Vitamin World Employee Reviews for Sales Associate

The environment was fun and engaging. It helped drive your hunger for product knowledge. But very competitive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 26, 2018
My coworkers were amazing as well as the upper management. When it came to the work having amazing people skills is essential and being able to address them correct and formally depending on their age was crucial. Since it is a Health and Wellness store you can receive people from varying ages. Knowledge of the products in your store and competitors store was crucial since sport nutrition is a very competitive area. Foremost the knowledge of your own products was key since you had to be able to tie multiple products together because we did not sell individual items we sold Life styles and Plans for ones well being. In general I Learned a lot and gained a lot of knowledge and experience working there.
It’s a pretty lady back job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 10, 2018
Overall I love the job except a few perks. The dm is not all that great with employees. Even though it’s a lady back decent job not worth it I still love the job the because your taught about vitamins
Pros
Nice discounts
Cons
30 minute breaks
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Limerick, PAMay 13, 2018
The company did give me every opportunity to excel, but I did not pick up the information as quickly as desired. The company was working with me though.
Pros
Pay, independent
Cons
Too much responsibility
Fun job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYApril 18, 2018
Located in the mall it was a great place to be. The company itself sold a variety of health supplements at competitive prices. The customers were very loyal because the service and quality of the products itself was great as well.
A diverse work place in which product knowledge and customer service is highly valued
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Montclair, CAApril 2, 2018
Competitive, but supportive work environment. VW takes pride in providing world class customer service and provides training for employees. Compensation is fair and there are opportunities for company advancement.
OKay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WAJanuary 25, 2018
My experience at Vitamin World was okay. I learned a decent amount about supplements and nutrition. Though, I did enjoy the generous discount I was not paid very well.
fun workplace
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYDecember 6, 2017
Easy going job.It gave me a great introduction to customer service and taught me about the workings of a successful small business.i would recommend who has experience with sales and likes to have friendly conversations with customer should work here.
Will gain interesting knowledge
Sales Associate and Second Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Niles, ILSeptember 10, 2017
Interesting to learn about the different health and wellness products. There are adequate training programs and most managers try to make it fun. Positive attitude makes it fun.
Good company overall
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Wellington, FLMay 3, 2017
The job is easy to learn, and the pays better than other entry level jobs. If you enjoy sales and fitness its very satisfying. The downside, their a small company with few locations which leaves little room for advancement and its usually only part-time.
Pros
Being able to help people, help themselves
Cons
Not many hours, Traffic depends on location
Sales Associate
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAMay 3, 2017
My job entailed knowing all of the ingredients and benefits of the products/vitamins/supplements we were selling. Answered numerous questions to walk ins and clients that called in asking for advice on specific products.

The job required a lot of research on all of our products.
Pros
Good sales experience
A Fun Place to Work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dawsonville, GAMarch 18, 2017
This is a sales based job. If you like to help people with bettering their lives then the sales will come naturally to you. You will be responsible for assisting in keeping up with inventory and there will be times when you are the only one in the store. But overall you are never scheduled for something that cannot be handled.
supportive environemt
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Tamuning, GUNovember 6, 2016
since this job was my first real job every it was a great experience.. ive learned so much about a lot of products that I still use until now on my personal time. my coworkers were very helpful & understanding, they were also great to work with. the hardest part about vitamin world was answering the many different questions each customers had. the best part about working was that I got to learn something knew every single day & being able to interact with other people was a prize. it was a great experience for my first job, im looking forward to experiencing another great job.
Pros
discounts on products
Cons
short breaks
Not That Great
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Camp Hill, PAOctober 11, 2016
Really not that great of a company. For all the branches of business they have off of NBTY you'd think they would pay better for all the stress you go through.
Good Job
Sales associate / Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAJuly 28, 2016
Really good job and co-workers . Answering calls and emails every morning. Making customers feel welcome and happy . Cleaning and Organizing
Pros
Weekly pay, discounts
Cons
management
Bad Place to Work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Anthem, AZJuly 11, 2016
Unorganized, low pay, low traffic, low hours, and the commission is a joke. Don't work here, it's not worth your time. The managers are terrible and do not take the job seriously.
Learning about vitamins and customer
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, NYJuly 8, 2016
The store manager is very friendly and easy to work with. She is always there to lend a hand and help me with any project I'm doing.

The hardest part of the job is not being busy enough. There is a lot of down time of just doing nothing.
boring
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CAMay 31, 2016
it was ok experience very low pay and pretty boring job not really much to do not much growth pretty dead end job. i worked there when i was younger and i was into fitness and i thought it was great experience but it got boring after ahwhile.
Great job for those intreested in health and fitness
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Watertown, MAMarch 21, 2016
I enjoy working here. I have a nice boss and a nice coworker. They provide pretty flexible hours. I don't like the sales part of the job because you need to keep up with your average sale with customers and I'm not a pushy kind of person.
Positive experience with great coworkers and management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJanuary 18, 2016
I loved working in such a healthy environment where my coworkers as well as manager created a positive and motivational atmosphere. The hardest part of the job would be when a customer bashed the information we provided or came in with false information from outside sources. Over all it was a great experience and felt amazing to help people reach their health goals. The best part was having customers return to thank you for all the help after having tried a system you recommended. Extremely rewarding.
Pros
rewarding, health oriented, fast paced, fun environment if you love nutrition, I was lucky enough to have a very morally straight manager who would stick up for us
Cons
most of upper management runs strict, at some points it was more sales driven rather than customer satisfaction oriented.
Great job to get me through college
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 14, 2015
This was a great job. Worked here part time to help me get through college. My manager did a great job working around my schedule. Also the discounts are awesome; 50-75% off.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vitamin World. Our community is ready to answer.