to the
Pros
off every weekend
Cons
understaffed
great place to work!
Event Coordinator/marketing (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAAugust 24, 2016
I enjoyed working at vital smiles in Albany, GA as an office Manager! I have been with this company since 2012 and have learned many different aspect of management. I also enjoy my co workers!

Want to know more about Vital Smiles?

Ask a question
Terrific
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Center Point, ALJune 16, 2016
We had fun and worked hard. We trained employees. The kids were great. My bosses were nice. Cleaned and set up for patients. learned something new everyday.
Pros
free lunches and holidays off
Productive work place
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 25, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my job was definitely the children that i work with from day to day. They brought some much joy to the work environment.
Pros
Friendly Staff
Cons
Extra long lunches
Nobody stays
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Midfield, ALMay 3, 2015
Very high turn over of employees! New people come and go EVERY month. Its a very busy office, so you have to be able to multi-task and move fast.
Producetive and very fast pace and exciting
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Albany GAOctober 28, 2014
My typical day is talking and learning from staff and doctors .
What I learned at Vital Smiles is my very smart and inquesitve.
The Management is great.
my co-workers are very helpful.
Maintain that fast pace
Pros
Fast paced a very helpful staff
Fun and motivational place to work.
Secretary/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GASeptember 30, 2014
Love the short time spend there. Learned so much from the Director, and staff. Would have love to be able to work for the department forever. Awesome management, and great co-workers.
The hardest part was to be able to measure-up sometimes when it comes to the dress code. As a student assistant was a bit hard to be able to afford the clothing, but it was amazing that the Director send the Administrator to the store and do some shopping with me and paid the bill!
It has been the most wonderful experience I have had in a job!
Pros
Was treated with respect as every one else.
Cons
Sadly it was just a temporary position.
A very productive and extremely high paced atmosphere.
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Midfield, ALNovember 13, 2013
A typical day would include; taking a processing radio-graphs, setting up treatment rooms as well as setting up dental hygienists work areas, working chair-side with up to five Dentists, bagging/sterilizing equipment, restraining children for their safety as needed, and filing charts.

I learned how to efficiently take and process radio-graphs, how to assist chair-side with each Dentist, how to determine if a patient needed radio-graphs or whether they had allergies by reading their charts, and how to properly transfer instruments over to the Dentist.

Management was very helpful at this office and often used constructive criticism.

My co-workers worked together as a team to keep the office flowing efficiently.

The hardest part about this job was learning each Dentists method of assisting chair-side. One Dentist would be the exact opposite of another and there were five total Dentists working at this office. Learning all of their methods was a bit stressful, but I did accomplish in doing so.

The most enjoyable part about this job was that it was so fast paced, the day was practically over when I got there. I do enjoy fast-paced work environments.
Pros
Fast paced, worked half a day on Fridays, team oriented office.
Cons
hourly rate too low
Great place to work, excellent staff and front office
Dental Hygienist (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALOctober 1, 2013
Work day there starts at 8am, lunch at 12. This is a high paced office. The facility sees about 75-80 patients a day. All ages. My co-workers were awesome and so are the doctors!! Hardest part of the job was seeing the little kids cry. I think I enjoyed winning the trust of nervous kids.
Is a very fun place to work at
Front Desk Manager (Former Employee) –  Center Point AlAugust 23, 2013
Management wasn't so good in this place, the doctors were rude at time, but is understandable do to the amount of pressure they are under. Our lunch breaks were good 1 hour long, and other than that its a very good place to begin your career
very fun to work with kids
Dental assistant (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAJanuary 16, 2013
i had a great time working in this place because I learn a lot of technique with doctors and co-worker i really enjoy working with kids and translating to parents all information about their child treatments. I did'n have any hard part at this job.
Very productive work place - General dentistry for children
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 19, 2012
A typical day would consist of checking in and checking out patients. I also answer phones. I am responsible for follow up appointments and confirming up coming appointments. I also Pull and file charts. Check insurance information and calculate quotes. I also make weekly deposits to the bank and responsible for the company mail. The hardest part of the job is making sure you get everything done in a 8 hr period. Multi-tasking is the key to success!! The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting the children and the parents. Creating a place were they feel comfortable and safe.
Pros
55 minute lunches
Cons
healthcare benefits and bad communication between emplyees and management