We currently don't have any reviews for Vitamin World.
Be the first to review this employer.

Add a Review

Poorly managed
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTApril 23, 2018
Too many sales coupons and price changes, managers were quitting right and left. Bad training for new managers.

Stores were outdated and had customers confused with member and regular pricing..

Upper management was not supportive and store were understaffed most of the time
Pros
discount on products
Cons
poor hiring process, low foot traffic
bad management, too many sales
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTFebruary 4, 2018
Vitamin world was poorly managed, went thru 3 district managers when I was there for about a year,

Did not keep up with current trends, too many sales and constant price changes outdated computer systems and no upper management support! products did not move had to compete with
more updated stores like GNC

Stores are all closed now went out of business about a month ago
had liquidation sales
Pros
good benefits
Cons
poor management outdated machines and merchandise
Probably the worst place to ever work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CT 06810December 31, 2017
I worked here for one year and I had no chance to advance to full-time, being told by my manager I couldn't but following managers and higher ups saying I can but that never came to light. No sitting, no lunch break and no other employees working at the same time as you. Constant lying when it was around time to close and even before it closed and before they announced it, they hired people and said they wouldn't be closing yet a month later, announced we were closing.
Laid Back
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTOctober 20, 2017
Very easy and laid back job. At many time the store was very slow and there is a lot of down time. So keeping yourself busy cleaning or stocking shelves was a must. The supplement business is very competitive and the company is willing to do a lot for their customers in order to make them happy. My manager was great and had a family of her own and understood if I needed time off for an event. The hardest part of the jobs is keeping your sales numbers up. It was a great experience and my manager was very good at training.
Pros
Great Discount
Cons
Dealing with customers
Good work environment and experience.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTMarch 1, 2017
A typical day would consist of organizing the products on our shelves, assisting customers with a variety of health concerns or issues they brought to our attention.

I learned a lot about the human body, medicines, herbs and supplements that the vitamin industry offers.

The management at the time was very helpful and flexible with my schedule. There was never any issues with them.

The hardest part of that job was learning about everything we had to offer our customers. There was a tremendous amount of products and learning what each one did, took some time to memorize.

The most enjoyable part of working this job, was learning about the human body and treatments that are available. I have a huge interest in the anatomy field, while working here expanded my knowledge and proficiency at learning how to treat an ailment.
Pros
Learning Potential
Cons
Customer Base
learned so much about vtamins and supplements
Asst. Manager (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTMarch 20, 2012
Every week I was learning something new about vitamins/supplements. Customers were so very open and also helpful to my training
Pros
great management
Cons
not enough money

The search in Danbury, CT at Vitamin World did not match any reviews

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vitamin World. Our community is ready to answer.