Vitamin World Employee Reviews

Slow and easy
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJuly 12, 2018
Very laid back. Slow paced. Computers are the hardest part to learn. Manager and co workers are nice. Easy job for the pay. Learned a lot about herbs and vitamins
fun workplace and coworkers
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 20, 2018
A typical day for me was opening and or closing the store, displaying merchandise by stocking, priced merchandise, receiving merchandise, sale vitamins and provided information about the vitamin to customer, cashier, cleaning the store, answering phone calls, dropped money bag at the bank when closing the store, etc
A leader in its industry
Vitamin World USA-2nd Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Dawsonville, GAJune 19, 2018
I shopped at Vitamin World for many years leading up to my employment at the company. It fosters a culture of wellbeing and likeminded individuals who all share the same goal in mind. The level of each of the staff members professionalism is unparalelled and I would recommend this company as a place of work to anyone interested in the supplement industry.
Summary
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake Jackson, TXJune 18, 2018
I loved the job. Great management loved the hours. They really allow you to dig into the products to learn more knowledge. To be able to help the customers out.
Fun and productive
Key Holder/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Aventura, FLJune 13, 2018
NBTY was recently ordered by the court as a result of a whistleblower investigation to compensate its employees for meal/break violations; that is to say, district and regional management routinely forced staff to override time to eliminate overtime and did not allow timely breaks ( to appear more profitable.) No problem for NBTY, as they simply reduced commission a full 1% to pay for all those court-ordered checks NBTY forced to pay out for violations. (My check was over $1200 and I only worked there 2 years at time of payout...that's how gross court found violations to be.) Low wages-made about 35K/year as store manager; compare to Hollister at 70K/year. Great benefits. High pressure sales job for comparatively little pay.
Love what I do but do not get any incentive to stay. Have not gotten a raise in several years and I have been with the company 7 years.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington StateJune 2, 2018
Learning about vitamins and health is awesome. Helping customers feel better is why I have stayed to long at Vitamin World.
The company has gone down hill the last couple years. No raises and commission has been
Lowered.
High stress Low pay.
Pros
Rewarding when you help a customer and they come back and thank you.
Cons
No raises, no job security, pay has been lowered since I’ve been here
every location is different
Store Manager/ Nutritional Advisor (Former Employee) –  Burlington, WAJune 1, 2018
my time spent at vitamin world was very interesting. the location i worked in was always changing and very unreliable. as a 2nd assistant manger( keyholder), the manager who hired me was very unprofessional. soon after i was hired she was relocated and the 2nd manager who was in charge of the store was very experienced but the store was always under staffed. when i took over managing the store the store location was still very understaffed due to mainly location and reputation. while managing this location the corporate aspect of the business was very unreliable and did not treat the store staff as equal as the headquarters staff.
Pros
very easy place to work if you are a good study
Cons
corporate is not equal.
vw
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Boardman, OHMay 19, 2018
average in all areas, its ok to work at for awhile, pay isn't very good and they got rid of the good commission levels and a lot of the bonus incentives. Lots of stores closing.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Limerick, PAMay 13, 2018
The company did give me every opportunity to excel, but I did not pick up the information as quickly as desired. The company was working with me though.
Pros
Pay, independent
Cons
Too much responsibility
it's a nice place to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Johnstown, PAMay 12, 2018
if you love working and learning you should apply! not only that but the people you work with are willing to help you rather than break you down and you meet a lot of great people and get to help them.
Pros
learning
Cons
learning
Fun, fast-paced, very knowledgeable work place
STORE MANAGER/NUTRITIONAL ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, PAApril 24, 2018
This has always been a favorite job of mine in the past. I learned so much about nutrition, vitamins, and supplements while I worked here. Working with the public can be both easy and hard but in the end, I found it to be rewarding.
Poorly managed
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTApril 23, 2018
Too many sales coupons and price changes, managers were quitting right and left. Bad training for new managers.

Stores were outdated and had customers confused with member and regular pricing..

Upper management was not supportive and store were understaffed most of the time
Pros
discount on products
Cons
poor hiring process, low foot traffic
Fun job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYApril 18, 2018
Located in the mall it was a great place to be. The company itself sold a variety of health supplements at competitive prices. The customers were very loyal because the service and quality of the products itself was great as well.
Started great but overall the changes hurt.
STORE MANAGER & DISTRICT MANAGER IN TRAINING (Former Employee) –  Bradon, FloridaApril 16, 2018
When I started with the company it was fantastic. Career advancement was possible and goals were clear. Towards the end all of that changed with the company buy out.
Pros
Discounts and customers
Cons
Unclear goals
Vitamin World
Sales (Former Employee) –  Virgin IslandsApril 7, 2018
Working here was okay. Learned alot about many different vitamins and supplements. The days seemed to go by quicker when there was store buzz, usually on the weekends or when there were good sales happening or during lunch periods. The company is great, competitive with really good compensation. The only thing I did not like was there was no diversity in the employees.
Pros
Knowledge
Cons
Short lunch
A diverse work place in which product knowledge and customer service is highly valued
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Montclair, CAApril 2, 2018
Competitive, but supportive work environment. VW takes pride in providing world class customer service and provides training for employees. Compensation is fair and there are opportunities for company advancement.
mall operation
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMarch 22, 2018
had wonderfull management this was back in the day when first Mondays and Tuesdays had 30 % off, theyre platform has since changed. Yet we were producing lots of sales
Pros
nearby
Cons
not enough hours
FUN and Boring
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Michigan City, INMarch 1, 2018
When there was things to do it was great the time flew by, and I loved it but at times I could be kind of boring too. More times than not I stayed busy cleaning and straightening my store.
At first it was great then we got bought out.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, TNFebruary 23, 2018
It was a great place to work until we got bought out.
Corporate does not care about their employee's.
They lied to us on many occasions. They told me several times my store would not close then let me know we were to close in two months and ended up closing down in one month.
Very nice environment
GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 18, 2018
Treated with respect and professional environment.
Pleasant atmosphere and great family balance. Benefits were excellent. And also only was a 40 hour work week
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Company closing stores

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vitamin World. Our community is ready to answer.