Vitality Bowls

Vitality Bowls Employee Reviews

United States73 reviews
It was mostly easy work (making bowls and doing dishes) and the people are nice but I sometimes was scheduled for when I was unavailable and no one would pick up my shift.
Management will take advantage of you if you are just starting out in the workforce. Work environment is very high school like. Employees will talk bad about other employees. Managers/store owners will talk bad about employees when they are not around.
Pros
50 percent off discount
Cons
Barely any tips
It is rewarding to know that each customer will receive a healthy amount of nutrition and that you personally created their meal. Much better to work with fruits and vegetables rather than grease.
The owner of the of Vitality bowls I work at doesn't know how to run a business properly, and has had other several failed businesses in past.
And the way she treats her employees is ridiculous! It doesn't matter how hard you try to follow every procedure and make sure everything is followed down to the letter, she will nitpick & try to find something so little to scold us over!

S
Upper management places unreasonable goals and then holds you accountable no matter what. The owner doesn’t back up employees when needed and the benefits and pay is terrible.
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
Horrible business owner, no support, always short staffed and over worked. Business owner continuously only focuses on the parts we failed in and yelled instead of helping find a solution. When we did well, it was never enough.
The work atmosphere is nice and friendly. Management creates a family like atmosphere. Learned how to deal with customers at the register as well as different healthy foods. Helped to promote a healthier lifestyle
The only issue I have is that we use Group Me to communicate but when our location got robbed, broadcasting that information was not known to everyone.
Pros
Hours
Cons
you have to pay for the food we eat :(
Vitality Bowls is not an extremely demanding job. As long as you come in ready to face customers with a smile and make food, you will enjoy your time.
Lack of communication within team members or lack of team members following orders often deterred production.
Micromanagement from store owner also interrupted work flow
you blend fruit in a bowl and add granola its a job for a 16 - 17 year old if you want a easy first job this is it. the hours are easy and it beats working for taco bell
a lot of work is giveen for only 10.50 an hour, and they try to keep the place as clean as possible. everyone is friendly, always busy, a bit of a tight space
The work spaced changed alot when the owner hired a new general manager and stopped running the business. I went from a stress free workplace to a micro managed place where things began changing on the daily, without prior notification leaving everyone confused and a little agitated.
Good place to work as a first job or part-time job, positive employees and good management that makes effort to reach out to employees at a personal level.
It was a pleasure to work at Vitality Bowls in my home town. It was the first Acai bowl restaurant in our city so not many people knew what it was. My job there was to happily and concisely educate customers and answer any questions they had when I worked the register. When I wasn't working FOH I was prepping and making healthy and made-to-order food at fast pace while maintaining composure and cleanliness. Overall, my experience with my employers went well the environment was upbeat and teamwork and communication was prioritized.
Super cool restaurant. However when I started working here it was really chaotic anf I felt like my shift leader and manager didn't communicate. Could also have to do with how they dah just opened in a new location but still.
I would help make food and help in the cashier. Daily I would have to deal with a lot of different customers, and I had to be able to adapt to my environment quickly and effectively to get the job done. I had to work well with my other coworkers.
They barely train you. You have to read everything about the company at home, to busy to really train you on anything then you get yelled at when you make minor mistakes. You constantly have to be moving around even during down time and if you aren’t, you get sent home. You could have an 8 hour shift and if it’s slow you get cut to maybe 4 hours. And management lack comprehension and empathy for their employees.
This is a quite recent cafe to open up in the area and it has shown quite a following in the months it's been open. I was one of the first crew members on the team and was properly trained. The working environment was strict when there were customers and more relaxed when there weren't. This job taught me communication skills with customers and overall was a great place to work.
My favorite shifts were daytime shifts because that’s when you interact with customers and prep food, which are the most interesting things to do. But for evening shifts there’s not as many customers (especially in winter) and you’ll just be cleaning “pre-closing” the place for several hours. Last winter they always overstaffed for these vacant winter evenings and I was always the one sent home early not getting my assigned hours.
Pros
very kind owners at my store, great relationships with co workers, discounted food, tips from tip jar are divided monthly
Cons
Sent home before my shift was over, asked for more hours but didn’t get them, “pre-closing”
The store hired a new manager who made everyone uncomfortable. He was a terrible team member and ask a young girl inappropriate questions . I loved the job itself but the manager was the worst
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vitality Bowls. Our community is ready to answer.
2.3