Vitality Bowls Employee Reviews

Fun workplace with healthy food
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Colinas, TXMay 20, 2018
I loved working at vitality bowls. I learned a lot about the food and health industry. I met some amazing people. I learned how to better serve clients/consumers who have very specific needs. I only left the company because I moved out of state.
Ok
Cashier/Cook (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 17, 2018
People who worked there were super nice but there was poor management. No one ever gets raises and the management isn't the greatest. I wish there were more benefits too.
Productive and fast paced
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 17, 2018
The environment was fun but fast paced and there was always something to do and kept you busy. However, scheduling was unprofessional and you would be called in within a hour or less notice. When requesting days off you would get approved and still be schedule. Also we were either over staffed or under staffed leaving you stressing and rushing to do work or bored not having much to do.
Pros
50% off food
Cons
Short breaks
Good job for students
Cashier, Food Preparation, and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAApril 5, 2018
The location that I worked at went through 3 managers in 2 years, but they were all great people. They worked to create a stress-free environment in a very busy store with some intense lunch rushes. The pay was just above minimum wage, but it was good for a student. If you like smoothies, paninis, and acai bowls, then it's a great place to work because you get them for half off! Expect most of your coworkers to be high school and community college students.
Pros
Cheaper expensive food, fun and friendly coworkers, great management
Cons
Lunch rushes can be stressful, closing shifts can have you ending late.
Stressful
Employee (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAFebruary 12, 2018
Exactly what you would expect from a growing smoothie buisness. Fast paced environment. High pressure to perform flawlessly. Compensation doesnt refect the amount of work you have to do.
Fun, low stress place to work.
Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV 89149January 4, 2018
Working for this company is low stress but also a quick paced environment. A typical day includes a lot of prepping fruits and vegetables, dishes and of course preparing food for customers.
Pros
50% employee discount
Cons
Low wage
Fun and friendly
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CASeptember 13, 2017
I met great people, including management. The food was great and although it could get a little stressful when busy, everyone learned how to remain calm under stress. They cared about the customers so much. It was such a fun and friendly environment to be in.
High energy environment with solid staff
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Dublin, CAAugust 24, 2017
The day starts the moment you walk through the door. Lobby has to be checked to make sure it meets all standards. Prep list has to be checked and completed to prepare for the next rush. Labor percentage needs to be checked and kept below a set percentage. This is naming only the first few things that are done when you come in.
While here, I believe the most important thing I learned was how to manage people from all different backgrounds. I figured out the best ways to talk to everyone to get what I needed from each individual.

The only person above me here was the store owner. Passionate about the business and the product, to a fault. They would often undermine my authority in front of the employees and when making decisions on inventory and scheduling, which would at times make it difficult to manage labor, employee availability, and food costs.

The hardest part of the job was having to work with the owner, who would often undermine my authority in store.

The most enjoyable part of the job, was seeing our guests take a genuine interest in our product. It was extremely satisfying to see newcomers become regulars and truly enjoy the food we serve them.
Pros
Great environment, high energy, great staff
Cons
Working with owner, summer hours
Laid Back Work Place
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, CAAugust 6, 2017
Worked there when they first opened, it was a cool place to work while I went to school. Tee employees were nice and we were busy a good amount of the day.
fun job
General Manager (Former Employee) –  IndianaJune 19, 2017
The experience you will have working at VB truly depends on what location you are working at. They are usually franchised put so who the owner is can make or break a positive experience with the company .
Pros
fun environment
Cons
no benefits

Want to know more about Vitality Bowls?

Ask a question
cool
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Traders Point, INJanuary 30, 2017
working here was a pretty cool experience. The coworkers got along great, and it was a laid back working environment. It got pretty hectic around weekends and sometimes communication did not follow through like it should have, but other than that, it was pretty great!
fun when not alone
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJanuary 20, 2017
while this job did promote me they took a very long time doing so. my typical workday included taking orders, making orders, prepping, lots of cleaning and closing the store at the end of the day. what i didn't like about this job is they were very low staffed which meant sometimes I had to close by myself or I had to take care of rushes all on my own. It was very frustrating having the customers get so angry because I;m the only one to take orders, but I did get it done.
Fun work place
Waitress, prepare food, work register (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INJune 5, 2016
Fun summer job, they were a little unorganized, but it was a relatively new store. I learned how to work a register and prepare food.
Productive and Busy Workplace
Food Server (Current Employee) –  Castro Valley, CAApril 5, 2016
Overall. The experience to work with Vitality Bowls was good. Shifts are decided by the manager and sometimes, it depends on who is working that day and if the place is overstaffed for a day, they send someone home. Management was nice and coworkers were really helpful. The hardest part of the job will be the juicing because sometimes the measurements are not accurate. I've learned what food service is like as opposed to retail work. What was enjoyable was greeting the customers and seeing the smiles on their faces when you hand them their order.
Pros
Employee discount, friendly coworkers, productive workplace
casual and very easy going
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Redwood City, CANovember 28, 2015
vitality bowls is a great place that had a lot of regular customers. part of why i enjoyed working there. along with an extremely easy work load and generally, good coworkers, the atmosphere at vitality was pretty chill. management could have improved on a lot of things but everything was pretty tolerable.
Pros
50% on food items
Cons
poor management decisions on new hires and scheduling