Vitamin World Employee Reviews in Bohemia, NY

Employment
Employee (Former Employee) –  Bohemia, NYNovember 13, 2017
When Vitamin World was owned by NBTY it was a great family! Unfortunately when they were acquired by a equity firm and the Vitamin World division was sold it became an unbearable place to work.
Pros
people
Cons
management
Overall Business
Employee (Current Employee) –  Bohemia, NYNovember 13, 2017
It use to be a great place to work and since it was acquired by an equity firm and new management came in it has been nothing but a disappointment. Sorry!
Pros
People
Vitamin world
Warehouse team member (Former Employee) –  Bohemia, NYDecember 23, 2016
A typical day at work involved bubble wrapping glass products, creating and maintaining orders to be shipped out to customers and putting together cardboard boxes for orders. The management team was great, very understanding people and very willing to express appreciation towards employees which i like most about the job. Colleagues were extremely hard workers willing to help. The repetitiveness of the tasks was probably most difficult. Doing these things for an 8 hour shift caused numerous body aches and pains. I learned to pace myself here which was very positive since I tend to be a fast paced worker.
Good work environment with plenty of encouragement
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bohemia, NYMarch 15, 2014
I would rate this company a good starter job for an introduction into the work place. I was provided training and offered plenty of opportunity to learn other aspect of the job. When I broke my hands the staff was supportive and encouraging.
Pros
Supportive co-workers and management
Cons
Pay rate.