Vitamin World Employee Reviews for Associate Manager

Unprofessional, gross management. I was let go
2nd Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Pismo Beach, CAApril 29, 2019
I was retaliated against because I was a whistle blower. Let go w no notice, was lied to and I was ignored by coworkers for days when I just needed my schedule. Wasn’t paid full amount for days I was called in on my days off. Wasn’t given breaks on 8 hour shifts. My manager also drank my water that he clearly didn’t buy and threw away my very expensive deodorant. Their evil.
Pros
The learning & pay
Cons
Manager, 1st assistant manager, district management, no breaks.
Vitamin World
2nd assistant manager (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, TXJanuary 25, 2018
This job is great if you are a studying in the Health field. The store just recently got a new manager. Instantly, she is making the store better with her ideas on how to present the products. Honestly, I would not leave here at all. I love working here.
Pros
Small team, discounts, increased knowledge in supplements
Cons
hours
Great Start out!
2nd Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Brea, CADecember 9, 2017
Vitamin World was a great place for me to start out at because I had no real sales or work experience but my store manager took me under his wing and trained me properly for me to succeed and meet company goals.
Fast paced but a great environmet
1st Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 3, 2017
This was a very fast paced work environment that required a lot of product knowledge but the pay is well worth it if you do your job and work hard. It is competitive and employees have to work for their sales but the environment is great and management is typically well trained.
Pros
Pay and work environment
Cons
Can be stressful
you have to know vitamins!
2ND Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Arcadia, CAJune 8, 2017
it's a good place to work because you have a chance to help others live healthy. upper management is strict because of quotas you have to hit each shift
Pros
great employee discount
Cons
upper management
high pressured sales
First Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PAJune 1, 2017
Too much concern with high pressured sales and getting money in the drawer most of the time it was about getting the customer to buy and not concerning yourself with their primary concerns
Pros
employee discount
Cons
high pressure sales
Easy, stress free job
1st Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Friendswood, TXOctober 3, 2016
The job is very easy. Company provides a grate training program for new-hires.The main duty is making sales in order to reach company's daily goals.
A typical day at work would consist of helping customers, making inventory counts, restocking shelfs with products.
Pros
Great Management, If you are passionate about Fitness and Wellness you are going to love this job, a great employ discount is a plus.
Cons
Sometimes business is very slow, which gets frustrating
Productive and Educational
2nd Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 5, 2016
Fitness is important to me which is why I enjoy working here. There is a lot to learn and all of my co-workers, including myself, are knowledgeable about the products sold here.
Pros
Good discount, flexible hours
Cons
Low payrate
Super Fun Job. I mean for real! Best job I ever had.
1st Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Lihue, HIJanuary 20, 2016
I work 1130 am till 730 pm, and I am off on Fridays and Saturdays. I have learned a lot of stuff that I wouldn't even think of. But still there is so much more to learn. My co workers are really respectful, everybody gets along just fine, and that right there, is awesome!!! The hardest part of this job for me is trying not to want to learn everything in a day cause that is almost impossible and trying not to eat all day. The best part for me is I get to help people and meet new people that always becomes my new friends.
Pros
Nice veiw, alot of friends that I haven't seen for a long time are regular customers.
Cons
Junk computers. Oldies.
Serious Work Environment
1st. Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  North Bend, WAJuly 21, 2015
Great company to work for with awesome compensation and benefits. Management wasn't always the easiest to talk with or go to for advice which made it a less than happy work environment.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Unhappy upper Management
Good, with room for improvment.
Second Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Monroe, MIMay 7, 2015
The job is rewarding and does have many benefits. However; the pay is lacking compared to what is expected of associates as well as managers.
2nd Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAMarch 18, 2015
The pay was reasonable and the job was fun. It requires a lot of learning of nutrition and supplements but i always enjoyed it!
My manager and co workers were fantastic and always right there to help me out when needed.
