VitalPet Employee Reviews

Great team not great manager
Kennel Attendant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 28, 2018
The hospital was great to work at, I enjoyed the team I worked with also. The doctor was wonderful too. The manager however was loud, disrespectful, and had a huge ego.They fire people over text messages instead of face to face.
Pros
Animals
Cons
Manager
Loving and Caring Team
Manager (Current Employee) –  ColoradoAugust 10, 2018
As an employee and a client, I could not ask for better services from caring and compassionate staff. The doctors treat exotics, birds and all other small animals. The groomer has been here for 20 years and cuts and styles her pets on each individuals wants and needs. The boarding and daycare staff are attentive and flexible with clients needs and requests.
Pros
Employee discounts and working environment
Very high volume clinic with staff that cares deeply for their patients
Kennel/Boarding Manager (Current Employee) –  Bessemer, ALJune 18, 2018
Hope Animal Clinic is a great place to work, good people, caring staff, and amazing clients.Dr. Fuller is the best veterinarian i have ever seen and he loves to teach the staff all sorts of new things to help them grow in their respective fields. in short Hope Animal Clinic is top notch with top notch people.
Productive and fast paced work place
Kennel Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bessemer, AL 35022June 14, 2018
Hope is a great place to work but requires dedicated workers. Some days are more laid back than others, but it is not an easy job, although it is rewarding. You must be patient and good with animals.
Good and bad
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  901 N. Linden, Normal, ILApril 12, 2018
The doctors and techs are terrific to work with and I really enjoyed getting to know the clients and their pets.
The main issue was an office manager who played favorites and refused to find solutions to any issues that arose.
Pros
Great discounts, free consultations, being around animals all the time
Cons
Front office staff hard to work with.
productive with wonderful people
Kennel Assistant (Former Employee) –  Harbor, ORApril 5, 2018
Lovely people working there. My position was somewhat stressful and fast paced as a kennel assistant but I enjoyed it. I only left because my car broke down and I no longer had a way to commute
Overall love my job
Kennel Technician/Shift leader (Current Employee) –  Bessemer, ALMarch 30, 2018
Getting to work with animals everyday is an amazing experience. Fast pace place of work. Hope has tought me many things and I've meet some get people and do love the clinic.
Productive work environment
Kennel Technician (Current Employee) –  Warriors Mark, PAMarch 24, 2018
I learned a lot in my time at TCAH, I was taught how to give injections, how to care for odd animals I was not used to, and how to communicate with my coworkers better. The most enjoyable part of my job was getting to care for animals big and small, to make their lives better.
educational but no room for growth
Veterinary Assistant (Former Employee) –  Monroe, NCMarch 20, 2018
I loved my co-workers and the amount of information I learned at this establishment. However, because of the lack of staff there is a cap on how much you can learn and grow here.
Great
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Palatka, FLMarch 15, 2018
River City Veterinary Hospital could be a great place to work is corporate was less involved with the hospital. The work environment is great. The manager of the hospital is wonderful.
Nice place to work
Veterinary Technician/ Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Kingwood, TXMarch 2, 2018
This was a very good place to work. The owner was a very kind man and would do anything to help his employees. My fellow co-workers were also good people to work with...we had a few turnovers during my time, but mostly everyone stayed until the days the doors closed. Pay wasn't the best, but the friendly atmosphere, willingness to work around your schedule, and openness to teaching the staff new things were reasons to stay.
Pros
friendly co-workers, willing to work with schedule
Cons
lower pay
Positive work place
Housekeeping Aide (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 28, 2018
Enjoyed working for this compamy. Manager and staff were friendly and kind. I worked there for school intern than it be came more of a well paying job. Loved working with animals and people.
Fast-paced; good learning environment
KENNEL TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Bessemer, ALJanuary 21, 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed my time working here. Would work here again in a heartbeat if I didn't have to relocate to a different state. The work environment was fast-paced and I loved it.
Pros
good pay, good people
Cons
short breaks, long hours
went downhill after sold to corporation
Kennel Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 12, 2018
before the business was sold it was a great place to work The Doctor is excellent The corporation brought in practice mangers who were not very good I have heard that since then the company has addressed that issue
Pros
Great Doctor and you get to take care of cats and dogs
Cons
poor practice managers
Excellent opportunity
LVT/HEAD TECHNICIAN/INVENTORY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 27, 2017
Owner is a very kind, humane and talented internal medicine specialist. An absolute pleasure to work for and learn from. Staff is knowledgeable and friendly. Fast paced, great learning opportunity, staff is well compensated and treated fairly. I would recommend this hospital to pet owners and and others seeking employment. A+
receptionist
Receptionist/Assistant (Former Employee) –  Normal, ILDecember 23, 2017
Checked in and out clients, answered phones, filed, refilled prescriptions, assisted vets. Great company and management. I learned alot of the pet industry.
Pros
great management
Cons
pay
Quick paced and cut throat
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Bessemer, ALDecember 8, 2017
The management is horrible. Scheduling was ridiculous. You never knew what hours you would be working. The manger tried working from home and only showed her face once a week. She has no clue what was going on and it was terrible!!!
Very unorganized
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  TXNovember 30, 2017
A company that is not well suited for employee support and development.
There is too large a push for profits, not marketing. o
Benefits and salary do not match the market rates or standards.
Individual Practices are great but corporate management is dreadful
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  TexasNovember 24, 2017
Individual clinics really care about their practices and clients. Upper management is too volatile to enact effective leadership- the home office turn over rate is extremely high. Only 2-3 employees have been there more than a year. It seems by the time you learn peoples name and what they do- they are gone. On the benefits side- they offer what most organizations do but no 401k. The vacation time is also very slim- only a few days per year.
Pros
Individual practices really care about clients and do a great job with them.
Cons
Leadership is chaotic and unfocused, High turn at the management level makes company advancement and development non-existant.
Great place to work!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 22, 2017
RCVH is a positive work place. The staff is professional and nice and the Doctors are always there to help! If ever there is a problem, the manager is always there is listen and trouble shoot. I recommend applying for a job! There is also room to grow as a lead receptionists, vet assistant or LVT!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at VitalPet. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.0InHerSight Score

1.0Personal Development

1.0Career Opportunities

1.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight