Vitality Bowls Employee Reviews

Healthy and fun environment
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  FloridaDecember 14, 2018
At my location, we luckily had great managers and a friendly staff for the most part. I think in general your experience depends on the work environment created by the manager/owners, but this is a fun place to work for fast service food and the focus on nutrition and health is a plus.
Management sucks
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Castro Valley, CADecember 12, 2018
The owner has an obvious lack of communication skills. She is not ashamed to make you feel less than / belittle you. Her employees feel under-appreciated (under-paid). Shift Managers only get a 50 cent raise. There is a high turn over rate. The assistant manager talks a lot of trash about other employees. Not a good environment.
Pros
Learning about the nutrition
Cons
No benefits, staffing, management
Learn a lot of knowledge
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 30, 2018
Love learning about health, living a healthy diet. Fun opportunity easy advancement for you. Definitely, learn a lot of management techniques. Memorable and unforgettable experience.
Fun environment but plenty of stressful lunch rushes
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLNovember 27, 2018
I love this place and would highly reccomend it to someone who wants to work in food service, though be ready to actually work. The employees are all great though the customers can be stuck up and believe they are above or beyond our policies.
eh
Shift Lead/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Danville, CANovember 27, 2018
Management higher up could use a lot of work. kept on flip-flopping on what procedures on what they wanted employees to follow. when tried to improve our store, higher up management was constantly on their phones.
Productive and fun loving work enviornment
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Granite Bay, CANovember 17, 2018
Every employee you meet there is so welcoming and kind. No day is the same: Some days are slow and some are quick paced. There will be times of stress when a big order comes in . At the end of the day everyone is friends with each other. I've learned to make the best out of everything and to always stay humble and kind. The management is wonderful, just so caring and they really listen to what you need out of the environment and scheduling. All around very respectful. The workplace is simply friendly.
Pros
50% off for employees
Childish, inexperienced, and unprofessional management/owner.
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Peachtree City, GAOctober 26, 2018
Manager was extremely Racist. Many employees told me that the manager likes to fire people for absolutely no reason at all. If they have a problem with how you work, they fire you with no questions asked. Instead of talking to you one on one and explaining what you did wrong so you won’t make the same mistakes!
Management will make sexual remarks jokingly in front of employees and use profanity.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Management is horrible
work summary
Shift/Key Holder Leader (Former Employee) –  South Beach, FLOctober 16, 2018
Being a shift leader was almost like being the manager down to closing the store and opening it up
I learned how to eat healthy i was dealing with fresh organic fruits
The most hardest part of the job for me was the coffee station
Decent workplace environment
SHIFT LEAD (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, CAOctober 14, 2018
Vitality Bowls is a suitable job for a young person looking for a job in the area. It provides a decent amount of work hours a week and mainly employs high school and college students. The work pace varies by the season (it gets very busy in the summer) and there are many jobs around the store so even when it is slow, work does not get boring.
Pros
Occasional free food
Cons
Not always a healthy workplace environment
Fun people but everything else is awful
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INSeptember 19, 2018
Fun people but terrible management, pay, benefits, organization. Underpay their employeesand treat them poorly. 4 managers in a year lots of work with not enough pay.
Pros
Friends worked there too, free smoothies
Cons
No breaks, underpaying, no benefits, poor management, overpriced food, understaffed
Productive, upbeat environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Danville, CASeptember 9, 2018
Vitality Bowls have made my life fuller than ever thought possible. Vitality Bowls offered a great deal of mentorship that enhanced my skill set and confidence in leading teams efficiently that will benefit my future.
Pros
Understanding and practicing newly learned health benefits
Cons
Low pay, not enough staff to cover, higher management still figuring out correct policies
It was a great first job!
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CAJune 19, 2018
I enjoyed working here and it was a lot of hard work but it did teach me a lot and I dd get to grow in the company. It was my first job but it was a lot of hard work and with a lot of younger people.
Fun workplace with healthy food
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Colinas, TXMay 20, 2018
I loved working at vitality bowls. I learned a lot about the food and health industry. I met some amazing people. I learned how to better serve clients/consumers who have very specific needs. I only left the company because I moved out of state.
Ok
Cashier/Cook (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 17, 2018
People who worked there were super nice but there was poor management. No one ever gets raises and the management isn't the greatest. I wish there were more benefits too.
Productive and fast paced
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 17, 2018
The environment was fun but fast paced and there was always something to do and kept you busy. However, scheduling was unprofessional and you would be called in within a hour or less notice. When requesting days off you would get approved and still be schedule. Also we were either over staffed or under staffed leaving you stressing and rushing to do work or bored not having much to do.
Pros
50% off food
Cons
Short breaks
Good job for students
Cashier, Food Preparation, and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAApril 5, 2018
The location that I worked at went through 3 managers in 2 years, but they were all great people. They worked to create a stress-free environment in a very busy store with some intense lunch rushes. The pay was just above minimum wage, but it was good for a student. If you like smoothies, paninis, and acai bowls, then it's a great place to work because you get them for half off! Expect most of your coworkers to be high school and community college students.
Pros
Cheaper expensive food, fun and friendly coworkers, great management
Cons
Lunch rushes can be stressful, closing shifts can have you ending late.
Stressful
Employee (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAFebruary 12, 2018
Exactly what you would expect from a growing smoothie buisness. Fast paced environment. High pressure to perform flawlessly. Compensation doesnt refect the amount of work you have to do.
Fun, low stress place to work.
Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV 89149January 4, 2018
Working for this company is low stress but also a quick paced environment. A typical day includes a lot of prepping fruits and vegetables, dishes and of course preparing food for customers.
Pros
50% employee discount
Cons
Low wage
Fun and friendly
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CASeptember 13, 2017
I met great people, including management. The food was great and although it could get a little stressful when busy, everyone learned how to remain calm under stress. They cared about the customers so much. It was such a fun and friendly environment to be in.
High energy environment with solid staff
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Dublin, CAAugust 24, 2017
The day starts the moment you walk through the door. Lobby has to be checked to make sure it meets all standards. Prep list has to be checked and completed to prepare for the next rush. Labor percentage needs to be checked and kept below a set percentage. This is naming only the first few things that are done when you come in.
While here, I believe the most important thing I learned was how to manage people from all different backgrounds. I figured out the best ways to talk to everyone to get what I needed from each individual.

The only person above me here was the store owner. Passionate about the business and the product, to a fault. They would often undermine my authority in front of the employees and when making decisions on inventory and scheduling, which would at times make it difficult to manage labor, employee availability, and food costs.

The hardest part of the job was having to work with the owner, who would often undermine my authority in store.

The most enjoyable part of the job, was seeing our guests take a genuine interest in our product. It was extremely satisfying to see newcomers become regulars and truly enjoy the food we serve them.
Pros
Great environment, high energy, great staff
Cons
Working with owner, summer hours