Pros
HUGE employee discount
Productive, pay is low, fun
First Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMarch 1, 2015
I've committed my life to vitamin world and my returning customers. Some days were hectic due to stress levels at work. Taking on a lot of responsibilities of a SM being a ASM. Its an amazing job, but the pay raise is way under. I know I could possibly making more somewhere else, there have been many friends blown away at how little I'm making being a ASM. You get wonderful benefits being a ASM or higher. That's probably one of the things that have kept me at vitamin world. I enjoy my current DM. There are many sale changes throughout the month. Awesome discounts!
Pros
Benefits, Customers, Employess
Cons
Pay Raise
Great co-workers and good environment to work in.
Second Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Blasdell, NYDecember 13, 2014
A normal day at work would include helping customers with their needs within seconds of walking in the door. I would let them know about any deals going on and explain anything they did not understand. Working in a vitamin shop with so many products, it is hard to learn about everything, but I did learn so much about most of the vitamins. My co-workers were fun and very informative when I had questions about certain products. The toughest part of the job was learning about the products and trying to keep all the products and their benefits straight. The most enjoyable part was helping people feel better and working with the people I did.
Educated about health
Assistant Manager 2nd key (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALFebruary 28, 2014
I have been educated about the various supplements and herbs that are beneficial for the body. Also, the training about the effects of this supplements and how they counteract with prescription drugs and any health issues the customer has.
Pros
Training about health and well-being
Productive, knowledgable, and fun place to work
Assistant Manager/ Associate (Current Employee) –  kahului, hiJanuary 20, 2014
A typical day at Vitamin World, consist on following the Vitamin World commitment steps with every customer. Talking to every customer on a personal level, providing him or her with a knowledge base of which supplement programs would best fit his/her needs. I have learned and obtained a deep knowledge of all the vitamins, herbs and supplements we carry.
My manager is a wonderful and fun person to work with, we perform practice skills daily to ensure we are treating every customer as our own family member.
The most difficult part of the job would be learning and retaining all the information about the hundreds of supplements we carry.
The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new and interesting people that come onto the store daily.
Productive environment
Assistant Manager, full-time (Former Employee) –  queens, nySeptember 4, 2013
Learned a lot about nutrition and fitness. Job was simple and easy to maintain. Managers are friendly and staff is overly pleasurable to work with. Commission offered on all sales. Would love to work here again.
Pros
Education in nutrition
Cons
Boring job
Store level good, above store thumbs down
2nd Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Grove City, PAApril 7, 2013
The store level of the company is pretty good. All the associates are really nice and friendly and the store managers are usually pretty great too. Above the store level is where it gets frustrating, the corporate office constantly has us change around the store often making things worse. The DMs are jerks
Pros
great employee discount
Cons
bad hours, little to no chance of advancement
Wonderful place to work
1st Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMarch 25, 2013
Days are long. Learning about the benefits of the different supplements and herbals are some of the best knowledge out there especially if you are able to help those that are not able to use perscriptions. The hardest part of the job is not having enough bodies during the busy time and not having the support for training of operations. The most enjoyable part about the job is being able to HELP the customers. The love that is shared of the job and with the customers makes them come back looking for you and gives you the comfort of knowing that you made a difference. When making there visit feel comfortable and enjoyable is always the goal with the knowledge they need to continue with there regerments. Always remember each customer is different and to explain the supplements to them it what they want and need.

I LOVE VITAMIN WORLD AND WHAT IT STANDS FOR.
Pros
knowledge of supplements
Cons
no regular, continous stability in schedule (not for all)
Key Holder
Second Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXOctober 12, 2012
It was understaffed for an outlet mall setting. I really enjoyed getting to help people increase their health. I definitely nerded out on the subject material. The district manager at the time was a rather unpleasant woman but my store manager was awesome and very knowledgeable and encouraged getting to know the product. It was an interesting and fun work environment and I am glad I got the experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vitamin World. Our community is ready to answer.