Vitamin World Employee Reviews

Great work life balance company
Senior Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Foley, ALMay 20, 2019
Completely enjoy this company. I love having the ability to support and assist clients become and be the healthiest they choose to be. Vitamin World is wonderfully supportive in both work and family life.
Pros
discounts, flexible hours
Very toxic management
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYMay 19, 2019
Current management is absolutely awful. Could run the store myself first day on the job than the lady always over your shoulder lurking. Great workers there but just poor management and poor boss.
Pros
Getting paid
Cons
Coming to work
Unprofessional, gross management. I was let go
2nd Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Pismo Beach, CAApril 29, 2019
I was retaliated against because I was a whistle blower. Let go w no notice, was lied to and I was ignored by coworkers for days when I just needed my schedule. Wasn’t paid full amount for days I was called in on my days off. Wasn’t given breaks on 8 hour shifts. My manager also drank my water that he clearly didn’t buy and threw away my very expensive deodorant. Their evil.
Pros
The learning & pay
Cons
Manager, 1st assistant manager, district management, no breaks.
Decent job for a temporary time
Inventory Restocking Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Central Valley, NYApril 9, 2019
The management was incredibly toxic. One of the managers would flick paper clips at the people walking outside. I would not recommend working here if they have the same management as before.
Run
sales/ Key holder (Former Employee) –  Woodburn, ORApril 1, 2019
Bad management, management is not honest, not a place for any kind of job security.
They tell customer lies about the product, management not educated about products. They tell customer what they want to hear.
Relaxed work place with a lot of free time.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Pismo Beach, CAMarch 26, 2019
I enjoyed working there in the beginning because I liked my co-workers and boss. Then they changed people around and it became uncomfortable for me. Besides that I liked socializing with costumers and helping them find what they’re looking for.
Pros
Relaxing
Cons
People I had to work with
Great Employer
Store Manager, Distribution Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 25, 2019
Vitamin World is a great place to work. They care about an associate and have a healthy work/life balance. The benefits packages are great. They have a great discount program for their employees.
Pros
Great in everyway
Cons
shrinking industry
Wow
Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 25, 2019
I would love the management spot anywhere if I could just like vitamin world gave the opportunity to myself but I would love to expand into a different field
Relaxed
Nutritional Advisor (Former Employee) –  Commerce, CAMarch 25, 2019
Easy and great work environment. You get commission for sales you make with vitamins protein etc... always friendly people and management was great! Better hours would be better
closed shop
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Alton, IL 62002March 22, 2019
This business went out of business due to the community and society the business went down the drain in the alton area. overall it was okay to work here but way to much products to produce out to the community to buy especially expensive.
Cool products
Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 21, 2019
Good as an experience gaining job. Grateful for the opportunity and things I learned. I wouldn’t go back but I did love it at one point. A lot of people complain and there isn’t much work/home life balance if you’re a manger.
Great co-workers, bad leadership
Associate (Former Employee) –  Great River, NYMarch 7, 2019
Great co-workers. Management not forth coming, Lots of uncertainty with the stability and direction of the company. Seems like there is no direction. High cost for benefits. Lay offs and store closings common.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Upper management, benefits
Best Job I ever had
Manager in training (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXFebruary 19, 2019
Every day was fun, I enjoyed the culture, the customers, the products, and the mission of the company. Unfortunately they decided to close down the branch in my city.
A great part time job
Cashier/Clerk (Former Employee) –  Rothschild, WIJanuary 24, 2019
Demonstrated superior product knowledge resulting in frequent up sells. Answered product - based questions using knowledge from training and merchandise brochures.
Nothing to offer except a paycheck
Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Holbrook, NYJanuary 24, 2019
Culture and co-workers were unpleasant. Management was ineffective and some were cruel/nasty. Strangest work atmosphere I have ever worked in. Harassment was mostly ignored and unchallenged
Pros
Discounts on Product
Cons
Treatment by Management
good place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Burton, MIJanuary 19, 2019
very good company to work for, its just unfortunate that they didnt anyone time to prepare to leave the stores that went bankrupt. i was a part of one of those stores and would have continued to work for them glady.
Productive and fun enviroment
BACKROOM ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYJanuary 11, 2019
Its a high volume work flow as well as very professional work environment. I learned a lot about different vitamins while stocking the merchandise on the sale floor. The hardest part of my job was when I first begin working for the company and I wasn't very knowledgeable about the merchandise but with asking questions and with my supervisor help I overcame this difficult time. The most enjoyable part of my job was when the workload was completed in a timely manner and done correctly it made me feel accomplished.
Pros
benefits, commute, and fun staff
Cons
short staffed, no breakroom
Okay job.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Montclair, CAJanuary 2, 2019
Very slow paced work field. 6-8 customers per hour, sometimes even less.
Management at times seemed more intrigued by employee gossip than by clientelle, but a nice play to work at if you are a health enthusiast.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Lots of Downtime.
poor management
2nd Asst. Manager (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WADecember 12, 2018
this place has gone downhill over the years the management does not know what they are doing says one thing and does another if you go to work there get every thing in writing
Pros
discounts
Cons
manager says one thing but does another
Fun place to get healthy and inspire others
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLDecember 4, 2018
was certified as a nutritional advisor, and learned a lot about the biology of vitamins received a decent salary plus commission. Decent time off and flexible work schedule.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vitamin World. Our community is ready to answer.