Vitamin World Employee Reviews

Unprofessional, gross management. I was let go
2nd Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Pismo Beach, CAApril 29, 2019
I was retaliated against because I was a whistle blower. Let go w no notice, was lied to and I was ignored by coworkers for days when I just needed my schedule. Wasn’t paid full amount for days I was called in on my days off. Wasn’t given breaks on 8 hour shifts. My manager also drank my water that he clearly didn’t buy and threw away my very expensive deodorant. Their evil.
Pros
The learning & pay
Cons
Manager, 1st assistant manager, district management, no breaks.
Run
sales/ Key holder (Former Employee) –  Woodburn, ORApril 1, 2019
Bad management, management is not honest, not a place for any kind of job security.
They tell customer lies about the product, management not educated about products. They tell customer what they want to hear.
Relaxed work place with a lot of free time.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Pismo Beach, CAMarch 26, 2019
I enjoyed working there in the beginning because I liked my co-workers and boss. Then they changed people around and it became uncomfortable for me. Besides that I liked socializing with costumers and helping them find what they’re looking for.
Pros
Relaxing
Cons
People I had to work with
Wow
Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 25, 2019
I would love the management spot anywhere if I could just like vitamin world gave the opportunity to myself but I would love to expand into a different field
Relaxed
Nutritional Advisor (Former Employee) –  Commerce, CAMarch 25, 2019
Easy and great work environment. You get commission for sales you make with vitamins protein etc... always friendly people and management was great! Better hours would be better
closed shop
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Alton, IL 62002March 22, 2019
This business went out of business due to the community and society the business went down the drain in the alton area. overall it was okay to work here but way to much products to produce out to the community to buy especially expensive.
Cool products
Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 21, 2019
Good as an experience gaining job. Grateful for the opportunity and things I learned. I wouldn’t go back but I did love it at one point. A lot of people complain and there isn’t much work/home life balance if you’re a manger.
Best Job I ever had
Manager in training (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXFebruary 19, 2019
Every day was fun, I enjoyed the culture, the customers, the products, and the mission of the company. Unfortunately they decided to close down the branch in my city.
A great part time job
Cashier/Clerk (Former Employee) –  Rothschild, WIJanuary 24, 2019
Demonstrated superior product knowledge resulting in frequent up sells. Answered product - based questions using knowledge from training and merchandise brochures.
Nothing to offer except a paycheck
Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Holbrook, NYJanuary 24, 2019
Culture and co-workers were unpleasant. Management was ineffective and some were cruel/nasty. Strangest work atmosphere I have ever worked in. Harassment was mostly ignored and unchallenged
Pros
Discounts on Product
Cons
Treatment by Management
good place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Burton, MIJanuary 19, 2019
very good company to work for, its just unfortunate that they didnt anyone time to prepare to leave the stores that went bankrupt. i was a part of one of those stores and would have continued to work for them glady.
Productive and fun enviroment
BACKROOM ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYJanuary 11, 2019
Its a high volume work flow as well as very professional work environment. I learned a lot about different vitamins while stocking the merchandise on the sale floor. The hardest part of my job was when I first begin working for the company and I wasn't very knowledgeable about the merchandise but with asking questions and with my supervisor help I overcame this difficult time. The most enjoyable part of my job was when the workload was completed in a timely manner and done correctly it made me feel accomplished.
Pros
benefits, commute, and fun staff
Cons
short staffed, no breakroom
Okay job.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Montclair, CAJanuary 2, 2019
Very slow paced work field. 6-8 customers per hour, sometimes even less.
Management at times seemed more intrigued by employee gossip than by clientelle, but a nice play to work at if you are a health enthusiast.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Lots of Downtime.
poor management
2nd Asst. Manager (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WADecember 12, 2018
this place has gone downhill over the years the management does not know what they are doing says one thing and does another if you go to work there get every thing in writing
Pros
discounts
Cons
manager says one thing but does another
Fun place to get healthy and inspire others
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLDecember 4, 2018
was certified as a nutritional advisor, and learned a lot about the biology of vitamins received a decent salary plus commission. Decent time off and flexible work schedule.
Productive, educational
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLNovember 7, 2018
Great education on product, lack in DM management, business went under. Store Manager was great for the first one, then lack in ability to keep managers
Pros
Full 40 hours, discount on product
Cons
short to no breaks depending on staff
Decent work place
2nd Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Moorestown, NJOctober 8, 2018
Awesome place to work at if you want to help others. You learn so much from working here. but they expect you to do so much and learn so much for the pay isn't worth it. Unless you're willing to.
Pros
learning enviroment
Cons
pay
Vitamin World was great
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CAOctober 1, 2018
This job was good for when I was in college. I don't think it would be good enough to support my family now though. I enjoyed the people I worked for.
The environment was fun and engaging. It helped drive your hunger for product knowledge. But very competitive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 26, 2018
My coworkers were amazing as well as the upper management. When it came to the work having amazing people skills is essential and being able to address them correct and formally depending on their age was crucial. Since it is a Health and Wellness store you can receive people from varying ages. Knowledge of the products in your store and competitors store was crucial since sport nutrition is a very competitive area. Foremost the knowledge of your own products was key since you had to be able to tie multiple products together because we did not sell individual items we sold Life styles and Plans for ones well being. In general I Learned a lot and gained a lot of knowledge and experience working there.
Low pay for a lot of work
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Mebane, NCSeptember 24, 2018
Pay is no where near where it needs to be. The company is struggling financially but still pays for a district and regional manger that is no longer needed. They should get rid of the over abundance of corporate staff and invest in the talent in the few stores they have left. No focus on customers at all, constantly found myself and customers having the same complaints about the company. So if the customers aren't happy and the staff in the stores aren't happy your business will fail.
Pros
Product discounts
Cons
too many too list here

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vitamin World. Our community is ready to answer.