Vitamin World Employee Reviews for Assistant Manager

Very toxic management
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYMay 19, 2019
Current management is absolutely awful. Could run the store myself first day on the job than the lady always over your shoulder lurking. Great workers there but just poor management and poor boss.
Pros
Getting paid
Cons
Coming to work
Relaxed work place with a lot of free time.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Pismo Beach, CAMarch 26, 2019
I enjoyed working there in the beginning because I liked my co-workers and boss. Then they changed people around and it became uncomfortable for me. Besides that I liked socializing with costumers and helping them find what they’re looking for.
Pros
Relaxing
Cons
People I had to work with
good place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Burton, MIJanuary 19, 2019
very good company to work for, its just unfortunate that they didnt anyone time to prepare to leave the stores that went bankrupt. i was a part of one of those stores and would have continued to work for them glady.
poor management
2nd Asst. Manager (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WADecember 12, 2018
this place has gone downhill over the years the management does not know what they are doing says one thing and does another if you go to work there get every thing in writing
Pros
discounts
Cons
manager says one thing but does another
Productive, educational
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLNovember 7, 2018
Great education on product, lack in DM management, business went under. Store Manager was great for the first one, then lack in ability to keep managers
Pros
Full 40 hours, discount on product
Cons
short to no breaks depending on staff
Vitamin World was great
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CAOctober 1, 2018
This job was good for when I was in college. I don't think it would be good enough to support my family now though. I enjoyed the people I worked for.
Fun
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Primm, NVSeptember 3, 2018
Daily Management Operations of cash and deposit, product ordering. Adhere to company policies and have all associates knowledge of all products. Stocking and cleaning.

At that time of employment we had a lot of commissions for what we sold. Now it has been taken away
Pros
Not as many as it was before
Cons
Commissions taken away
Overall average but could be better
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXJuly 29, 2018
Vitamin World filed bankruptcy last year so they are going through a restructure and it funnels down to management at retail stores. We are out of product a significant amount of time and that can be frustrating as you build customers based on their profile and products they purchase and then don't carry their products for months. You lose customers.
Very nice experience
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDJune 27, 2018
Working for Vitamin World was a lot of fun and the benefits were very nice to have. The support system and communication was very well done considering most retail stores. I was proud to work for them and what the company had to offer their customers. Great products and deals. However, at the location I worked in (Annapolis, MD) staffing issues occurred often and working over time became a must. Once a better opportunity for me (current job) I took it.
Pros
Multiple Promotions available and good benefits
Cons
My location had staffing issues and is now closed for good
Summary
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake Jackson, TXJune 18, 2018
I loved the job. Great management loved the hours. They really allow you to dig into the products to learn more knowledge. To be able to help the customers out.
Love what I do but do not get any incentive to stay. Have not gotten a raise in several years and I have been with the company 7 years.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington StateJune 2, 2018
Learning about vitamins and health is awesome. Helping customers feel better is why I have stayed to long at Vitamin World.
The company has gone down hill the last couple years. No raises and commission has been
Lowered.
High stress Low pay.
Pros
Rewarding when you help a customer and they come back and thank you.
Cons
No raises, no job security, pay has been lowered since I’ve been here
it's a nice place to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Johnstown, PAMay 12, 2018
if you love working and learning you should apply! not only that but the people you work with are willing to help you rather than break you down and you meet a lot of great people and get to help them.
Pros
learning
Cons
learning
Not a bad job.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Rapid City, SDFebruary 17, 2018
It's retail.
I love helping people. Making a difference-because of the knowledge that I can share with people, and the possibility of positively affecting their lives is not something I take lightly. It has kept me there as long as I have been there. Commission can be very tough to work with, especially on slow days, or weeks but honestly I love my boss and what I do. I am ready to find something a little more financially secure however as there is zero room for advancement or raises and corporate are very negative and demanding.
Pros
Love helping people and making a difference
Cons
No advancement/raises
Very relaxed work environment where teamwork was crucial
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 23, 2018
A typical day at Vitamin World consisted of organizing product, as well as making sales goals and having exceptional customer service. I learned how to sale product as well as cash handle. The management while I was there was greatly organized. The hardest part of the job was being informed on all of the supplements. Most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers better their health.
Probably the worst place to ever work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CT 06810December 31, 2017
I worked here for one year and I had no chance to advance to full-time, being told by my manager I couldn't but following managers and higher ups saying I can but that never came to light. No sitting, no lunch break and no other employees working at the same time as you. Constant lying when it was around time to close and even before it closed and before they announced it, they hired people and said they wouldn't be closing yet a month later, announced we were closing.
It’s was hard working and competitive and heads on job it’s was perfect
2nd Asst. Manager (Former Employee) –  St Thomas, VINovember 25, 2017
For this position as 2nd asst . Manager you got to have a strong mind and be able to handle what comes to you it’s very competitive. There was day I would come in and it would be at its busiest but that’s when the challenge comes in and you got to make sure your giving the customers great service and also managing the employees .
Pros
Free samples
Cons
Breaks
Laid Back
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTOctober 20, 2017
Very easy and laid back job. At many time the store was very slow and there is a lot of down time. So keeping yourself busy cleaning or stocking shelves was a must. The supplement business is very competitive and the company is willing to do a lot for their customers in order to make them happy. My manager was great and had a family of her own and understood if I needed time off for an event. The hardest part of the jobs is keeping your sales numbers up. It was a great experience and my manager was very good at training.
Pros
Great Discount
Cons
Dealing with customers
It's an alright place with the right people
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington StateOctober 13, 2017
I used this job as a means to an end. In the Tulalip store it was a constant fight for sales, and no one got along with each other. In other stores where sales weren't so high, it was more enjoyable to work because there wasn't stress between associates and there was no money involved.
Pros
dicounts
Cons
co workers, management, and placment
Great starter job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Monaca, PAAugust 7, 2017
Great starter job for a young graduate or current student. Provides strong understanding of business ethics and good balance of profit and corporate values.
meh
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  WAJuly 27, 2017
Work there if you have no problem lying to people to make a sale. Drama amongst co-workers almost non-stop. Low pay and idiotic scripted customer service template.
Pros
Cons
meh

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vitamin World. Our community is ready to answer.