Vitamin World Employee Reviews for Assistant Store Manager

Fun place to get healthy and inspire others
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLDecember 4, 2018
was certified as a nutritional advisor, and learned a lot about the biology of vitamins received a decent salary plus commission. Decent time off and flexible work schedule.
Decent work place
2nd Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Moorestown, NJOctober 8, 2018
Awesome place to work at if you want to help others. You learn so much from working here. but they expect you to do so much and learn so much for the pay isn't worth it. Unless you're willing to.
Pros
learning enviroment
Cons
pay
Slow and easy
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJuly 12, 2018
Very laid back. Slow paced. Computers are the hardest part to learn. Manager and co workers are nice. Easy job for the pay. Learned a lot about herbs and vitamins
Fun
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYDecember 19, 2017
This was a very competitive job. Mgt was organized. I learned alot about natural and perscribed supplements I am also certified in natural medicinals and scored very high on test. I wish I could go back in the field.
Pros
Raises often
Cons
Mgt changes often
corporate maager
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Taunton, MAOctober 26, 2017
Was a liar. he no longer works for the company
it was a very educational job
me and mt store manager were very close and we got along well and learned a lot from each other.
productive and fun place
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIAugust 24, 2017
A typical day at work is usual fun and productive. I have learned how to open and close a shift all in one shift while managing and servicing customers. The most enjoyable part of the job is the sales oppurtunities with customers selling them natural supplementation in order to better their lives.
Pros
vitamin world floor is the sales canvas
Cons
need full time
Great place for promoting health
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Mankato, MNJuly 29, 2017
This job provides the opportunity to learn about supplements and how they can serve a purpose in the health. People will come to you with many different questions and ailments, some looking for education on supplements and others hoping that you can provide them with something that will actually work. This job can be very rewarding if you like to help people and are willing to research and learn about the products.
easy work
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZApril 5, 2017
It was a cool place to manage and there were a lot to learn about supplements. I was able to pick up the knowledge quick to maximize my sales. All in all great place to work.
Quality Supplements don't need to be flashy
Assistant Store manager (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIDecember 4, 2016
Was a great experience and enjoyed helping customers from all walks of life. Knowledgeable customers. I was able to promote healthy living and some good products too
Pros
great discounts
Cons
working holidays
Fast paced work place, always something new to learn.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Glendale, WIApril 7, 2016
When I started there I thought it was a pretty nice job, after some time there I learned other wise. The hours weren't consistent, we didn't get lunch breaks so had to try to eat when it was kind of slow and hoped nobody came in. One day a regional manage came in letting us know how well we were doing, telling us all our numbers were moving up from the disaster previous management left behind. 3 weeks later they come back to let us know that our location was being closed down and the big closing sale started the day after Christmas.
Pros
Base pay + commission.
Cons
No breaks, small work group
na
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 8, 2016
The company is ok. It could have more up to date technology. Im on the management staf, but some people should not be in the position they are in.
Fun and informative environment
First Assistant (Store Manager In Training) (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 27, 2015
Great company to work for. Provides all the necessary tools and resources necessary for employees to be successful in their positions.
Pros
great trainig program
Cons
short lunches
great part time job
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  memphisJuly 21, 2015
Over seven years there were constant decline in compensation. They depended way too much on reviews of mystery shoppers and had more faith in their reviews than their own employees. Decent part time job but not great compensatin for managers.
Pros
decent discount
Great Resume Filler
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, NYJune 27, 2014
Great entry level management position. Volume for this specific store was low. Obviously, this will vary from region to region.
Benefits
Cons
Pay rate
First Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Camp Hill, PAMay 3, 2014
Overall it is a good place to work if you like retail and can handle hitting your daily sales goals. Its fun working with customers and making sure they get the right product. If you are a good salesperson you can make decent money and the company does provide you with benefits. Only downside is the retail hours.
Pros
Weekly pay and discounts
Cons
Retail hours
Sales Driven Position Learned Aspects of Small Business
Assistant Store Manager, Interm Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Jackson, NJMarch 14, 2014
Vitamin World is a fun place to work but has a lot of short comings. The knowledge I have learned in my time working here has been great, as well as learning how to control business in a small volume store.With a average staff of only 4 people each associate gets a good amount of management experience and you get to know your coworkers pretty well. The down side to working here is despite the stores being lower volume high sales numbers are always required and you can be terminated for not making them regardless of the circumstances. The other major downside to working here is the lack of room to move up in the company. There are very few store manager positions for anyone to move into and if you are able to move into that position you are even more limited in your growth. I do enjoy being able to help people better their heath and help them attain goals, whether its losing weight, getting certain health requirements in check its definitely a good experience.
Vitamin World
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Vicksburg, MSJanuary 21, 2014
This is an awsome place to work. The benefit package is great.
Fun place to work.
Assistant store manager (Former Employee) –  Jensen Beach, FLOctober 11, 2012
Management needed improvement. Besides that it was a great experience.
fun place to work at
Asst. & Store Manager (Former Employee) –  birmingham, alAugust 28, 2012
i learned a lot about nutrition from reading, co-workers, and the very helpful customers.
Pros
you learn more about your personal nutrition habits
Cons
you learn more about your personal nutrition habits
great experience in a retail company
Assistant Retail Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Queensbury, NYAugust 21, 2012
I learned a lot about retail management at vitamin world. I learned how to assist customers on purchasing supplements to help with their well-being and how to work closely with other associates.